Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing that sucks about all these ****** looking toys is that it reflects poorly on the film. It reminds me of all the ****** Gino toys (where the toys gave you exactly what the film was) and I am afraid that is what people will start associating this film with. "Ah look at all the ****** Godzilla toys... Must be another ****** Godzilla film is coming out... Boy it will probably suck like the last one"

Loose photos of Atomic Roar Godzilla.

Atomic_Roar_Fire.jpg

Atomic_Roar_Front.jpg

Atomic_Roar_Side.jpg

Atomic_Roar_Side2.jpg

Fan sculpted art . Unclear if its anything legit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 230
It's just a fan concept.

Detail shots from the Destruction City pack, I actually really like the little Godzilla.

Even though the Muto is still really simple looking here, it looks more promising. Funny how Bandai gets Godzilla's proportions right only on the tiny toy.

Bh78E8XIMAA2OaJ.jpg

Bh78bICIIAAr-3S.jpg

Bh78SkXIUAAvUfF.jpg

Bh7814nIMAAberg.jpg

Tiny godzilla also looks more detailed than the vomiting one :lol

Indeed, it's like there was a mix up in the sculpting room. "Ok, we're going with collector-level detailing, this will be on the...let me check...I think it's the Destruction pack mini figure...yes...yes, and let's dial it back a bit and simplify things with...hmmm...yeah the deluxe, pricey figure."

I've gone from "guess I have to wait until May/June for NECA" to "March 17th can't come fast enough so I can run out and by that tiny Godzilla" :lol

I have a 4" Godzilla collection that this will fit perfectly with so I'll be running out to pick it up for sure, it's only $9 for the Godzilla solo figure with building and military vehicle, I don't care about getting the muto and spending another $11 for that and some buildings, I just want G, and it'll tide me over until the rest of the merchandise I want comes out in April and May.

Have you all noticed how this new design could totally be done as a man in suit for future Japanese made films just in case the new movie does good and everyone ends up liking the design?

They definitely respected that his overall design should remain as it's been, and not to think, well it's not a guy in a suit anymore so we can do what we want, and just use the advances of CGI over a suit to give more realism to his look and movement.

I'd love to see a suit version of this design. I'm hoping this movie does well enough to spawn a cartoon series, I really enjoy the G98 cartoon, and it seems like this movie will easily set up a storyline to build a series on.

I hope the movie does well enough for sequels so they can bring in classic monsters. King ghidorah in a movie would just blow my mind. Also it would be cool if we see mothra as a cliffhanger in this movie. At the end you see a giant egg and it starts to hatch revealing mothra..... Wait that's sorta similar to the ending of 98 zilla.

I'll pick up that mini Godzilla pack. The mini G and Muto are definitely worth getting. The other Bandai stuff can collect dust. Can't wait to get the Jakks figure as well and the big Neca one too.

I guess the Neca Godzilla 1984 figure is being delayed. Godzilla 94 will be released in a wave by himself.

I hope the movie does well enough for sequels so they can bring in classic monsters. King ghidorah in a movie would just blow my mind. Also it would be cool if we see mothra as a cliffhanger in this movie. At the end you see a giant egg and it starts to hatch revealing mothra..... Wait that's sorta similar to the ending of 98 zilla.

King Ghidorah would be my first choice in seeing a modernized big budget version of any of Godzilla's villains! After him, MechaGodzilla and Rodan would be my second choices! :rock

Imagine if the new movie took the Nolan Batman formula, movie one, and obscure foe, set up at the end for the most infamous to show up, we get a tease of a re-imagine Ghidorah coming, I'd say Ghidorah is the equivalent of the Joker to Godzilla.

Indeed, it's like there was a mix up in the sculpting room. "Ok, we're going with collector-level detailing, this will be on the...let me check...I think it's the Destruction pack mini figure...yes...yes, and let's dial it back a bit and simplify things with...hmmm...yeah the deluxe, pricey figure."

I've gone from "guess I have to wait until May/June for NECA" to "March 17th can't come fast enough so I can run out and by that tiny Godzilla" :lol

I have a 4" Godzilla collection that this will fit perfectly with so I'll be running out to pick it up for sure, it's only $9 for the Godzilla solo figure with building and military vehicle, I don't care about getting the muto and spending another $11 for that and some buildings, I just want G, and it'll tide me over until the rest of the merchandise I want comes out in April and May.

I might get the vomiting godzilla for my nephew :lol, he can throw it around and mess it up

They definitely respected that his overall design should remain as it's been, and not to think, well it's not a guy in a suit anymore so we can do what we want, and just use the advances of CGI over a suit to give more realism to his look and movement.

I'd love to see a suit version of this design. I'm hoping this movie does well enough to spawn a cartoon series, I really enjoy the G98 cartoon, and it seems like this movie will easily set up a storyline to build a series on.

I thought I read that Andy Serkis was doing some of the mobcap for Godzilla…or was I just hallucinating...

Imagine if the new movie took the Nolan Batman formula, movie one, and obscure foe, set up at the end for the most infamous to show up, we get a tease of a re-imagine Hedorah coming, I'd say Hedorah is the equivalent of the Joker to Godzilla.

Fixed! :monkey3

It sounds like Serkis has a business situation with a mo-cap company, so the way the article seas written, I can't tell if he did the mo-cap or if they just name dropped to add credibility.

Back