Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something new, I've read rumor it may be another lottery piece but nothing I feel 100% reliable, but the details I mention can clearly be read in the image.

You like that one better than the x-plus? Or you mean you just like it more than the bandai ones out already?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You like that one better than the x-plus? Or you mean you just like it more than the bandai ones out already?

I like it better than X-Plus, the head sculpt on the X-Plus loses me, I just don't get excited by the overall figure, but when I saw this, before I even knew anything about it, I got that, "gotta have it" feeling. I like it even more than Banpresto, though not a Benpresto painted film accurate, but this would be a stock paint job. I've seen customs on this level too.

Hmm. It is cool, but I think I like the T's Facto kit a bit more. Yes, I'm still eyeing that... :lol The X-plus lost me somewhere on the ric version. Weird, but good for my wallet, I guess.

I like it better than X-Plus, the head sculpt on the X-Plus loses me, I just don't get excited by the overall figure, but when I saw this, before I even knew anything about it, I got that, "gotta have it" feeling. I like it even more than Banpresto, though not a Benpresto painted film accurate, but this would be a stock paint job. I've seen customs on this level too.
Amazing how we can be so opposite. Lol I think the teeth on the x plus sell me. I love this dude's maw on screen.
The other figures don't really nail the crazy mouth this guy has.

Both the x-plus and this bandai look stumpier than the actual onscreen monster so they both are similar there.

The paint on the x-plus is where Im a bit let down. Too dull. The sculpt is good but not spot on. But I think it's the best still with the exception of maquettes or the high end kit. Maybe banpresto too. Again..if banpresto just had the x-plus teeth I think that would be the perfect figure.

Hmm. It is cool, but I think I like the T's Facto kit a bit more. Yes, I'm still eyeing that... [emoji38] The X-plus lost me somewhere on the ric version. Weird, but good for my wallet, I guess.
I agree but I do like how the Ric has that chrome layer over the eyes as he's about to shoot his fire I thought that was such an awesome touch

So tamashi might be making the Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2 poster in figure form

8a0c467db85f6d5132d8420b88b3a96a.jpg

Amazing how we can be so opposite. Lol I think the teeth on the x plus sell me. I love this dude's maw on screen.
The other figures don't really nail the crazy mouth this guy has.

Both the x-plus and this bandai look stumping than the actual onscreen monster so they both are similar there.

The paint on the x-plus is where Im a bit let down. Too dull. The sculpt is good but not spot on. But I think it's the best still with the exception of maquettes or the high end kit. Maybe banpresto too. Again..if banpresto just had the x-plus teeth I think that would be the perfect figure.

I agree with you on the movie look, unfortunately, the thinness of the teeth makes it a hard design to translate into smaller scale figures. I like X-Plus' rendition on the side, something towards the front just doesn't work for me. I agree this new Bandai didn't hit it either, I just get a better vibe looking at it than X-Plus, I instantly felt something off and wasn't digging X-Plus when it was unveiled.

So far, here's my ranking of ones we've seen.

1. Bandai 25cm *NEW*
2. Banpresto
3. Bandai MMS
4. T's Facto
5. Bandai MKS
6. X-Plus
7. Albatross
8. SEGA
9. Gashapon

I hope the xplus looks even more impressive in person. Kind of would be a shame if the banpresto 8" is the best figure of the bunch. I want to see more of this 25cm bandai.

Back