Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just get the refund and go to toys r us or something ive been seeing it in stores.

That GBG is insane looking.

2e26223c58230bbecd9a4aaf7fd5edf6.jpg

Someone is getting ready to be shipped

Anxiously awaiting my email from Amiami :panic:

got my 94 neca G today.great bang for your buck.ordered the monsterarts version today as well.if your on a budget this is a figure to get.

Attachments

• 20140905_093436.jpg
    20140905_093436.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Saw the '94 at TRU today, very impressive, just don't have the spare money, saving for NECA Rambo and the Bandai USA 2014 vinyl, both of which should hit shelves soon.

Using the Gigantic '95 as reference, I've created this one sheet design. Part photo manipulation, part painting - about 10 hours:

9024fc75ced614cdb6cd9d789403194b_zps718d4d19.jpg

damn i would buy that in a heart beat.would make a nice wall scroll.good job bro.your hours of hard work paid off

Just had a run of six giclee prints made at full one sheet size. Shoot me a PM if you want more info. Sorry for the craptacular iPhone photo...

Wow, how great is it that I nearly replicated that photo with my shot. That just proves how great Sakai is and X-Plus needs to get as many of his sculpts as possible. It's such a shame that so many of his kits are in the 20cm scale and won't fit into the Large Monster Series which is 25 cm. Maybe they can start a smaller line (maybe I shouldn't say that) or get him to do new sculpts for them.

As cool as big Godzilla's are, for me, you can't beat Sakai's work, my 8" Kaiyodo '84 Godzilla blows both the 10" and 12" X-Plus away.

Wow, how great is it that I nearly replicated that photo with my shot. That just proves how great Sakai is and X-Plus needs to get as many of his sculpts as possible. It's such a shame that so many of his kits are in the 20cm scale and won't fit into the Large Monster Series which is 25 cm. Maybe they can start a smaller line (maybe I shouldn't say that) or get him to do new sculpts for them.

I don't know....included in the new, updated godzilla Sakai book, there are a series labelled as 30 cm ... And I believe this has either been enlarged or resculpted....and if correct, shows an articulated mouth as well....I bet this is for xplus....
Many of his sculpted have been mechanically shrunk for reproduction, some of his kits became shokugan candy toys....
But because he's the most prolific g sculptor of all time, I wouldn't be surprised if he did simply do new sculpts....
image.jpg

I don't know....included in the new, updated godzilla Sakai book, there are a series labelled as 30 cm ... And I believe this has either been enlarged or resculpted....and if correct, shows an articulated mouth as well....I bet this is for xplus....
Many of his sculpted have been mechanically shrunk for reproduction, some of his kits became shokugan candy toys....
But because he's the most prolific g sculptor of all time, I wouldn't be surprised if he did simply do new sculpts....
View attachment 131720

I'm not sure I fully understand you here. That insert picture of the head looks like the 20cm kit produced back in the early 90's. I have that kit which became a Kaiyodo vinyl kit. I also have the 20cm appearance kit coming out of the volcano, and of course, I have the 30cm kit in the comparison shots I took. None of these kits are the same. They are all original sculpts with the 30cm being the most recent. The X-Plus figure coming out seems to be an exact reproduction of the 30cm figure, unaltered in any way. So what do you mean about being resized?

Back