Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question since I don't own any Xplus.

When the vinyl smell is brought up, does it mean it smells good or bad?

Usually it's the same situation as with a brand-new polystone statue. Some collectors dig that new smell and with the typical X-Plus figures, the vinyl smell isn't overpowering by any means. It's more of a scent than something that feels like it's being given off by the plastic. Not the case with the GBG -- I don't like the idea of breathing that crap in until it's aired out.

Fun little example: as I've said, I'm leaving the figure in the garage to vent for a day or two. I went out to dinner tonight and when I came back and opened the garage door, I could smell that PVC stench from the driveway. No exaggeration. It was enough to mask the usual dusty smell of the garage.

I would love to have the 4-foot Masterpiece Kawakita Godzilla that's listed on Cinemaquette's site, but it's $2,800. :google

godzilla_main.jpg

Me too! Well, you and I could go in on halves and keep it at my place :hi5:

the Burning Godzilla design felt like the right mix of iconic and bold.

Yep, that pretty much sums up my feelings about 95 Burning G. Iconic and outrageous, not to mention absolutely devistating.

The "Oh *****" factor the 95 G presents is simply unmatched.

Mine just arrived! Pure awesomeness, and this one doesn't stink. Smells like an old SCREAMIN' vinyl kit from back in the day.

My last Godzilla purchase of the year. Between this and all of the high-dollar Batstuff for the 75th, I'm tapped.

Photos later.

^^isnt it a barbell style double ball joint? if so you should be able to get it to line up more by trying to push it over some, utilize the ball joint in lower torso. maybe its stuck? :)

Mine was like that. Go ahead and use the hair dryer. Really heat it up and close the gap. Hold it until the vinyl cools completey. Mine ended up looking fine. I also needed to pop the head off mine and adjust that as it was stuck way off to the side.
If the barbell joint inside is lined up properly, there is a slight gap on each side to allow a wide range or torso posing. Mine was like yours when I got it, off more to one side, but I just had to keep moving the upper body around wiggling the joint around until it eventually shift and now it's pretty even. The joint is very tight so it takes a bit of work.

Hey,

I just wanted to thank you guys for the advice on fixing my 24" NECA 2014. I think it may be a little better but not much. I will keep working at it. The BBTS rep said that I could get a refund but that a replacement would net the same results since they all have a gap.

Thats not true. That gap is atrocious. I cant make mine look that bad. He came right out of the box fine.

Yeah. I thought it was unlikely that they all looked like mine. She explained that a gap was needed for articulation. This makes sense, but mine is obviously not right. I figured the pics of the huge gap and my fingers fitting in would warrant a replacement for sure. I assume that the barbell joint is stuck to one side like others mentioned and will try to work it loose and straighten it up. I wanted to ask someone from NECA about it but didn't see any contact info on their site.

Mine barely has a gap unless I bend it extremely to one side.your gap is some sort of defect.bbts rep is bs

Well, now I'm thinking I should just return it to BBTS for a refund and purchase one elsewhere. I could very well try to fix it unsuccessfully and surpass my 30 day window to return. I wish they would just send a replacement instead of refund only.

Just get the refund and go to toys r us or something ive been seeing it in stores.

That GBG is insane looking.

2e26223c58230bbecd9a4aaf7fd5edf6.jpg

Someone is getting ready to be shipped

Back