Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes a great combo, flabby legs and muscular chest, I specifically looked for those qualities before getting married. :lol

Last edited:
Technically not, but in the details '89 just looks like a perfect combination of power and regal-ness without the flabby aspects. At least as much of it.

I agree...I remember when g vs Biollante was released on laser disc.....I LOVED that design...muscular though not technically flabby
...to this day it's my absolute favorite because he really looks like an animal and quite realistic, if feline...the 91 version made him even more muscular, but by the time 93 came out, it looked too "designed"....

94 was cool and superhero like...same with 95 burning and revived jr.....

GMK was just a unique and vicious take on Godzilla that is my other favorite with the blank eyes and very realistic structure...loooove the snarl of the mouth...captured quite well on xplus --and m-1 urban sofubi, sculpted by the same artist who sculpted the character we see in the 2001 movie

Yuji Sakai's millenium version is awesome and I wish at some point they followed his design. I would've loved to have seen his G kicking some Daikaiju butt...

2014 has really earned a nice place in my collection...I like that is canine as opposed to the feline g we've seen ...
.the design is awesome and I appreciate that they've used the digital model for many of the collectibles

2014 figural collectibles :

4" roaring lighted figure w sticker booklet
4" bandai PVC from destruction sets
6" bandai tail action
6" bandai clawing action
12" deluxe bandai atomic breath
6" neca ( from digital model)
12" neca ( from digital model)
24" jakks ( also from digital info. Somewhat suffers in translation for lack of detail on abs type material)
Godzilla bust... Japan cup topper slightly larger than neca 6" scale ( from digital info) this is an awesome collectible available only in japan
Mini figurines from wizkids w atomic breath, in water, standard

6" bandai japan vinyl
S.h. Monsterarts 6" figure bandai Japan PVC poseable figure

Chibi 2 versions

......sideshow maquette

Am I forgetting anything?

Hopefuls for G 2014:
X-plus 10" and 12"
X-plus gigantic
Marmit ( modern retro sofubi), m-1 ( low run quality modern urban vinyl), hazawagumi ( sofubi proportions w realistic texture)
Neca 18" size p

Neca super sized ( think balrog) godzilla 2014

The evolution of Heisei Godzilla.

85Godzilla1.jpg

91Godzilla.jpg

movieSuit10_09.jpg

tumblr_mk8d6pvikz1qmzknbo1_5001.jpg

NewGFilms-Radogoji.jpg

movieSuit13_01.jpg

1995 - Burning

20110110231110!95Godzilla.jpg

1995 - Adult Junior

Junior_The_Heir_to_the_Throne_Godzilla_vs_Destroyah_1995_Movie_c20yug.jpg

From '84 to '92, the designs were powerful looking. To me, he was awkward from '93 to '94, and they restored the powerful look in '95.

'91 was so damn strong looking too. I remember when he marched towards king ghidorah and the futurians were about to lose their minds.

Burning godzilla looks great too especially in his first scene. I liked the higher up large dorsal plates on his back.

I look a the '95 as the '89 on steroids, very similar but much larger mass to him overall than the '89.

'91 is great, this is one of my most favorite Godzilla collectibles I own.

9600084378_5d25c60647_o.jpg

9990615375_7317af7df8_o.jpg

9990744853_bc2432cab9_b.jpg

I miss your photo shoots :monkey2

Thanks, adult life has meant backing off a lot on collecting, even ended up having to sell off a lot, and now not much time to shoot, though I hope to get some time to do some nice stuff with the 24" NECA when I get him.

2014 has really earned a nice place in my collection...the design is awesome

Agreed.

Here's all my 2014s so far.

14476322838_9e5b8e4e32_c.jpg

A lot of detail was lost on the Hallmark ornament from the prototype, but that's to be expected with Hallmark, never figured it'd come out with that much detail. What remains overall looks good and in photos looks bad because it's so blown up but when you step back in person and look at it the way you would see it on a tree, it looks great. Frankly, it's just as good as any American Greetings Ornament and more true to the film design.

14476270730_91bdd6b235_c.jpg

14662948615_44e7230694_c.jpg

14682845863_3f5790564a_c.jpg

14639969136_fa404d7540_c.jpg

14476323068_5d0ac28c75_c.jpg

14662948135_2ce6c34fd8_c.jpg

What year is considered Godzilla Heisei v2?

What site is the best place to get vinyl godzilla figures? Toho/Bandai.
It's burning godzilla's sculpt but made plain with a normal repaint. So they can present it as a new figure or new form of Godzilla to the line.

What do you mean Heisei v2?

I was searching in the toho kingdom forums and people mentioned that Heisei v2 was one of the strongest Godzilla, right below burning Godzilla.

It's burning godzilla's sculpt but made plain with a normal repaint. So they can present it as a new figure or new form of Godzilla to the line.

So it's not in the movie? Just a toy version?

I was searching in the toho kingdom forums and people mentioned that Heisei v2 was one of the strongest Godzilla, right below burning Godzilla.

So it's not in the movie? Just a toy version?

I'm guessing they're referring to Godzilla junior turned adult at the end of Godzilla vs Destroyah, but I've never heard of a Godzilla referred to a v2.

Ohhhhhhh in the actual movie sense Godzilla version 2 is the Godzilla recreated in 1991 by the humans with a modern nuclear sub that the to defeat king ghidorah. He eventually becomes burning godzilla anyway.

That's what I'm assuming.

As far as these figures go, I thought ver. 2 was what the upcoming adult junior figure was going as.

I'm guessing they're referring to Godzilla junior turned adult at the end of Godzilla vs Destroyah, but I've never heard of a Godzilla referred to a v2.

Ohhhhhhh in the actual movie sense Godzilla version 2 is the Godzilla recreated in 1991 by the humans with a modern nuclear sub that the to defeat king ghidorah. He eventually becomes burning godzilla anyway.

That's what I'm assuming.

As far as these figures go, I thought ver. 2 was what the upcoming adult junior figure was going as.

Thanks, check this link to the discussion about v2 I am talking about. They just mention v2, but no other info about it.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696

Back