Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZillaFan, which G is at the far left on your shelf? He looks like he's painted with some browns?

It's getting harder to not pre-order that 2014 SHMA because I already have the 12" Neca, the 1994 Neca, and those darn Revoltech turtles on pre-order, lol.

I'd love to grab a pre-order for an X-Plus or two but not sure I could swing it.

I really like that movie theater statue! Now there's a "focal piece" for the living room, rofl.

ZillaFan, which G is at the far left on your shelf? He looks like he's painted with some browns?

It's getting harder to not pre-order that 2014 SHMA because I already have the 12" Neca, the 1994 Neca, and those darn Revoltech turtles on pre-order, lol.

I'd love to grab a pre-order for an X-Plus or two but not sure I could swing it.

I really like that movie theater statue! Now there's a "focal piece" for the living room, rofl.
'64

Flash messes with colors so it's more subtle in person but he definitely has highlights of brown or something close

duqehyjy.jpg

I am a huge fan of 2014. Waiting on SHMA '14 and Neca 24"

X-Plus needs to get one out. My inner child demands it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

love that '64!

i got my 2003 x-plus today. very stoked to have it. it is not my favorite pose of the x-plus figures but man it looks great in-hand. the face and head sculpt are just killer. i may have to watch SOS tonight.

The scar was always lame imo. But...considering I felt like he was one of the dumbest Godzilla's ever on screen, it fits. I love the look of this figure though for whatever reason..the sculpt and paint are so slick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Between the SHMA figure and this theater statue, it seems like the Japanese prefer to put their own spin on the 2014 design and don't like to be literal.

I would've taken the statue's artistic liberties over the final figure. The statue evokes more of the movie feel to me. Angrier in expression, but the nobility of the original design remains.

Hmmm. I know it's not even out yet, but is anyone else cooling off a little on the NECA 24" HTT? I've got the 12" but I really am looking forward to the SH Monsterarts G'14 a lot more. I'm not an articulation junkie by any means - they go in my display case and stay there - so I'm kinda tempted to cancel my NECA 24" pre-order and just wait to see if X-Plus pulls out another awesome vinyl figure version.

Also, the sculpt on the larger NECA doesn't seem to be quite the same as the smaller one. A little slimmer, perhaps? It just looks slightly off in some areas to me - perhaps due to the engineering necessary for the sound module - or maybe I've just grown used to looking at the small version.

I figure 24" HTT is great, but all the articulation gaps are going to double in size too... :( Limited on space, yet so many options...

(In regards to the aforementioned space issue, I am also selling some X-Plus Ric versions, lol. See my sig. or PM me for details. :))

Hmmm. I know it's not even out yet, but is anyone else cooling off a little on the NECA 24" HTT? I've got the 12" but I really am looking forward to the SH Monsterarts G'14 a lot more. I'm not an articulation junkie by any means - they go in my display case and stay there - so I'm kinda tempted to cancel my NECA 24" pre-order and just wait to see if X-Plus pulls out another awesome vinyl figure version.

Also, the sculpt on the larger NECA doesn't seem to be quite the same as the smaller one. A little slimmer, perhaps? It just looks slightly off in some areas to me - perhaps due to the engineering necessary for the sound module - or maybe I've just grown used to looking at the small version.

I figure 24" HTT is great, but all the articulation gaps are going to double in size too... :( Limited on space, yet so many options...

(In regards to the aforementioned space issue, I am also selling some X-Plus Ric versions, lol. See my sig. or PM me for details. :))

I'm as excited for the 24" HTT as ever, and I've had the 12" since it came out. Based on the raw sculpt, I was nervous about the joints showing but to me they look as hidden on the painted shots as they do on the 12", the tail's better done, the paint's superior. For being twice the size and price, to me it looks twice as good and I can't wait for it to come out. To me, it looks even more like the movie than the 12", the eyes have more the emotional quality from the movie than the smaller figure, but rightly so. The only negative I feel about it is the lack of upper teeth, on the 12" it's fine but it stands out more on the 24".

I think the SHMA is a great looking figure and if I had all the money to spend on collectibles as I want, I'd definitely get it too, but for the most part, I really like my Godzilla figures to look as close to the film as possible, and SHMA took liberties with his look that I don't agree with where NECA's sculpt incorporated the CGI model and it shows, I see Godzilla exactly as he is on screen in their figure so NECA's the winner for me.

Yeah I'm still really excited for that 24" HTT. I like big figures, so for me bigger is better. :)

I love my little Neca, but I'm ready for his big bro

The little NECA one is probably my favorite figure atm. Just a lot of fun to mess with and try to get into some poses. But I am really looking forward to the larger version.

Im more into the shma. The detail pops more. The neca will look good but im expecting an x-plus has to be down the line so I have rhis mindset that the neca 24 inch is temporary. I wont keep both 12in tall 2014's.

Im starting to slowly focus on xplus stuff. Most of my shma figures have been purged. They look great and are super cool but I haven't been getting the same enjoyment from them as my xplus godzillas.

I love them both. I think the SHMA has crisper details but my experience with getting the Millennium SHMA was a little lackluster. He looks great, but the lower jaw popped off and I can't for the life of me get it back on. So it just kinds floats without being able to open or close fully. Add to that an arm that keeps popping off and way limited articulation, I'm pretty disappointed in the SHMAs at the moment. For way less I can get more enjoyment/play out of the Neca.

Plus, the only thing that roars is the Atomic Breath kid's figure and that weeny Barnes & Noble figure, so I am soooo ready for the 24" Neca. I was so bummed when I found out the big Jakks guy should have had sound but didn't.

So I guess Neca first for me but if I can swing the funds I wouldn't mind trying another SHMA.

My favorite SHMA overall as far as just being a fun figure was Burning Godzilla. He was really fun to pose and nothing ever popped off and sometimes I tried to make it. '64 is my favorite in terms of suit but the left leg would not stay on.

X-Plus G2014 will look cool for sure, but I have a hunch they'll slim him down as many of their figures are skinnier than the suits they represent, plus it'll be a static pose and paint apps will be not much better than NECA's. NECA's a great value for the money, looks like the movie, as nice a paint apps as you'll get on a mass production figure/vinyl, and the articulation is hidden well enough it doesn't look to figural compared to vinyls. I can't wait to have him standing with my Banpresto '54.

Back