Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's really throwing people off, I see NECA getting tweeted a bit for clarification even, this is the first time they've sold a figure based on anything but height, I'm sure it's because 12" and 24" catch attention more than 6" and 12".

Check this out, TRU posted what appears to be a pre-articulation shot of the NECA sculpt.

pTRU1-17133623enh-z6.jpg

I dont think this Godzilla makes a good looking figure. Im liking the head more but the body is too fat. He looks like he just swallowed another monster and he's digesting it. The feet still look horrible to me so they make the toys look cheaply made even though they are screen accurate.

Neca's larger one has potential we will see the final one. The smaller one really doesnt look good to me. Maybe jakks is really the way to go...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That's the Jakks version. It even has the articulation. On the other hand the Neca figure looks just ok. I think his eyes are too big and he's just a chubby design at the end of the day. If they fix the eyes I'll still probably get it. Of course, if the Monster-Arts can some how bring out the best in the design then l'll get that too. Bandai Japan has a ton of experience designing Godzilla figures, so I'm holding out hope.

I know the head proportion to the body is more dramatic than any Godzilla before, but it's not like Godzilla hasn't been fat looking before.

264b.jpg

278b.jpg

Yeah the big G has always been a bit of a fat@ss, like myself. :p

Love the new design. Didn't at first but it's really grown on me. Can't wait to get the NECAs. Getting ready to go on the hunt for the Jakks in a little bit.

I dont think this Godzilla makes a good looking figure. Im liking the head more but the body is too fat. He looks like he just swallowed another monster and he's digesting it. The feet still look horrible to me so they make the toys look cheaply made even though they are screen accurate.

I'm not sure about this either... I don't really like it at all, actually. But then I'm pretty disappointed with NECA, so I don't need too big of a reason to pass. I'm kind of thinking that this is a design that will look far better as a pre-painted statue. Having all those articulation points just makes it look strange - like he's got armor plating or something. Companies are going overboard with this articulation push, I think. But then at the end of the day, I just put mine on a shelf so I don't need 8 billion articulated joints. I just want it to look good.

I know the head proportion to the body is more dramatic than any Godzilla before, but it's not like Godzilla hasn't been fat looking before.

264b.jpg

278b.jpg

He has but the larger legs and thicker arms have always made him seem more proportioned than this one which looks like he has thinner legs and lankier arms but massive girth. Like '92 had the big legs but he had outward chest and a more serpentine neck so he looked big and muscular. Plus the larger spines on the hesei designs help as well. With the small back plates he looks like someone's fat puppy. And, at least on a shelf, he looks more silly than anything else (im sure the movie will do him justice strictly speaking toys).

This new one which looks like he has thinner legs and lankier arms but massive girth. With the small back plates he looks like someone's fat puppy.
:goodpost: :exactly:

He has larger legs and thicker arms made him proportioned.
'92 had the big legs but he had outward chest and a more serpentine neck so he looked big and muscular.
:lecture '92th was awesomely designed, second best in my book.

92Godzilla2.jpg

I'd rank the Heisei sutis:

1. 84
2. 89/91
3. 95
4. 92
5. 93/94

And even though 92 ranks low, I like all the top 4 a lot, I just don't care for the 93/94 suit on any level, the spines don't work for me, the legs are oddly done, it's just not a good look. I like how the 92 feels like the 89/91 with a more solid build in areas. I'd say on design alone, he's the most powerful looking of the Heisei suits.

I actually got my years wrong. I meant '91. The one from king Ghidorah. Obviously the biollante suit is pretty much the same in most areas but I prefer the sense of power he brings on screen when the guys are in the space ship wondering what that giant threat on their radar screen is and you just see Godzilla marching out of the ocean onto land in such a angry state. He looked strong because he was fueled by power and hate, not just because he happened to fat. I think other monsters who are the size of Godzilla should see him coming and know they have a brawl on their hands.

Because there are just way too many Daikaiju from the movies to collect, I concentrate most of my collecting on Godzilla himself...
My favorite versions of G are the following:

1. GMK - White eyes, snarl of the mouth, texture
2. Heisei 1989/1991 - canine look, more natural textures and less "designed"look of musculature
3. Legendary Godzilla - classic Godzilla silhouette, realistic head and mouth, interesting sauropod type legs and feet
4. 1962 - my first favorite design, mean eyes
5. Millenium Concept by Sakai Yuji - basically a modern version of the 1962 King-Goji
6. 1994/1995 - tough-looking thick-necked nice proportions

Yes that's the NECA 24" head to tail figure, they only have raw sculpt shots at the moment, there are painted shots of the 12" head to tail figure though.

Back