Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still wish his spines were a bit bigger and that he had some bigger toes...

I look at this pic and I don't see a "fat" Godzilla.

attachment.php

These actually look pretty nice. Not tempted at all to buy the NECA '89 (or whatever it is, as it bears no resemblance to any of the specific Heisei suits), but as far as official USA-made 2014 movie merchandise goes, the NECA 24" looks like the figure to get.

24HTT_Godzilla_2014_01_zpsfb3ae855.jpg

24HTT_Godzilla_2014_02_zps02006b7c.jpg

24HTT_Godzilla_2014_04_zps3989ecf7.jpg

The 12" looks nice too, but... it's NECA, so a bigger canvas means better paint apps. And it's Godzilla, so go big or go home.

My favorite Godzilla costumes over the years...

1. G 89/91
2. G 75
3. G 73
4. G 68
5. G 92

I know my tastes are different from most. However, some of those older designs I remember vividly from childhood. Hence, I'm a little biased.

Ok, I've he enough time to really think about this design and I have to say it's not really all that good. If you think about it without the sentimental Godzilla factor and just judge it as a monster design I can't see how this even comes close to anything in Pacific Rim or even the last two Gamera movies. Even the Cloverfield monster is scarier. In fact, even though Gino sucks really bad as a Godzilla design he is still a better overall monster design than this. And that really pains me to admit it. This version is not scary looking enough by a looong shot. Now, I know this is just based on the toys so far but they all look pretty close and they seem to be right on to the source. And I know that despite all of that the movie could still end up being good. A great story and awesome acting can overcome a lot of other short-comings but dammit, The King deserved to look better than this!

I think he will look and act menacing in the movie.

His girth looks pretty intimidating to me, he is huge.

I wouldn't want to be under those ugly cankles.

Last edited:
i like how ugly he is, i think they tried ver hard to make it as "real" as possible and i think they did a good job.. a big ugly fat looking monster. reminds me of a dinosaur all roided up or sumthin. IMO

plottin on my first monster arts big G, will be the 2000 ver i think. easiest to find and instock at sites i buy from.

I think he's bad@$$! I mean c'mon, if you take a cold hard look at any incarnation of old school G, it's not exactly revolutionary (yes it is :p) or believable but I've loved him my whole life. :D

Back