Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my first X-Plus figure on its way from Japan and its GIGANTIC. I found the Ric Boy exclusive GMK Gigantic Godzilla and ordered that badboy! I kept looking and looking and finally snagged one. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

Took some high-res photos of the X-Plus Mothra in the afternoon sunlight. I really think she's the best-looking Godzilla-related collectible I have. The price stung a bit, but I feel like X-Plus turned this into a bona fide work of art.

rvhlsp.jpg

2ns9z6u.jpg

2a9zk1y.jpg

jfya7d.jpg

21aid94.jpg

Took some phone pics I took of my current X-Plus collection after receiving the 25cm 1961 Mothra adult today. Everything I have is 30cm except for her, but she scales really nicely with them.

Thanks for the pictures, Blade - it's great to see all these figures next to each other! Something about the 1954 'Zilla still bugs me though. I'm not sure why, but I've always thought it looked a bit off. *shrugs* I've never seen it in person though, so that may make a difference.

In 2014 news, I'm surprised I haven't seen this posted yet. It gets me all excited! (despite the Jakks adjustments - I have to imagine the real thing will look a little different...)

xJPA73820-2.jpg

xJPA73820-2_a.jpg

In 2014 news, I'm surprised I haven't seen this posted yet. It gets me all excited! (despite the Jakks adjustments - I have to imagine the real thing will look a little different...)

View attachment 90380

View attachment 90381

They were already posted in the Godzilla Movies thread, but it's certainly appropriate to have those pics here. Thanks.

Haha, so am I.

Anyone know for sure if this will be available at Walmart like all of their other giants?

Nice stuff. That Mothra is top. I wish They would do a Gigantic Mothra :D

I just snagged my first X-plus!!!!

Got a 1984 at an amazing price and I think it's the Ric Boy limited.
Excited.

I wish the spikes were bigger too. However, I think the Neca and MonstertArts versions have the potential to be pretty cool. I think the final design will look awesome on the big screen.

I think the spikes were bigger in the trailer. Also it really wouldn't have killed them to maybe paint (or at least airbrush) the spikes black or gray. There's way too little color variation, even for a Jakks figure. We're talking about something that's 31" tall, not a Happy Meal toy.

It's a 31" figure but it's also only going to cost about $30, I actually think for the size and price that it's a really impressive figure.

I fully expected the paint on the Jakks version to be sub-par at best but it's actually better than I thought it'd be. I plan on doing some paint work and enlarging the spines if I'm able.

Just got this monster in today. I don't normally build models, and I haven't done a vinyl kit in a long, long time but this was a must have--Kaiyodo's 1/80 scale 1954 Godzilla 60CM (two feet tall). This was sculpted by Toru Oshi way back in the 1980s as a resin garage kit made by a company called Mermaid or so I've read. Sometime in 1988, Kaiyodo got the mold and re-released it in vinyl. I've been looking for this kit for years and found it on yahoo japan's auction site. Terrific piece and I hope to do it justice as the 1954 Gojira is my favorite G film.

IMG_1306.jpg
IMG_1307.jpg

It's a 31" figure but it's also only going to cost about $30, I actually think for the size and price that it's a really impressive figure.

Size isn't impressive to me in the least.
It's like that crappy Metroplex that people went nuts for. Big cheap hunks of plastic are actually bad in my opinion. It takes up space. haha.

Posted by Chris Mirjahangir (Chriss55) at Tohokingdom.

Ok guys, This is from NECA. Part of my posting this is to solve the mystery as to WHO was making the 24 inch figure. To my knowledge, NECA doesn't make 24 inch figures so it was a little confusing. Jakks is still making the 31 inch figure as well so it looks like we'll have a couple of big Godzilla's out there

"Godzilla 12" Head To Tail Action Figure - Series 1
From one of the most anticipated movie releases this year, the relaunch of the classic Godzilla franchise. This 6" tall figure is highly detailed and fully articulated, and over 12" long from head to tail! Over 25 points of articulation and a bendable tail. This classic movie monster has never looked so good in toy form. "

and

"Godzilla 24" Head to Tail Action Figure
From one of the most anticipated movie releases this year, the relaunch of the classic Godzilla franchise. This 12" tall figure is highly detailed and fully articulated, and measures 24" from head to tail! Over 25 points of articulation, bendable tail, and sound effects."

BOTH ship in May

I am SO pumped, hope the 12" is affordable.

Back