Godaikin robots(homage to the ones that started it all)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree, I grew up watching these shows when I was a kid. To this day Getter Robo G is my favorite robot. When I was a kid it was part of Force Five and it was renamed Starvengers. Mazinger Z/Tranzor Z was another favorite along with Gaiking and Dangard Ace. The good old classics for sure.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YsZ5W13Bh8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Thanks for sharing that clip. I don't remember them showing Getter Robo in So Cal when I was growing up, but I did have the Shogun warrior of him. One of my favorite cartoons growing up as a child was G-Force, Battle of the planets. Oops, Getting off topic. sorry!:slap

Thanks for sharing that clip. I don't remember them showing Getter Robo in So Cal when I was growing up, but I did have the Shogun warrior of him. One of my favorite cartoons growing up as a child was G-Force, Battle of the planets. Oops, Getting off topic. sorry!:slap
Funny you should mention that. Battle of the Planets/G-Force is my absolute favorite anime ever. I've got the Gatchaman series on DVD. Too bad the toys for this series suck. :(

There were plans of releasing a movie, but I'm not sure at this point if it has been scrapped or on hold:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v0ijXoblVPo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pbk-5cMxEH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As for the movie its scrapped. The Korean Company that was animating it went out of business from what I can remember. They were doing a few other shows/movies as well and they all got canceled.

Last I heard, the company Imagi Studios Group who was working on the animation for Gatchaman cutback on staff to minimize losses and is currently using what little resources they have left to continue slowly working on the project.

Well, who knows...
It would be a nice surprise to see this project completed. :pray:

The first time I saw Voltes V was in the late 80's/early 90's although it was first shown in the Philippines in the late 70's. This was banned by Marcos because it apparently "had a negative effect on children due to its violent content."

...yeah, says the guy who imprisoned/murdered/did things god only knows what to his political opponents and basically put the whole country under martial law for almost a decade!:monkey4

you pinoy? :hi5:

I think this is the 1982 wholesale price list for the original 10 Godaikin Robots that bandai was offering to the toy retail shops. If I only knew back then what I know now. They came 6 to a case.

Yeah tell me about it, the old robots and even on into the more recent Soul of Chogokin line are getting really expensive. Now with Bandai-J releasing the smaller Super robot soul of chogokin there smaller and still ranging from 45 to 80 dollars...The original line is now for the bigger bots and combiners and some of those guys are starting to hit the $300 dollar mark now just getting out of hand if you ask me.

Yeah tell me about it, the old robots and even on into the more recent Soul of Chogokin line are getting really expensive. Now with Bandai-J releasing the smaller Super robot soul of chogokin there smaller and still ranging from 45 to 80 dollars...The original line is now for the bigger bots and combiners and some of those guys are starting to hit the $300 dollar mark now just getting out of hand if you ask me.

They've always been real expensive, but they seemed to have spiked slightly in the past few years. I'll still take them over year 1998-2000 price levels.

I just landed me a real nice score from a guy getting out of vintage 'bots. I got me a DX Combattra, DX Daimos, DX and ST Dangard, Gaiking, ST Daimos, DX Grendizer w/ spacer and DX Daltanias. Had to sell some Hot Toys to fund them, but oh well. ;)

Funny thing is....I find out after selling my Hot Toys on ebay that he's actually selling his bots for Hot Toys figures and Sideshow PFs. :slap

-Joe

No ____ing way! Tetsujin for $36 bucks. :slap
I know you posted "wholesale" price but still. I would've bought case after case after case.... :gah:

They've always been real expensive, but they seemed to have spiked slightly in the past few years. I'll still take them over year 1998-2000 price levels.

I just landed me a real nice score from a guy getting out of vintage 'bots. I got me a DX Combattra, DX Daimos, DX and ST Dangard, Gaiking, ST Daimos, DX Grendizer w/ spacer and DX Daltanias. Had to sell some Hot Toys to fund them, but oh well. ;)

Funny thing is....I find out after selling my Hot Toys on ebay that he's actually selling his bots for Hot Toys figures and Sideshow PFs. :slap

-Joe
Nice group of bots there. Perhaps when you have time some pics of the new family members. :yess:
Combattra would be my favorite then Gaiking.

Nice haul, Im such a sucker for Dangard Ace and Gaiking.
Dangard Ace...sweet!
One of the three original Shogun Warriors from the comics. The other two being Raideen and Combattra.

Check out this one for Raideen:
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/a9KT6AM6nJU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/a9KT6AM6nJU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

-Joe

Just curious on the combattra you scored. How is the box condition? Are there any split corners, tears or creases on the outer box. If it's mint, then you scored big time because combattra is almost impossible to find in good condition.

Just curious on the combattra you scored. How is the box condition? Are there any split corners, tears or creases on the outer box. If it's mint, then you scored big time because combattra is almost impossible to find in good condition.

Yeah, Tell me about it. I've been looking for a dead stock photo box Godaikin for ages...can never get one. I still regret selling my dead stock Tetsujin 28 a few years back but at least I still have my Volt in Box Voltes.

But anyways, the one I scored was the Bandai Super Robots System version (the "Godaikin" Window box). The box is sweet and has only minor wears on it. The toys itselft is pristine save for a few minor knicks on the on the areas where it combines. Chrome on the legs is bright and clean. All the other toys I got too were pretty near minty too. ;)

Gotta say I alway end up lucking out when I get back into gokin. I should just stay with this hobby.

-Joe

Yeah, Tell me about it. I've been looking for a dead stock photo box Godaikin for ages...can never get one. I still regret selling my dead stock Tetsujin 28 a few years back but at least I still have my Volt in Box Voltes.

But anyways, the one I scored was the Bandai Super Robots System version (the "Godaikin" Window box). The box is sweet and has only minor wears on it. The toys itselft is pristine save for a few minor knicks on the on the areas where it combines. Chrome on the legs is bright and clean. All the other toys I got too were pretty near minty too. ;)

Gotta say I alway end up lucking out when I get back into gokin. I should just stay with this hobby.

-Joe

Good job on finding these guys. They are getting harder and harder to find.

Back