Godaikin robots(homage to the ones that started it all)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godaikin

Freakzoid
Reaction score
They are not shogun warriors, nor are they transformers or gobots. These are the Godaikin Robots. They were all diecast metal and were combiner type robots that formed bigger ones. Sort of like the constructicons and Devestator, except that these were made of solid diecast metal instead of plastic. The Godaikin line of robot figures came out roughly around 1982 before both the transformers and gobots. As a kid, I wanted all of them, but they were way too expensive. So 20 years later, I amassed a humble collection and found the original 10.
These bad boys were the ones that probably started it all.
Does anyone remember them?

Last edited:
Wow, great collection. My favorite is Tetsujin...I've always wanted him but he goes for re-donkulous prices now.

My brother has Guardian, I consider him the Japanese Mech version of those Russian dolls-within-dolls toys.

Awesome collection.
I currently have the God Marz in great condition, but the box shows a lot of wear.
Also have Goggle V, but he is missing lots of pieces...so you could say "had" Goggle V. :(

I've always wanted a Combattra and Tetsujin 28.
Give me first dibs if you decide to sell. :)

Good work in tracking and obtaining all of them. :clap

Wow, great collection. My favorite is Tetsujin...I've always wanted him but he goes for re-donkulous prices now.

My brother has Guardian, I consider him the Japanese Mech version of those Russian dolls-within-dolls toys.
thanks. Yeah, Guardian is one of my favorites. They are almost like works of art. And the engineering behind these figures was pretty awesome for their time.

Not too many people knew about them because there were really no cartoons made for them, except for maybe GoLion(AKA Voltron). Back then, these robots were around $50 to $80 bucks and this was in 1980 dollars! So needless to say I never owned any of these guys as a kid cuz there was no way in hell my parents were going to spend that kind of money on a toy. but my friend had these guys. So everytime I'd go over to his house, I'd just sit there for hours drewuling over his collection. Finally, several years later after I got my first decent paying job, I started hunting these bad boys down on ebay.

They are my pride and joy and they are what got me into this toy collecting addiction:slap

Awesome collection.
I currently have the God Marz in great condition, but the box shows a lot of wear.
Also have Goggle V, but he is missing lots of pieces...so you could say "had" Goggle V. :(

I've always wanted a Combattra and Tetsujin 28.
Give me first dibs if you decide to sell. :)

Good work in tracking and obtaining all of them. :clap

Thanks Centurion. Yeah, combattra and Godmarz are the hardest ones to find in good condition. So is Tetsujin. I think these 3 are the rarest in the Godaikin Family. I will definately give you 1st dips if I decide to sell these puppies. :wink1:

Thanks Centurion. Yeah, combattra and Godmarz are the hardest ones to find in good condition. So is Tetsujin. I think these 3 are the rarest in the Godaikin Family. I will definately give you 1st dips if I decide to sell these puppies. :wink1:
:banana :yess:

:lecture Oh, I feel for you. Voltes V is very popular in the Asian countries. Not so much in the US but I know for fact that they aired the cartoon series in Malaysia, Singapore, and Philippines.

great collection ! Voltes V is what got me started..wish I didn't sell mine..:(

Not to worry. Bandai re-released Voltes V under the "Soul of chogokin" line. Also, they made him even better and more acurate to the anime then the original one that you sold. You can get this new version of Voltes V for like $150 bucks on ebay and he is also made of diecast metal like the originals. So all hope is not lost.:)

Not to worry. Bandai re-released Voltes V under the "Soul of chogokin" line. Also, they made him even better and more acurate to the anime then the original one that you sold. You can get this new version of Voltes V for like $150 bucks on ebay and he is also made of diecast metal like the originals. So all hope is not lost.:)

I do have the new version :yess:..it's just that the older one had more sentimental value for me cause my family couldn't afford to get me that one when I was younger then...the first thing I bought when I was able to afford it..:wave

Great collection man! I just collect the SOC line ... or I did right up to getting sucked into 1/6 figure world. I still kick myself I didnt buy Godmarz. I'm very picky though and I still hopeBandai release Dairugger. That for me, is my grail of grails.

They are not shogun warriors, nor are they transformers or gobots. These are the Godaikin Robots. They were all diecast metal and were combiner type robots that formed bigger ones. Sort of like Devestator and Bruticus, except that these were made of diecast metal instead of plastic. They came out roughly around 1982. As a kid, I wanted all of them, but they were way too expensive. So 20 years later, I amassed a humble collection and found the original 10.
These bad boys were the ones that probably started it all.
Does anyone remember them?

OMG you have tetsujin 28 the most wanted robot and expensive , well i have 1 boxed too but it cost me a kidney :yess:

Great collection man! I just collect the SOC line ... or I did right up to getting sucked into 1/6 figure world. I still kick myself I didnt buy Godmarz. I'm very picky though and I still hopeBandai release Dairugger. That for me, is my grail of grails.

I also love SOC too bad they made the bots too small in some cases , i have all the evas , dancouga and mazinger items

Thanks. Yeah, The new Godmarz in the Soul of Chogokin line is probably my favorite so far of the re-releases by bandai. It is really nice. You can still pick him up on ebay for around $265 I think.

OMG you have tetsujin 28 the most wanted robot and expensive , well i have 1 boxed too but it cost me a kidney :yess:

yeah, he's not cheap. I got him 10 years ago, and He still is probably my most expensive collectible by far.

Killer collection! I had one or two of these as a kid, but always loved seeing them on the shelves... they just looked like so much fun :rock

I'd love to start collecting them; will have to put them on my "long" list :lol

Killer collection! I had one or two of these as a kid, but always loved seeing them on the shelves... they just looked like so much fun :rock

I'd love to start collecting them; will have to put them on my "long" list :lol

WOW. nice collection buddy!

Thanks guys. Galactiboy, I would start collecting them now as the main ones like: Godmarz, Combattra, Tetsujin, GoLion, etc.. are becoming harder and harder to find on ebay.

Back