Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get your Arwen statue too?? And how did it turn out???

Yeah, I got her last friday. I've asked for replacements for both heads. The paint job on the heads were fine but I had a lazy eye issue on both that bothered me enough to see about getting replacements.

Yeah, I got her last friday. I've asked for replacements for both heads. The paint job on the heads were fine but I had a lazy eye issue on both that bothered me enough to see about getting replacements.
Damn. Don't like to hear that. I caved and ordered earlier than i wanted. Mine should be here Tuesday.

Damn. Don't like to hear that. I caved and ordered earlier than i wanted. Mine should be here Tuesday.

Yeah, its a bummer but it happens. SS is taking care of me so its all good. The statue itself is great and a wonderful addition to the line and any collection. You will like the statue I truly believe that.

josh you are like the nicest guy in the world. receiving 2x bad heads and still praise the statue :)

anyway hope the replacement is better, looking forward to see some cool photos.

if i ever get this, going to ask one of the pro painters here to redo the head.

Thanks! :) Like, I said things happen. Sideshow will do all it can to take care of the issue and over the years I've really only ever had a couple of issues like this. The statue is worth praising though as its a very nice piece eyes aside. I'm very happy to have it in my collection.

Thank ya again. I'm sure when all is said and done it will be just fine. I look forward to taking some shots of her and writing up about the statue.

I would suggest getting it. I do think its worth getting.

I don't know, Arwen is the only statue that doesn't do it for me so far.

Maybe when I have all the others in order to complete but she's at the bottom of my list for this line.

Arwen isn't my favorite character but this is the best piece done of her so far.I guess I just dig what SS did with this interpatation of her enough to finally purchase a product of the character.

hi can you guys take a look at the photo below, it seems there is a hole in his eyebrow. Can you please take a look at yours and see if it's the same? or take some closeup shots, i want to compare to see if it's all the same or mine looks kind odd. thanks

Last edited:
but is it as noticeable as mine? can you guys take some close ups.

because I can order another regular edition and swap the body if needed.

hi can you guys take a look at the photo below, it seems there is a hole in his eyebrow. Can you please take a look at yours and see if it's the same? or take some closeup shots, i want to compare to see if it's all the same or mine looks kind odd. thanks

Hi gagaliya :wave...yours is the same as all the others I've seen...just look back in this thread.

Here is an example:

Gimlihead.jpg

It's all good my friend.

:duff
Bill

Thanks for the great review, Josh! And thanks also to everyone that has said such nice things about this piece. It really was a labor of love, and much blood, sweat, and swears went into its making, and it's nice to have it so appreciated.

No problem Tim! :duff Thanks to you for making such a great statue. Will have that interview with you up next week so folks get to know your talent a bit better.

C'mon guys. the statue post production is flawless or should i say flaw-less. Its just the obsessive compulsiveness and the knit picking that kicks in. piece of the right ear and the finger in the left hand ISNT suppose to be there because its suppose to portray a dead decaying carcass of a orc and that being said the orcs parts have been rotting already and probably eaten by maggots etc. tone it down folks. all of it is normal

We ask these kinds of questions just to make sure that it was sculpted that way and not damaged in transit.

If I hadn't read this thread, I would've asked the same thing, especially about the missing finger on the Ork.

Back