Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya know ..... I know you newbs dont understand ..... but ..... if Gruson is in on it ... its the ____ing gospel ..... climb aboardd.,,, :monkey1

LMAO

This line does rock. Very excited about it.

I would definitely rather not have articulation on these statues - leave that to the 1/6 pieces. Not really sure how they would manage that with a piece of polystone anyway.

There are a number of people who have stated that they're really anxious for this maquette to make it into their collection - me too. I got to mapping out the time frame that we're looking at and this what I came up with.

Aragorn: shipping around February 2011
GTG : ship May 2011
Legolas : ship July-Aug 2011
Gimli : ship Oct-Nov 2011
Arwen : ship Jan-Feb 2012
Boromir : ship March-Apr 2012

This is based on a Q&A or Chat response where it was stated that pieces would ship every other month or so.

Wow! That already puts us at almost 2 years into the future and we haven't even gotten into the baddies yet!

I would definitely rather not have articulation on these statues - leave that to the 1/6 pieces. Not really sure how they would manage that with a piece of polystone anyway.

There are a number of people who have stated that they're really anxious for this maquette to make it into their collection - me too. I got to mapping out the time frame that we're looking at and this what I came up with.

Aragorn: shipping around February 2011
GTG : ship May 2011
Legolas : ship July-Aug 2011
Gimli : ship Oct-Nov 2011
Arwen : ship Jan-Feb 2012
Boromir : ship March-Apr 2012

This is based on a Q&A or Chat response where it was stated that pieces would ship every other month or so.

Wow! That already puts us at almost 2 years into the future and we haven't even gotten into the baddies yet!
Looking at that timeframe, I really hope this line is successful to last at least 5 years if not more. SS has a bad habit of dropping lines before completing them and a big part of this one's appeal to me is getting the characters that have been overlooked in the collectible market.

I have no info but I have no doubts saying this line will go well past Boromir.
My biggest fear is with this shipping schedule...we run RIGHT SMACK into The Hobbit and the collectibles based on it. The Craw just might be onto something...IF Sideshow gets the Hobbit licensing...which is pretty well secured I would think...then they are going to be hard pressed NOT to complete with LOTR with The Hobbit products...and they have a MOVIE to support The Hobbit stuff.

23-07-20107-46-06PM.png

I think I'd rather he were closer to the ground.

Like this:

2207201012411pmi.png

Looks too much like a tossed drawf otherwise. :lol

My biggest fear is with this shipping schedule...we run RIGHT SMACK into The Hobbit and the collectibles based on it. The Craw just might be onto something...IF Sideshow gets the Hobbit licensing...which is pretty well secured I would think...then they are going to be hard pressed NOT to complete with LOTR with The Hobbit products...and they have a MOVIE to support The Hobbit stuff.

Craw's on something alright, but since his prediction is based on nothing more than his bitterness over the death of the 12" figure line I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Apparently some kids just can't let go.....:lol

The way things are going with the Hobbit these days we'll be lucky to see it in theatres by 2015 and with SS stating these maquettes will be coming at a rate of one every month or so we'll probably have 30+ maquettes under our belts by the time we have to worry about Hobbit collectibles.

Here's my prediction, if SS beats out Weta for the Hobbit licence, like they did with this maquette line, I predict that could push alot of Weta worshipers right over the edge.....
smiley_emoticons_hangman-kiwi.gif

Last edited:
The thing is IMO The Hobbit will only help push LOTR items. It will renew interest in them by folks who kind of ride things for the moment. Plus if the quality stay the same as it is with GTG and Aragorn everything should be just fine.

I think The Hobbit merchandising rights will be shared out between Sideshow and Weta..... i think Weta will get to do the 1/6 statue line, busts and environments like they did with LOTR, and Sideshow will get PF's, dioramas and LSB's! And maybe another maquette line in the future.... i honestly think Weta will do the statues first.

I think the items will be shared but I could see SS ending up with the PF's and 1/6th statues. I just don't think there is a guarantee Weta getting them.

Back