GILES!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dusty, dearest Dusty, I have now decided that I love you and I want to have your babies!

No that's wrong...in fact that's very wrong......in fact that just not right at all.

For a second my pathetic sycophancy got all out of hand and all because you have offered a crumb of hope for us sad completists who need to finish our Scooby Gang.

I shall now hide, all embarrassed, behind my steering wheel, whenever I drive through Thousand Oaks!!!!!

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl

SideshowDusty said:
Um, guys, not to ruin your fun or anything, but I never thought it was a matter of *if* Giles was coming, but rather a matter of when? I'm pretty sure that every time Brant has been asked about the Buffy line and Giles in chat, he's responded with something like this, "Giles is at the top of the list..."

So, yes, there will be a Giles in Sideshow's future... it's just a matter of when. So no pitchforks will be needed at this party! :duff

Thank you Dusty for piping in and letting those who are concerned know that
yes, there will be a Giles in Sideshow's future... it's just a matter of when.
I myself have never doubted it and look forward to the day he finally arrives!:joy

SideshowDusty said:
Um, guys, not to ruin your fun or anything, but I never thought it was a matter of *if* Giles was coming, but rather a matter of when?

I certainly don't think your post ruined our fun at all. Now we can start a new fun thread and speculate on the when! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Look, multiple smileys to denote sarcasm.:D

Dusty, thank you! Now we can all turn our obsessive compulsive attention to something else! :lol :lol :lol

And thamesvalidude: Stalker much? :rotfl :rotfl

SideshowDusty said:
Um, guys, not to ruin your fun or anything, but I never thought it was a matter of *if* Giles was coming, but rather a matter of when?

Thanks a lot Dusty, for chiming in. You have a calming effect on the lynch mob mentality. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
Giles? They're going to make some boring old guy in tweed? Yuck! I hope we see every one shot monster before we see some boring old guy.
:stake

Now if they weren't going to make Dawn - THAT'S a reason to storm the castle!

:stake :stake :stake :stake

Protozaius said:
It's posts like this that crosses the line... this "storming the castle" mentality. So... are you going to tell me that you were being sarcastic? :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

Pz, after all this time you can't tell my sarcasm? My idea behind starting this thread was to see if someone from Sideshow would be prompted to be a bit more specific as to the whereabouts of poor old Rupert. It was great of Dusty [ever the voice of reason on this forum] to again step to the plate, but, with no disrespect intended, the when is no closer now then before. Sometimes just an honest, definitive answer is all fans need. Buy 'em, don't buy 'em...I truly don't care, just give us Giles.
And I wouldn't equate Giles to getting Boba Fett, but hey, whatever.
To me it is similar to not getting Alec Guiness as Obi Wan, getting Scully and Doggett but no Mulder, Zira and Zaius but not Cornelius, Lazenby and Dalton but no Connery Bond, Sarah and the T-1000 but no Arnold as the Terminator.
:moon {<--- sarcasm}

Ironman1188 said:
... the when is no closer now then before....

The 'when' is always closer today than it was yesterday... chin up, the glass is half full, etc. etc. etc. (yes, I am this annoyingly happy most of the time) :duff

SideshowDusty said:
The 'when' is always closer today than it was yesterday... chin up, the glass is half full, etc. etc. etc. :monkey1

Not if I drop dead tonight, then my wife can't sell my Buffy set to feed the kids, because its not complete. :monkey2
:D

Okay, I confess! I'm the one who first said "storm the castle" but it was just a play on words, and never meant to insight a riot! Sheesh!

Thanks for the info Dusty. I'm too new on this board to have ever heard what "Brant" said in a chat room. (I don't even know who he is.!) But I never make assumptions on vague promises.....I still need to see it to believe it.
(No disrespect intended.)

I got the reassurance I needed for the time being. Obviously others feel the same. I will now go quietly away to silently ponder the "when." Sorry if I opened a big, wiggly can of worms! :confused: :pow :crying

Seriously, we have heard from official SSC sources that Giles will come...eventually. So just as SW isn't done until we see a Lobot, then Buffy isn't officially dead until Giles appears.

Migwit said:
And thamesvalidude: Stalker much? :rotfl :rotfl

I know Migwit. It's about time I acted my age and grew up a bit.

But then hey, I'm in my forties and I collect "toys" (dolls?????) even if I do describe them as collectibles to those who might think I'm a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic!

Darklord Dave said:
Seriously, we have heard from official SSC sources that Giles will come...eventually. So just as SW isn't done until we see a Lobot, then Buffy isn't officially dead until Giles appears.

No offense, but we've heard lots of "the lines not dead" talk for lines now...well, dead. Giles is coming, Giles will be coming. Its starting to rank up there with "the checks in the mail" and "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you".
Empty promises are like an empty wallet, they both look better filled.
One day we'll have world peace, but wouldn't it be nice to see it in our lifetime.
:monkey3

Buffanatic said:
Okay, I confess! I'm the one who first said "storm the castle" but it was just a play on words, and never meant to insight a riot! Sheesh!

MaxValerie.jpg

Have fun storming the castle.:lol :monkey1 :lol

Darklord Dave said:
Giles? They're going to make some boring old guy in tweed? Yuck! I hope we see every one shot monster before we see some boring old guy.
I know you're being facetious, Dave, but I couldn't agree more! I'd much prefer Anyanka, Dark Willow, Turok-Han, The Primitive, Primeval and Wishverse Buffy, etc., over Giles.

...then Buffy isn't officially dead until Giles appears.
That's what I'm afraid of — once Giles arrives, it's buh-bye Buffy!

brgbffy.gif

Hey, thamesvalidude, I am in my 40's as well (prime of life, that is!), and I collect LOTS of "toys", and love every minute of it! :lol

Giles is coming. Giles IS coming. Ironman, if you drop dead tonight without Giles, just leave instructions in your will to have someone Priority Pre-Order him for you and send him to your family when he's released 8 months later. :monkey1

Morbid much? :rolleyes: :lol :lol :lol :lol

Back