GILES!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironman1188 said:
May they, Cordy, Wes, Gunn and the rest of Team Angel, not see the light of the production board before Giles is delivered unto us.
Sorry pal, Angel's the new game in town.;)

Well, I just "braved the Cross-Bronx Expressway" (quote from Beetlejuice), and posted THE question very politely, to "Ask Sideshow." I actually doubt if I will get an answer, but for all of you that care......I tried.

LordAzrael said:
To be honest I'm kinda surprised at some of the Buffy Figures that have come out before Giles.............
To be honest, I'm mostly surprised by MOST of the figures that came before Giles. Oh, sorry, "came" implies that we got Giles. I meant have come before Giles. :monkey2

It's the multiple releases of Buffy, Angel & Spike combined with one episode demons that really bug me - not the fact that they were made, but the fact that they've all been done before Giles, who is a key member of the show from the beginning until the end.

I think Giles needed to be done before people like Derkinderstod or liam etc.
I would want a Giles from the first season or second.

My giles that i would want would were erm......Tweed!
And come with books and a sword.

please sideshow weres Giles
matty

The reason I didn't jump on board your petition idea Buffanatic, is the concern that a low signatory count might just send Sideshow entirely the wrong message and persuade them that a Giles is not worth doing.
I will, however, add my support to your query on the ask sideshow page.
I too am very, very frustrated by the absence of such a key figure. Having bought figures like the Kindestod and Liam, purely to support the line in the hope of getting a Giles, I will now hesitate to buy any such secondary charcters from the Angel line.
I do still hold out some hope, however. They have not yet said that the Buffy line is dead, merely in hiatus. We can but hope that the powers that be in Sideshow are listening.

thamesvalidude said:
I do still hold out some hope, however. They have not yet said that the Buffy line is dead, merely in hiatus.

Much like the POTA, Universal Monsters, Outer Limits, Twilight Zone.....oh, wait, not such good examples. :monkey3
Buffy was ressurrected once already and I guess we were lucky, but if its on hiatus, that does NOT bode well, as any fan of a line said to "never be dead" can tell you.

Keep those complaints, boycotts, and pessimistic posts a-comin', guys 'n' gals! I'm certain the decision-makers at Sideshow are very encouraged by this thread and will be green-lighting lots of new Buffy and Angel figures for production real soon!

:rolleyes:

anyk_bnnr.jpg

FrankenFan said:
Keep those complaints, boycotts, and pessimistic posts a-comin', guys 'n' gals! I'm certain the decision-makers at Sideshow are very encouraged by this thread and will be green-lighting lots of new Buffy and Angel figures for production real soon!

:rolleyes:

anyk_bnnr.jpg

Your right FrankenFan. Afterall, supporting the line and buying all that we could certainly garnered us a definitive response regarding Giles. And buying several incarnations of the Frankenstein monster finally gave us Ygor, Maleva and a Doctor. But lets just sit back and beg, its worked so well to ask nicely.:monkey3

Even though I'm impatiently waiting for a Giles figure like everyone else, I have thoroughly loved all the figures we have gotten so far, including the multiple Buffys, Angels and Spikes. I also love the "monster" figures too because they add a nice mix to my collection. I'm sure we'll get our Giles someday, hopefully soon, because Sideshow is very much aware of how much we want him. We are constantly mentioning it on this site and we know Sideshow VIPs are reading our posts. And every chance I get I post it over in the "Mouth off" feedback sections over on the Sideshow site. I want the Buffy/Angel line to be around for a long while and I will not pass up on a figure I think looks great just because it isn't Giles.

We've already heard that two more figures from the Angel line will be announced soon. Sideshow is probably pretty much aware of the fact that the people who are collecting their Buffy line are the same that are collecting the Angel line and don't want to release figures for both lines at the same time. So I'm sure after those two figures are announced and the D'Hoffryn and City of Angel are delivered we'll then have a new Buffy announcement. And I really consider the Angel line as part of the Buffy line (and apparently Sideshow does too because City of Angel is listed under the Buffy section). So the fact that we already know there will be two new Angel figures announced soon is a sure indication that the line is not dead, maybe slowing down somewhat, but definitely alive and kicking.

Firefly Flanatic said:
Even though I'm impatiently waiting for a Giles figure like everyone else, I have thoroughly loved all the figures we have gotten so far, including the multiple Buffys, Angels and Spikes. I also love the "monster" figures too because they add a nice mix to my collection. I'm sure we'll get our Giles someday, hopefully soon, because Sideshow is very much aware of how much we want him. We are constantly mentioning it on this site and we know Sideshow VIPs are reading our posts. And every chance I get I post it over in the "Mouth off" feedback sections over on the Sideshow site. I want the Buffy/Angel line to be around for a long while and I will not pass up on a figure I think looks great just because it isn't Giles.

We've already heard that two more figures from the Angel line will be announced soon. Sideshow is probably pretty much aware of the fact that the people who are collecting their Buffy line are the same that are collecting the Angel line and don't want to release figures for both lines at the same time. So I'm sure after those two figures are announced and the D'Hoffryn and City of Angel are delivered we'll then have a new Buffy announcement. And I really consider the Angel line as part of the Buffy line (and apparently Sideshow does too because City of Angel is listed under the Buffy section). So the fact that we already know there will be two new Angel figures announced soon is a sure indication that the line is not dead, maybe slowing down somewhat, but definitely alive and kicking.

Thank you FF for your level headed post. You too FrankenFan.

No one wants a Giles figure more than me. Yet my desire for it has not clouded my perspective. I am a buyer. Sideshow is a company. They do not owe me a thing. That's not totally correct... they owe me QUALITY for the products they DECIDE to offer. No matter how loyal a buyer I am, I can only respectfully request certain figures... not demand them. It seems that people are under the sad delusion that if you purchase a significant amount of product from a certain company that you should have some say as to what that company makes or doesn't make.

I think this boycott is the equivalent to a child throwing a tantrum and holding his/her breath until they get what they want. I'm too old for such things.

So, I will not boycott Sideshow. They offer an wonderful array of fine quality products. And I know my place as a buyer, thank you very much.

I am not going to boycott anything. I am just not going to buy figures I don't REALLY want in order to support the line any more. SO THERE !!!!

(stamps foot and puts tongue out)

And I AM having a tantrum:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!:D

Protozaius said:
I think this boycott is the equivalent to a child throwing a tantrum and holding his/her breath until they get what they want. I'm too old for such things..

I don't feel I am a child just because I'm being vocal about my disappointment over the absence of a key character. Giles is the Buffy equivilent of Obi-Wan Kenobi, and if SSC released all of the original trilogy characters - including background alien characters and 3 or 4 versions of Han, Luke & Leia - then Star Wars fans would be complaining about the lack of Obi-Wan. It's not unreasonable to make your voice heard and express your disatisfaction.

If 5 Angels, 4 Buffys and 3 Spikes hadn't been released already, I wouldn't be so disatisfied. But with the continuation of the line and the knowledge that the resources are there and the effort is still worth it for them to make Buffy figures - why has Giles not been made? What's so hard about him in comparison to that 5th Angel or 4th Buffy? With the sheer number of figures in the Buffy line, and only a few key characters missing, I do believe they should release those characters. I do believe they owe the Buffy fans that since they've given us so many of the same characters and one episode demons. Most of which are all cool - but if they can be released that sends the message that the missing key characters can be too. And that's why we expect a character like Giles.

I don't see anyone calling SSC names and there's no tantrums being thrown here. We're simply worried about getting a key figure in a line that we collect, and we would like an answer as to when to expect him or if we should expect. Just a reassurance would be nice. We've heard that the line is on "break" (per the Angel magazine) and we know what that means if it's true. No Buffy characters coming. No Giles coming.

As far as boycotting SSC, I'm not necessarily. I want the Scooby gang but I'm not going to purchase all of them until I know a Giles is coming because he is a key member of the Scoobies and without him, I'm just not interested. I've been passing on them because I'm afraid I won't get Giles.

Last edited:
Protozaius said:
It seems that people are under the sad delusion that if you purchase a significant amount of product from a certain company that you should have some say as to what that company makes or doesn't make.

I think everyone took the "don't buy" psot a bit too seriously. It was not meant to actually "boycott" anything as much as show Sideshow what could happen.
PZ, as for what is quoted from you above? That is exactly what we were told on the POTA line. If significant amounts were not purchased the line would not continue and certain figures would not be made. So, to a certain extent what we buy does influence what we get.

Protozaius said:
No matter how loyal a buyer I am, I can only respectfully request certain figures... not demand them. It seems that people are under the sad delusion that if you purchase a significant amount of product from a certain company that you should have some say as to what that company makes or doesn't make.

I don't think that this is the case at all. Obviously we have some say over what sideshow makes or doesn't make or else they would never have run the star wars EU promotion they did. We all know sideshow frequents the boards and reads our posts. No, we don't have direct control over what they make or don't make. As the consumers buying them though, we have all the say on what we buy or don't buy.

Um, guys, not to ruin your fun or anything, but I never thought it was a matter of *if* Giles was coming, but rather a matter of when? I'm pretty sure that every time Brant has been asked about the Buffy line and Giles in chat, he's responded with something like this, "Giles is at the top of the list..."

So, yes, there will be a Giles in Sideshow's future... it's just a matter of when. So no pitchforks will be needed at this party! :duff

In regards to Ironman for what this thread title implied I offer the following:

:stake :censored :cuss :angrycanu :thwak

However, in regards to Dusty's post above I offer:

:grouphug :clap :mexwave :love :ccheerlea

Ironman1188 said:
May they, Cordy, Wes, Gunn and the rest of Team Angel, not see the light of the production board before Giles is delivered unto us.

It's posts like this that crosses the line... this "storming the castle" mentality. So... are you going to tell me that you were being sarcastic? :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

I'm all for a spirited discussion about the Buffy line. I, too, have found some of Sideshow's offerings puzzling. D'Hoffryn is one that struck me as odd, especially at the height of the Giles chant among fans. But there are plenty of people that love that character. Personally, I haven't picked up many of the episode specific figures yet (Der Kindestod, The Gentlemen, etc). But there are plenty of fans of this lines that LOVE these figures. There are some that ONLY collect the monsters. To each is own. I try and not persume that my opinion is automatically that of the majority.

But Sideshow Collectors have always needed to have a special reservoir of patience when it comes to their favorite lines. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Every line seems to have a glaring omission as deemed by the fans. The Star Wars PF fans NEED a Boba Fett! The Highlander fans NEED a Medievel Kurgan. The list goes on and on.

We've had this discussion before, Ironman, when it comes to fans who feel a sense of entitlement. I just don't think that if you buy a bunch of products from a company that that company owes you anything. As for the Ape line, I'm truly grateful for what we got. I did what I could do to support the line. I bought EVERY figure. Multiples of them in fact. I know you did too. But, at the end of the day, it wasn't enough to keep the line alive. That the reality of it.. so life goes on. The fan base of POTA wasn't big enough to support a line like this with this particular price point. The figures are selling fairly well on Ebay at reduced prices, but that doesn't do Sideshow any good.

But at no time have I let my sadness and frustration of the POTA line's demise turn to anger at "the holes of my precious collection". Many of my favorite Ape figures remain unmade. :monkey2

I'm constantly amazed on how rabid fandom quickly turns to anger. :emperor

I'm sure Sideshow is well aware of our desire for Giles. There might be reasons for his currently ommision. The thing to do is keep reminding them of your desire. But do it with respect. Not with threads that threaten to keep the Team Angel imprisoned on the production boards until you are satisfied. :emperor

Back