GI JOE SNEAK!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, I kinda think theres too many pouches and pockets tho. I think nobody else agrees with me tho lol

I actually agree with you about too many pouches, and pockets. The pockets on the thigh are useless since they are covered with straps. But, I think he will look better once some of the gear is removed.

I know it's the common view to see the V1 Snake Eyes as wearing black commando BDUs and the V2 to be wearing a black bodysuit (maybe a wetsuit) but looking at the actual figures, they're really not that different.

If anything V1 almost looks more like he's wearing a bodysuit than V2.

snakeeyesv1.jpg
snakeeyesv2.jpg

You can look at the collar and see he is wearing a commando sweater. Also, you can look at the card art as well.

Good point...it is possible he can have a removeable visor and you can exchange that the googles that the Version 1 SE had.

Essentially the figure is a v1 'Commando' style body with a v2 'knight visor' head...a perfect compliment since Snake-Eyes' visor is iconic.

He would have to come with a lot of stuff to make a version one Snake Eyes. A couple of things he would have to come with is a commando sweater, different harness, googles, etc. I think they were going for a Bradstreet and their own version of Snakes Eyes.

If I were to even type wingdings for all of foul expressions comming out of my mouth I would still be banned from SSF.

I was really hoping to not have to buy this figure. I am not a G. I. Joe fan, but I do collect other figures than my main lines of Star Wars and LOTR if they are cool enough. But I was cutting back on doing that as well.

But this piece is FAR too cool! It is a must just for the shear cool-factor.

Edit - Someone tell me that Hot Toys had nothing to do with this.

Edit 2 - What do you all suppose? 179.99?

$179.99 would be too much for a Joe I think, especially the first entry. I am going to guess $69-$79....or at least it should be in my mind. the license can't cost as much as SW and they won't have the clothing that the LOTR figs have.

Great first impression. Can't wait to see more pics. Darth Cruel, don't give Sideshow ideas. I would NOT buy it for that price no matter how cool it looks. I'm sure their wallets are getting quite full with the current prices. Hot Toys has already gone into fantasy land for pricing of mass produced figures (reproduced in the thousands).

I hope you guys are right.

Anybody know where this pic came from? I can not find it on SS' website.

I think the guy who posted this image must be a reseller who is given product photos for advertising.

"...start shipping next year." :monkey2

[WWPhilly] EXCLUSIVE! SIDESHOW REVEALS FIRST GI JOE IMAGE!
Sideshow Collectibles rocks WWPhilly by revealing Snake Eyes

By TJ Dietsch
Posted 5/31/2008

Sideshow Collectibles’ panel offered up a few interesting points, like a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the Premium Format Indiana Jones and a look at a few upcoming projects, but the big news was the premiere of the very first figure in their highly anticipated 12-inch G.I. Joe line which will start shipping next year. The first figure revealed is the Snake Eyes you can see here with more to be announced throughout the rest of the year including SDCC.

I know it's the common view to see the V1 Snake Eyes as wearing black commando BDUs and the V2 to be wearing a black bodysuit (maybe a wetsuit) but looking at the actual figures, they're really not that different.

If anything V1 almost looks more like he's wearing a bodysuit than V2.

snakeeyesv1.jpg
snakeeyesv2.jpg

Snake Eyes version one has Flash's legs. He does not have combat boots on.

And the best part is, we finally have a cool-looking Sideshow 12" that we know for sure won't require a repaint to look as good as it should. ;)

Back