GI JOE SNEAK!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cant wait for the brown Snake Eyes variant. And then the pink international Snake Eyes.

This is a guaranteed SDCC order. Their original press release said that figures would be revealed and orderable in Q3. We all assumed that meant figures shipping by then but Dusty corrected that....July starts Q3.

Kewl, but kind of a bummer.

From the looks of him, the head mask is the 1985 version, but the rest isn't. The upper body looks like aform fitting suit while the pants looks like loose military pants, making the figure look like the movie version.

I was hoping they would give us figure versions of the original figure designs, not made up or movie based stuff.

What does Cobra being real or not have to do with making figures from random designs instead of established character designs?

Reading comprehension, look into it :lol

I wonder if the Goggled "Commando" head would be the exclusive. I really doubt we see any variants in this line as there is such a wide character selection. But of course, with Sideshow's recent track record, we will get the Commando Snake Eyes, the 85 Snake Eyes, a Cartoon Snake Eyes, a Bradstreet Snake Eyes, and the ultra rare international swap meet exclusive Movie Snake Eyes!

Hmmm, is that base part of it or just for the picture? If not, how is he balancing like that? Is this line posable like the others or is that a static statue?

Some one please smack some sense into me!:duh

My bet for exclusive? Remember the comic? Its the framed picture of him and 2 others from Vietnam, before he was disfigured! Who were the other 2? Rock n Roll and Stalker? Duke?

really hope they keep the comic style .
but it does look like the bradstreet cover with the baggy pants
which is a real shame .:( I would prefer the form fitting uniform all over ..oh well back to bashing my own versions

Nice work Maulfan! When SS announced the Joe license I anticipated it to be my flagship line and it looks like they aren't going to disappoint! I'm so freaking excited for the potential of this line! I can't believe we're going to see Snake Eyes in all his 1/6 scale glory soon!

the problem being snakeyes and CC will be the easiest figs to make!

Nice to see something from the SSC Joes even if it's not much at all.
Interesting that Sideshow said their GI Joes will be based on the original 80's 3 3/4" figures, yet it's becoming clear they actually based Snake Eyes off of the Bradstreet art. :rolleyes:
But it gives me hope that Cobra Commander will be based off of Bradstreet's version because I'd rather have that version then a straight translation of the 80's figure.

I hope Bradstreet is commissioned by Sideshow to provide his interpretations of GI Joe characters as Sideshow's reference material for their figures, and that art will become the box art. Now that would be cool.

Kewl, but kind of a bummer.

From the looks of him, the head mask is the 1985 version, but the rest isn't. The upper body looks like aform fitting suit while the pants looks like loose military pants, making the figure look like the movie version.

I was hoping they would give us figure versions of the original figure designs, not made up or movie based stuff.

yeah... but this version was easier for them to make.

Oh and I'm beating 2 figs a year... maybe 3 ordered 2 recieved. :monkey2

My sentiments as well. They really need to look no further than the vintage card art. *Hopefully* the only reason they did it with Snake Eyes is because he has multiple iconic looks and they wanted to combine them. Pretty much every other character except for CC has only one "iconic" version.

I'm really curious about what his exclusive will be. If its his goggled head then I'll probably remove his kneepads to make him look as close to his original art as possible. If its Timber then I'll just leave the kneepads and be content with the Bradstreet look. It looks like he's got the '82 satchel under his right arm. It would have also been cool if they sculpted an extra pointing finger but we see how important it was to SS in Han Solo's case. :lol

Looks pretty cool. Kinda glad its a slightly updated version. Although I loved my early Joes, some of them were pretty gosh darn plain. Also looks like maybe on the new body as its not as scrawny as a Buck.

Cool looking figure. Would have liked the 82 version, but that version was slim on gear. Giving us the 85 version with an Uzi and the satchel charge would be just as good.

Timber as an exclusive would be sweet. Other good add ins:

Alternate scarred head
Photos (the Vietnam one with Tommy (Storm Shadow) and Lorenzo (Stalker) and the picture of his sister with the bullet hole through it.)
The skull necklace that Kwinn wore.

If they do a Cobra Commander next, I sooooo hope he's the battle helmet one, but would not be surprised if it was the hooded one.

John

Back