GI Joe Resolute Discussion [SPOILERS]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh... I don't miss Bazooka at all.

And isn't this just part of the "movie"? I thought it was just all of these mini webisodes strung together at about 60 mins in length??

Yup. Something like 10 6-minute or 12 5-minute webisodes with the whole to play on Cartoon Network this Saturday night.

So with the death of Stormshadow, I'm getting the feeling that this series might be a "one time thing". There's a begging, a middle and an end already set. I can see killing off Bazooka and Bludd for dramatic effect but SS was a major character to kill off this soon. Am I off on this???

My thoughts too. But a TV series set before this "movie" might work. That way we get Bludd, Bazooka, and SS back. Plus we might find out what Bludd did to get himself killed.

Then maybe a series or two after this "movie" where they can kill off even more guys? The fact they killed someone as big as SS off makes this prospect interesting. Nobody is safe. Killing off Destro or Baroness would make the other really pissed and that could lead to an interesting story, for example.

Personally, I don't really like how they handled the Storm Shadow character and that would have to be my one gripe with this. The showdown with SE was cool and all, but imho they made him too much of a one-dimensional villain with no depth or redeemable characteristics at all. The Tommy character from the original Hama comics was much more complex than this one and I prefer that incarnation myself.

That's why I was surprised that SE offed him so early. I figured they would explore their history a little further before their showdown.
Well, in this interpretation there apparently wasn't much else to explore. SS was just a bad guy, period, and so the complicated history isn't there. In fact, they even had him be the one who hired Zartan to take out his uncle. That's quite a departure from the previous canon.

OMG that final battle was awesome! And finally got to see Beachhead getting some action. I can't wait to see the next episode. Hasbro needs to make Resolute a regularly aired series.

I am loving this series. I say bring on more character deaths. As entertaining as the old cartoons were, there wern't really any shocking moments? Maybe when Duke was hit in the chest with the Snake Spear during the movie. But still, no major deaths.

Well, in this interpretation there apparently wasn't much else to explore. SS was just a bad guy, period, and so the complicated history isn't there. In fact, they even had him be the one who hired Zartan to take out his uncle. That's quite a departure from the previous canon.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed about that. We lost the whole history of Stormshadow and Snake Eyes there. They could've explored the deeper aspect of the relationship between the two and have them forced to fight, SE to obviously defend the world and SS honorbound to Cobra and forced to battle SE. Instead they just went for the money shot, and while it worked, it just seemed rushed and shallow. :( Other than that though, the series rocks so far.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed about that. We lost the whole history of Stormshadow and Snake Eyes there. They could've explored the deeper aspect of the relationship between the two and have them forced to fight, SE to obviously defend the world and SS honorbound to Cobra and forced to battle SE. Instead they just went for the money shot, and while it worked, it just seemed rushed and shallow. :( Other than that though, the series rocks so far.

100% agreed. :rock

Part 9 and 10 are up.
There are supposed to be only 10 webisodes right? With the ending of 10 are we getting more, or a series perhaps?:monkey5

Last edited:
At first I was excited to hear there would be characters that die. Now, I'm just glad that they've left someone, anyone, alive. What a slaughter this series is.

I just watched all 10 of these and damn this took off quickly. I already have the new episode set to record. This is the GI Joe we were waiting for.

I'm pretty sure the show is 1 1/2 hours on CN, so that should give us at least one more episode right? Episode 10 didn't wrap anything up, especially with Duke's threat.

I wonder if they do kill Cobra Commander if we will finally see his face? Or maybe it would be a double?

Oh, and did anyone notice the voice of Cobra Commander is the voice of Starscream in the live action Transformers movies? I think that is cool they connected these characters again through voice after all of these years.

I'm pretty sure the show is 1 1/2 hours on CN, so that should give us at least one more episode right? Episode 10 didn't wrap anything up, especially with Duke's threat.

I wonder if they do kill Cobra Commander if we will finally see his face? Or maybe it would be a double?

Take 60 minutes and divide it up every 10 with 5min commercial breaks.

Back