GI Joe Resolute Discussion [SPOILERS]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know after seeing the first few episodes I actually wouldn't mind anymore if SSC made Duke with some extra "Resolute" gear; namely the supply vest and kneepads. As long as I'd have the option to remove the extra accessories for a classic 1984 look I say bring on anything extra inspired by the new show.
That would be cool, but only if the 84 version is in there somewhere.

These really are badass. This is the best G.I. JOE has been since the early days of the RAH Marvel comics! I want a full series, damn it!

I really am at a loss when I try to comprehend why Hasbro would go to so much effort to produce such an awesome animated series, yet allow that colostomy bag of a live action piece to be made.

Episodes 7 and 8 are up on Adult Swim. Episode 8 is the final of the battle between SE and SS and HOLY **** its bad AZZ.

Dang SE is a tough SOB.

I really am at a loss when I try to comprehend why Hasbro would go to so much effort to produce such an awesome animated series, yet allow that colostomy bag of a live action piece to be made.
I've sort of figured that the cartoon was created, in part, to appease more serious fans who think the movie looks like poop. Also, to sell toys and make more money.

I'm going to say this again... the quintessential G.I. JOE RAH experience (imho) is now this (RESOLUTE) and the first 40-50 issues of the Marvel comics series (which IDW is now re-printing in TPB form, by the way)

Episodes 7 and 8 are up on Adult Swim. Episode 8 is the final of the battle between SE and SS and HOLY **** its bad AZZ.

Dang SE is a tough SOB.

Final battle is right! :google It was an awesome fight though!

If they do indeed make this into a series, I wonder if they will start before this "movie" takes place. Otherwise, they will be lacking some very important characters! First Bludd and Bazooka, now Storm Shadow and maybe Gung Ho and Roadblock! :horror

Eh... I don't miss Bazooka at all.

And isn't this just part of the "movie"? I thought it was just all of these mini webisodes strung together at about 60 mins in length??

I mean I know this stuff isnt real but when SS stabbed that sword THROUGH the meaty part of his hand.... My skin crawled.

WOW that was awesome.

So with the death of Stormshadow, I'm getting the feeling that this series might be a "one time thing". There's a begging, a middle and an end already set. I can see killing off Bazooka and Bludd for dramatic effect but SS was a major character to kill off this soon. Am I off on this???

Back