Action Figure GI JOE Kitbash Parts Help and Trade Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a friendly reminder, eh!? :lol

Dave my have gotten a "friendly" reminder from Sideshow :dunno

But unless something drastic has changed within Sideshow, they have never taken issue with custom bashing, making large scale runs of their licensed products though they will have a major issue with.

No one here is making full figure run stuff, like a Rainman type figure, a sculpt, clothing with logos/symbols and accessories and then selling 50 of them under the name "Snake Leader" or something when it is clearly a Cobra Commander figure.

oh yea...check out the joe goodness..
img007_zps183d85de.jpg

me022_zps31b5cb6f.jpg

i miss those days...and the hair...lol...

That's a long standing policy, to prevent people from sculpting and selling Sideshow licensed products. Like someone sculpting and selling a 1/4 Spiderman or making large number runs of a 1/6 scale Batman head (which already happens), not making generic uniforms or random parts that have maybe 10 pieces go out.

You watch your freakin mouth!

iB2rTUw3fW4Eg.gif

:lol

I love vintage pictures like that. I have one of me in standing in my underoos in the kitchen with a Lion-O in each hand and the Battle Platform and Conquest at my feet. My life was all down hill after 1986.

I dont know if this is the right thread to ask this question, but does anyone have an idea what type of pouches are on the font vest of the 3/4 Viper figure? I cant tell if they regular pouches or small representation of a machine gun ammo pouches, like the trooper.

viper-01.jpg
viperpit-6.jpg

You watch your freakin mouth!

iB2rTUw3fW4Eg.gif

:lol

Batman was just the first character that came to mind...:monkey3

:(
I dont know if this is the right thread to ask this question, but does anyone have an idea what type of pouches are on the font vest of the 3/4 Viper figure? I cant tell if they regular pouches or small representation of a machine gun ammo pouches, like the trooper.

viper-01.jpg
viperpit-6.jpg

Probably not intended to be pouches, just a flak jacket of some sort.

so i found this stuff last week..it's from my son's bracelet making kit(paracord)..
it was ok..but just a bit too thick in this scale..
rope1_zps1ae82687.jpg

so i was at hobby lobby yesterday and found this..it's a lot smaller scale wise and is a good size for that rope that the joes/cobras always seem to have..
HL had it in a ton of colors..different sizes, etc..but only the multicam and a blue multi camo in this thickness...i'll prb get the blue as well..but it's pretty cool..so far..

new stuff is the multi camo..old stuff is the all green..can you see the difference?
newrope_zps09ce8443.jpg

also..one more...
are there any bodies out there that are like the SSC pros? that accept the joe hands/boots with out modding anything?

Last edited:
Probably not intended to be pouches, just a flak jacket of some sort.[/QUOTE]

I always thought that, but the newer release has what looks to me like a pouch of some kind. So I thought maybe that iswhat is supposed to be. See how that part is not flat.
cobraviper-11.jpg

I don't think you can use newer stuff as reference to reverse engineer 80s style stuff. Its like using 25th anniversary card art to make 80s accurate characters doesn't work, because they used different art that looked similar to the original, but is actually different in many cases.

That being said, go with whatever works for you, but if you're going for the 80s era look, I think King is dead on.

this is what i need..

hawk boots - flat
any cobra boots
parts for stalker - uni, beret
parts for flint - all lol
cobra trooper parts...any
parts to make a 2nd crimson guard
parts to make a ninja..weapons mostly..good swords...
snake eyes vers 2 body(muscle arms one)
rock n roll body

or anything else you may have or want to trade...

if i get a good haul from someone..i have one stinger suit in the works(or see my interest thread for newest pants, etc)..that i'd trade..
sooo..lmk....

i have the viper chest/waist rig thing...if anyone needs it...plus my custom clothing if the deal is right...

Last edited:
Back