Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads possible.

If the point is a straight reboot, I assure you Sony has franchise in mind, not a one-off. The comedians I'm hearing suggested are too old. Tina Fey and Sarah Silverman are both like 44-45. Sandra Bullock is also too old hopefully.

I'm guessing Ellie Kemper, Aubrey Plaza, Rashida Jones, Emma Stone, Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Kali Hawk etc are going to be more of the pool they pull from.

Ernie Hudson is with us! **** this movie!

Female Ghostbusters? Fans don't want it, says Ernie Hudson - Telegraph

"I heard it was going to be a total reboot, and that it would have nothing to do with the other two movies," he said. "If it has nothing to do with the other two movies, and it's all female, then why are you calling it Ghostbusters?

As one who often says "see it before you judge it" I can say with no hesitation that this will be terrible.

I respect Bill Murray for doing decent films and not cashing in and doing whatever piece of crap Aykroyd was pushing. There's no point in another one without Harold Ramis.

I don't care if they reboot it or if it stars women, but they need to avoid simply having four women playing the same personality types as the original film.

All of there night vision cam ghost hunter shows on cable have p-ssed in the pool anyway.

What a crap idea. Take a classic movie franchise ... and turn it into a pandering, pseudo-feminist circle jerk. Couldn't be less interested. And, I hope it crashes and burns so bad that they'll never make the same mistake again.

SnakeDoc

ncjMJQ7.jpg

My favourite part is how he suddenly had this revelation about having an all woman cast. As if that wasn't the very first thing that popped into his head the moment Sony went "hey dude, wanna do Ghostbusters?"

Feig would do a female fronted Rambo remake of it was dangled in front of his face.

I don't care if they reboot it or if it stars women, but they need to avoid simply having four women playing the same personality types as the original film.

That's probably exactly what they'll do.

GB1 - We see the company get started.

GB2 - We see the company get restarted.

GB3 - aims to set itself apart by restarting the company...?

No original Proton Packs, no Traps, so they need an "Egon type" now to re-create them. One typecast down.

No Slimer. Unless they are going to have their first bust be about capturing Slimer again so he can roam free the rest of the film. Real original.

with GB : TVG (official cannon) the whole "are ghosts real?" thing that plagues the public in 1 and 2 is finally resolved. It's publicly accepted that Ghosts are real and exist and the guys become an official city agency like Police, fire, etc. That gives you the perfect oppurtunity to just make this about a franchise in another city. But since we're throwing that away, expect another large plot point to be the Ghostbusters having to prove that ghosts exist... again.

I feel bad for the poor woman writing this. She has solid writing credits and she's already been put in a corner. Probably doesn't know **** about anything outside of the first movie's plot anyway.

Rebel Wilson has been cast as the motion capture model for slimer.

The Mccarthy chick could double as the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

GB1 - We see the company get started.

GB2 - We see the company get restarted.

GB3 - aims to set itself apart by restarting the company...?

No original Proton Packs, no Traps, so they need an "Egon type" now to re-create them. One typecast down.

No Slimer. Unless they are going to have their first bust be about capturing Slimer again so he can roam free the rest of the film. Real original.

with GB : TVG (official cannon) the whole "are ghosts real?" thing that plagues the public in 1 and 2 is finally resolved. It's publicly accepted that Ghosts are real and exist and the guys become an official city agency like Police, fire, etc. That gives you the perfect oppurtunity to just make this about a franchise in another city. But since we're throwing that away, expect another large plot point to be the Ghostbusters having to prove that ghosts exist... again.

I feel bad for the poor woman writing this. She has solid writing credits and she's already been put in a corner. Probably doesn't know **** about anything outside of the first movie's plot anyway.

Well, on the plus side, this dude's gonna play the new "Janine."

rushmore-1.jpg

they are working on some prototypes as we speak.

dora-aquapet.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back