Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of self-hatred must compel a reasonably successful director to go to a press event for his movie ... and then lay on the ground to let the four comediennes he hired, two of which aren't especially light, step on him for a public photo op? Hell, it looks like two of the actresses can't even figure out what he's doing.

The guy needs to see a shrink. Or a priest. No self-respecting person would do that.

SnakeDoc

Well, from the look of his face, it looks like that's his fetish...

wm2bGXM.jpg

This guy is getting bullied and getting threats online just because he said this lol

Lol even patton Oswald got in on hating him :lol

he's right. I won't bother seeing this. It does look all around awful. I blame Bill Murray. I'm sure the ideas he veto'd were better than this movie, yet here it is, and he will be in it. So ****** him.

And they might as well just dragged Harold Ramis's body out for those chicks in the above pics to step all over.

he's right. I won't bother seeing this. It does look all around awful. I blame Bill Murray. I'm sure the ideas he veto'd were better than this movie, yet here it is, and he will be in it. So ****** him.

And they might as well just dragged Harold Ramis's body out for those chicks in the above pics to step all over.

Over-stating it just a tad?

Also, doing a cameo and having your name plastered all over a film are two different things, had GB3 been made and sucked, it would have affected his career negatively, but a cameo is just a cameo. Rest assured, had the GB3 scripts been good, I'm sure Murray would have signed on. Had he made a GB3 that was bad, people would be blaming him for destroying Ghostbusters.

Now Sony and Feig will be blamed for destroying Ghostbusters.

Had GB3 been made and sucked, it would have affected his career negatively, but a cameo is just a cameo.

What career? Dude barely acts anymore and when he does, it's junk. Truth was and still is that Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd tried many times to get the movie going and he killed it every time. This monstrosity is, in part, on him.

What career? Dude barely acts anymore and when he does, it's junk. Truth was and still is that Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd tried many times to get the movie going and he killed it every time. This monstrosity is, in part, on him.

Junk? You mean like GB2? I agree, that was horrible. Personally I wish he never did that movie, then Ghostbusters would be untarnished.

He has actually been more active lately, making crap like Rock the Kasbah and Aloha. I think he found his niche with Wes Anderson, which is definitely not junk.

I'm sure Murray is losing a lot of sleep over a bunch of nerds getting upset because they didn't get more GB movies. Somebody else making a **** movie, just because he refused to take part in GB3 is a stretch, to say the least.

Affected his career? Affected his CAREER? :lol :lol

What? His career making crappy indie movies?
His career of making Freaking GARFIELD one AND two???

That career? When was the last time he made a big movie? Bill Murray was a ******.
All because of his grudge against harold....
He didnt care the script was bad,

What i never understand is why they needed bill to be in gb3, when it was obvious that bill would not do it, they should just do the story without him. Just write him out.
I hate that dan didnt just make it without him

Don't know what grudge your talking about and some of us like his "crappy Indie movies", apparently he prefers them too.

His last big movie?

Ummmm... Jungle Book

Well, he did make a cameo on one of my favorite shows....Angie Tribeca!

But yeah GB is dead to me. Paul Feig has very weird fetishes with being abused. I liked bridesmaides but he had no credentials to direct GB reboot.

Well, he did make a cameo on one of my favorite shows....Angie Tribeca!

But yeah GB is dead to me. Paul Feig has very weird fetishes with being abused. I liked bridesmaides but he had no credentials to direct GB reboot.

I agree, I just don't know why everybody assumes another GB movie with the original cast would necessarily be a good thing. We had one Great GB movie and one very bad GB movie, and now we are getting what looks like the worst GB movie to date. I am of the opinion that the first movie should have been the only GB movie.

Murray hasn't done anything all that funny in 25 years. His last genuinely funny movies were Groundhog Day and What About Bob? ... both in the early 90s. These days, he's relegated to a couple of memorable cameos in Zombieland and Parks & Rec., both of which are funny more because he's there than because of anything he actually does. Murray was a comedy genius in the 90s. But, he's washed up.

I wouldn't've minded a Ghostbusters reboot with modern actors. But, something made for fans of the originals ... not a right-hook to fans of the originals, made to prove some dumbassed point about women in comedy movies. Most telling thing about this remake ... my wife said it looked alright. My wife didn't actually much care for the original Ghostbusters. But, for some reason, she's the target audience for this one. Which is stupid.

I would've lined up to see a Ghostbusters reboot made by the people who made 21 Jump Street. It's not that they rebooted. It's how they rebooted.

SnakeDoc

Yeah, he's got more important things to do like be drunk on golf courses and be in artsy fartsy films that no one sees. He owes his entire career to Ramis, and it took the guy on his death bed for him to reconcile. He's a scumbag.

We got the GB video game, and it's fine as a third film.

What "grudge?" and you call yourself a fan? :lol :lol

So...in your mind, if he did gb3, he couldn't do jungle book? Is this real life?

So doing gb3 would stop him from what exactly?

Well thank god bill didnt do gb3, now the ****** has the opportunity to be in this, one of the most hated reboots of all time

I can be a fan of somebody's work and not concern myself with their personal life.

I don't understand the correlation about JB and GB3. You asked what major film he'd been in recently and I pointed that one out, never said the two movies had anything to do with eachother. Really don't nderstand your thinking on this.

Murray does what he wants, why should he or anybody else be pressured to do something he obviously doesn't want to do, for chrissakes. Nobody said a GB movie must have Murray in it. It's his career, not yours, he has no obligation to you. How would you like being pressured into something you just dont want to do?

Get over it. As far you know, a third GB movie could have been the worst film of all time, which once again would lead you to bitching and moaning about Murray and how he ruined things for you.

Get over it? Is because of this ****** we have this garbage to begin with.

So what. Ghostbusters was a funny 80's movie, not a "saga." GB2 wasn't that good, GB3 probably would have been worse no matter who was involved because that's typically how these things go. They were never going to top the original anyway. This new movie looks dumb and unfunny and can easily be ignored.

So what. Ghostbusters was a funny 80's movie, not a "saga." GB2 wasn't that good, GB3 probably would have been worse no matter who was involved because that's typically how these things go. They were never going to top the original anyway. This new movie looks dumb and unfunny and can easily be ignored.

TRUTH

Lets be honest though if they made a GB3 today you'd all hate it. it would have cgi and things that pander to the new gen. It'd be just as bad as this new movie. GB should of just been 1 movie. Then again im not a huge GB fan so i'm just speaking what I think.

Lets be honest though if they made a GB3 today you'd all hate it. it would have cgi and things that pander to the new gen. It'd be just as bad as this new movie. GB should of just been 1 movie. Then again im not a huge GB fan so i'm just speaking what I think.

GB1 & GB2. ;)

I don't think people would be against this movie as much as they are if it was exactly the same but with a group of guy actors over the females. People would probably be ****ing their pants with excitement if Chris Pratt was in it :lol

I think this movie is going to do better than a lot of people here are expecting. I'm not particularly interested in it, but if it gets good reviews I'll check it out.

I don't think people would be against this movie as much as they are if it was exactly the same but with a group of guy actors over the females. People would probably be ****ing their pants with excitement if Chris Pratt was in it :lol

I think this movie is going to do better than a lot of people here are expecting. I'm not particularly interested in it, but if it gets good reviews I'll check it out.

I think you're probably right about that. And, I don't see a problem with it.

If it was Chris Pratt, or Bradley Cooper, or Nick Offerman, or Kumail Nanjiani, or Ed Helms, or Bill Burr, or Keegan-Michael Key, or Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum (neither of those separately, though), or Keenan Thompson, or Jason Sudekis, or Paul Rudd ... guys would be far more enthusiastic. Because that's what Ghostbusters was. It was a guy's comedy. Probably one of the first 'bro' comedies.

You can't remake Animal House with a bunch of chicks and expect fans of the original to be pleased with the change. Because it's too different. You also can't take Fried Green Tomatoes, or 9 to 5, or Big Business, or Steel Magnolias, or whatever other classic female-targeted comedy, and remake it with a bunch of dudes and expect to retain your original female viewers. Because it not only betrays the core purpose of the original ... but it smacks the original fans across the face by taking something they loved and intentionally rejiggering it for someone else completely.

I have never met a woman that gave much of a damn about Ghostbusters. My wife certainly didn't. So ... why, after all this time, would you make a reboot targeted at her instead of the guys who grew up with this? It is telling that the people who are irritated at this are the longtime fans of the original ... and the people who are enthusiastic about this couldn't give a good goddamn about the original. They've killed off their original audience in favor of a different, more politically fashionable audience. Which rightly pisses off the fans.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I think you're probably right about that. And, I don't see a problem with it.

If it was Chris Pratt, or Bradley Cooper, or Nick Offerman, or Kumail Nanjiani, or Ed Helms, or Bill Burr, or Keegan-Michael Key, or Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum (neither of those separately, though), or Keenan Thompson, or Jason Sudekis, or Paul Rudd ... guys would be far more enthusiastic. Because that's what Ghostbusters was. It was a guy's comedy. Probably one of the first 'bro' comedies.

You can't remake Animal House with a bunch of chicks and expect fans of the original to be pleased with the change. Because it's too different. You also can't take Fried Green Tomatoes, or 9 to 5, or Big Business, or Steel Magnolias, or whatever other classic female-targeted comedy, and remake it with a bunch of dudes and expect to retain your original female viewers. Because it not only betrays the core purpose of the original ... but it smacks the original fans across the face by taking something they loved and intentionally rejiggering it for someone else completely.

I have never met a woman that gave much of a damn about Ghostbusters. My wife certainly didn't. So ... why, after all this time, would you make a reboot targeted at her instead of the guys who grew up with this? It is telling that the people who are irritated at this are the longtime fans of the original ... and the people who are enthusiastic about this couldn't give a good goddamn about the original. They've killed off their original audience in favor of a different, more politically fashionable audience. Which rightly pisses off the fans.

SnakeDoc

Can't wait for Brotherhood of the Travelling Jock Strap!

Putting males in this film wouldn't make it better. This film was made with agenda to express politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back