Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads possible.

Does Dan own the rights or something, can't they just dump him?...

In short, they can't go forward without Dan's blessing as he still owns a controlling share, apparently.

He created the concept of Ghost Smashers. The original idea in 1984 would have seen a NY of the future where Ghostbusters were already common practice all over the city. They wore helmets and killed the ghosts. It would have been John Belushi(Venkman), Dan Aykroyd, Jeff Goldblum(Egon), Eddie Murphy(Winston) and John Candy(Louis). When Belushi died, Harold looked at the script and rewrote it for Dan making Ghostbusters what they are today.

As I said, he rewrites every single script adding cameos for the original guys even when they don't fit and rewriting all the technical dialogue to make it "authentic".

Seems like needless pandering. I don't go to movies for an affirmative action case study. Don't try to sell me demographics. Make a good, faithful reboot, and I'm in. Make something where the sex of the characters is the point ... and I'm out.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

netflix, red box, cable

Boobbusters.

Those proton wands... are peculiar :lol

:lol:lol:lol

I guess you haven't seen their latest attempt at a film, Hell Baby. Thomas Lennon wrote it and they teamed with the Children's Hospital cast and oh man, it is painfully horrible. One of the worst comedies in years quite honestly. They had to convince Riki Lindholme to get nude just to have something that would get the movie attention.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2318527/

Because Dan Aykroyd. Also some new things are established from The Video Game which is cannon.

The Ghostbusters are an official city agency like Police now. Same goes in the comics. They are part of P-COC (Paranormal Comissions Oversight Comittee) run by Walter Peck.

The best chance this movie ever had was the Lego Movie/Jump Street directors. They're fresh off success with a comedy reboot people thought was dead, they've worked with the best comedians in the industry today.

a Ghostbuster Lego movie, now that might be interesting

Horrible idea- like rebooting Charlie's Angels with an all male cast!

........they should do that. **** it.

c18.gif

Another good idea - they should make them all ghey.

Making one that's futuristic would probably be the way to go. They could do about anything with it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back