Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ghostbusters reboot with all-female leads possible.

I thought Bridesmaids was hilarious, and I loved The Heat, so, Feig + all female casts isn't really an issue, for me. That said, I don't think Ghostbusters is the right fit. In fact, I think Sony should just call it a day and leave it the **** alone. Ramis is dead, Murray's made it crystal clear that he's not interested, and I doubt that Hudson and Aykroyd can carry a sequel on their own, nor would they want to, if I had to guess; no reboot will ever measure up to the original, whether those wearing the Proton Packs have X or Y chromosomes. Original supernatural comedy with Feig and his girls? Hell yes. Ghostbusters reboot with Feig and his girls? **** no.

The first one is a classic, no need for a reboot.

Besides, I get the distinct feeling Melissa McCarthy would somehow end up in one of the roles, and I don't think anybody wants that.

I love her, though I don't think so for this. Actually they'd probably use Cameron Diaz :monkey4

Names Dan has repeatedly thrown out for years and years now are Anna Farris, Alyssa Milano, and Eliza Dushku.

It's abundantly clear he needs to stop being involved.

Names Dan has repeatedly thrown out for years and years now are Anna Farris, Alyssa Milano, and Eliza Dushku.

It's abundantly clear he needs to stop being involved.

I'd rather see Melissa McCarthy! :lol

I would rather see Cameron Diaz than the ones I posted.....

These 3 would also be preferable than Melissa McCarthy, I wouldn't mind the movie with these ladies.

That's because you're looking for a sexy ghostbusters movie rather than a funny one.

all she does is be extra loud and curse all the time.

that shtick got old after the first 20 minutes I saw it. every time i see her she is either screaming at someone or cursing at someone...

Well, like I said, I'm not sure about her either but she's done more than that. She has her own sitcom for one thing and it's nothing like her Tammy role.

I love the idea if it was done with ACTUAL good actresses, I would love to see 4 funny chicks kicking some ghost butt.

But the cast would probably end up being something nightmarish like this:

jnZMIqaQvUggs.png

and in that case They might as well get Adam Sandler to write it and direct it.

That cast + Adam Sandler = :drool:drool:drool

I don't see how the cast being all female is any more offensive than having four new male actors playing the old roles. That being said, this falls into the category of totally unnecessary remake. Just go watch the old Ghostbusters. It totally holds up.

This sounds like a bad idea. Do it with maybe one or even two females as ghostbusters, but not the whole team.

The IDW comics got the balance right. Introduce a rival team lead by Chevy Chase. They get shut down. When the GB disappear on a bust they become the new GB until they resurface. Then they become an official b-team with quite a few women on board including Kylie Griffin.

I love the idea if it was done with ACTUAL good actresses, I would love to see 4 funny chicks kicking some ghost butt.

But the cast would probably end up being something nightmarish like this:

jnZMIqaQvUggs.png

and in that case They might as well get Adam Sandler to write it and direct it. The problem won't be that it is a reboot or that it is an all girl cast.
the movie will probably fail because of the people they get to work on this

Even going with the Filmation route, there's only one Tracy the Gorilla.

Get these guys to do it. :lol

Reno-911-1.jpg

If they go with men I'm sure Channing Tatum will be in it. :monkey4

Reboot sure. That's part of the H'wood strategy these days. GB is too valuable a franchise for the studio to just let sit there and not try to milk. But as with everything it will need a great cast, a talented director, a brilliant script, and the budget to make it all work. I don't see how making it four female ghostbusters suddenly gets everyone to say "wow, that's brilliant and exactly what the franchise needed". Plus I cannot think of four comic female actresses that could pull it off like the original guys. For that matter I can't think of four male comic actors. That's why the casting and story is going to be so important. So until someone gives a synopsis where the idea sounds great, I'll figure this is nothing more than stunt casting or just someone floating the idea to test the waters.

Yeah I agree with Nexus. They are just testing the waters and stirring up intreset (or unintrest).
"An all female cast... what do you guys think... anyone..? anyone...? ok scrap it"
Besides, didn't they more or less say Oscar is gonna be a Ghostbuster in the movie? Unless Dana is also scrapped altogether since Venkman won't be back.

Its all about balance. An all female group of Ghostbusters is the stupidest idea.

Might as well make Slimer a robot suit, and make him a Ghostbuster as well. That would at least be an entertaning sort of rediculous.

Alright, lets talk about the best possible scenario:

All the Ghostbusters have died, leaving grieving widows, children, grandchildren. The women start to remarry one by one and with each marriage, their respective dead spouses return to haunt them and humiliate their new husbands. At one point the women band together to get the original ghostbusters out of their lives. In the end they can't get rid of them, but they come to a friendly arrangement where they help their kids and grandkids carry on the family business. Egon can haunt the electronic equipment so as to make it easier for a stand in.

It'll still suck and no one will see it.

Get these guys to do it. :lol

Reno-911-1.jpg

I guess you haven't seen their latest attempt at a film, Hell Baby. Thomas Lennon wrote it and they teamed with the Children's Hospital cast and oh man, it is painfully horrible. One of the worst comedies in years quite honestly. They had to convince Riki Lindholme to get nude just to have something that would get the movie attention.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2318527/

they should make it different enough so that no one compares it to the original

instead of New york make it in california. Instead of the old white car give them a van.

instead of 4 guys make it 6 people.

make the ghost busting business a franchise in different states. Make it government regulated.

everyone is hating on it because of how it wont compare to the original but i dont get why they just make a brand new story in a brand new city

Because Dan Aykroyd. Also some new things are established from The Video Game which is cannon.

The Ghostbusters are an official city agency like Police now. Same goes in the comics. They are part of P-COC (Paranormal Comissions Oversight Comittee) run by Walter Peck.

The best chance this movie ever had was the Lego Movie/Jump Street directors. They're fresh off success with a comedy reboot people thought was dead, they've worked with the best comedians in the industry today.

The answer to all of those questions is always Dan Aykroyd.

Why no fresh reboot? Dan Aykroyd

Why original buster involvement? Dan Aykroyd

Why not written by young comedians who are allowed to improv as they go? Dan Aykroyd

Why have so many talented directors like the Lords walked? Dan Aykroyd

Everyone out of the know blames Bill Murray but I assure you it's been about Dan the past decade and more. This is the man who made Blues Brothers 2000. He rewrites every single script. (dozens)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back