Ghostbusters 1/4 Peter Venkman HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks cool. Great detail. I may just pick this up depending on how the final product comes out. Nice to see low ES on the EX.

I'm really tempted. Anyone here have experience with this company? How do their production statues look?

Well until this one was done their character statue portrayals of actors were poor; they looked like the stunt doubles of the real actors. Go look at their website and check out their statues of Selena (Underworld) and others. If it's not a real actor portrayal the statue is good but not great. They don't do mixed media which is a shame as this Ghostbuster statue would have been better with real clothing(my opinion) but they don't do it. Now on monsters they do a great job, for example the Lycan statue- that one is great because it is not a real person (not up to the standards of Sideshow or Elite Creatures Collectibles) but for the price it is good. I have some of their products mainly replicas Batman Cowl, Terminator arm, Terminator 1/2 scale bust, etc. and I'm happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really tempted. Anyone here have experience with this company? How do their production statues look?

Well until this one was done their character statue portrayals of actors were poor; they looked like the stunt doubles of the real actors. Go look at their website and check out their statues of Selena (Underworld) and others. If it's not a real actor portrayal the statue is good but not great. They don't do mixed media which is a shame as this Ghostbuster statue would have been better with real clothing(my opinion) but they don't do it. Now on monsters they do a great job, for example the Lycan statue- that one is great because it is not a real person (not up to the standards of Sideshow or Elite Creatures Collectibles) but for the price it is good. I have some of their products mainly replicas Batman Cowl, Terminator arm, Terminator 1/2 scale bust, etc. and I'm happy with them.

Thanks Max. I did see from their prototypes that some of their likenesses were off, but I'm mostly concerned with paint apps. Are they usually pretty good getting decent skin tones, realistic looking weathering, etc.?

I saw this, and was not impressed, but maybe it's an older piece?

Not that SSC is much better with some of their stuff.

Thanks Max. I did see from their prototypes that some of their likenesses were off, but I'm mostly concerned with paint apps. Are they usually pretty good getting decent skin tones, realistic looking weathering, etc.?

Their okay. The Lycan for example, could have had a better paint job, it's not Neca sloppy but not Sideshow or EEC quality; it's in between. I do find their paint application to be somewhat flat when it should have been more detailed and realistic. I do not have any of their character statues as I don't like like their likeness to the real actors and because they don't do mix media, but their replicas I think they do a good job on. One thing I have notice that on my 1/2 scale terminator the chrome started to peel in some places about a year of owning it. Not sure why because my collectibles are well taken care of and in glass cases.

I saw this, and was not impressed, but maybe it's an older piece?

Not that SSC is much better with some of their stuff.

Yeah SSC is hit or miss but in my opinion more hit than miss, but HCG all of their character statues look like that Rocky one except for this Ghostbuster one they really did a good job with him! Just wish it was mixed media for my taste.

I did a review on my Batman cowl from HCG and I show the paint job on it and I do express my slight disappointment with it. Every replica I have from this company has had some minor issues, while I was ultimately happy with the product they could have had better quality control on the paint/and or better craftsmanship on the product. Here is my video if you want to check it out!

Hollywood Collector's Gallery 1989 Batman Cowl - YouTube

I did a review on my Batman cowl from HCG and I show the paint job on it and I do express my slight disappointment with it. Every replica I have from this company has had some minor issues, while I was ultimately happy with the product they could have had better quality control on the paint/and or better craftsmanship on the product. Here is my video if you want to check it out!

Hollywood Collector's Gallery 1989 Batman Cowl - YouTube

Here is the Lycan one from them- it's good but not EEC good as shown below:

21a7009f62e7eb7ee8da9c5b94814b09.jpg

Lycan 1:3 Maquette [18120] : Cinemaquette!, Bringing the Magic of the Movies Home

Of course I'm comparing a 400.00 statue to a 2k+ statue but painting on the HCG could be more detailed in my opinion.

My Jeepers Creepers Is great, love it. There is more detail, though my phone did not pick it up as well

Last edited:
My Jeepers Creepers Is great, love it. There is more detail, though my phone did not pick it up as well

That looks great! As mentioned previously, on monsters creatures they do a good to great job. Nice piece!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HCG are very hit and miss, but they do get things right on occasion, one of my very favorite pieces I own is from them...

1YZFtCM.jpg

That looks great! As mentioned previously, on monsters creatures they do a good to great job. Nice piece!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just watched your video, nice cowl. It seems like whoever painted It, did the front first, then maybe the back another day when the temperature was cooler or hotter, so it has dried differently and not blended so well. I've never had that effect whenever I've used my Air brush.

Back