Ghostbusters 1/4 Peter Venkman HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Respect to HCG for admitting a problem and fixing it. :clap
Just hope HCG confirms Trev is onboard for the rest of the team and all of them have decent paint apps.
Silent surfer is paiting the proto Bill Murray head so little chance of the mass produced version matching it.

Damn. Gorgeous. If this has decent paint apps, it's a buy. Honestly, I wish they wouldn't even get Surfer to do the proto. There's just no chance a production piece will match it, so I don't want to get my hopes up seeing such a thing. But I'm sure it will move more statues.

Great sculpture by Trev. I thought the original was passable, but compared to the new one that old melon looks ridiculous. I feel bad for the original artist. May God have mercy on his soul.

Great sculpture by Trev. I thought the original was passable, but compared to the new one that old melon looks ridiculous. I feel bad for the original artist. May God have mercy on his soul.

Lol!

I too thought the old one was passable, especially for HCG. This new one though, that is a real step up for them.

From Trevor's Facebook page:

Trevor Grove Sculpture

"We all need a little Bill Murray in our lives..... This was something I got to sculpt because some
"Ghostbusters" fans were kind enough to request me for the headsculpt.

Thanks "Ghostbusters" fans!"

It is infuriating that:

A) Hot Toys doesn't have the Ghostbusters license;

and

B) Hot Toys doesn't hire on Trevor Grove to do every single one of their sculpts.

If only that would happen. . .

If they tweak the pose a little(not a fan of the feet positioning) and get the paint job done by the same factory in China that paint XM and Iron Studios stuff then Bill will be a home run.
Now the question is will Trev sculpt the rest of the Ghostbusters? It doesnt help that Bill Murray looks great but the rest of the team look like stunt doubles. It will instill confidence in me to buy if they confirm Trev is onboard for the rest.

If they tweak the pose a little(not a fan of the feet positioning) and get the paint job done by the same factory in China that paint XM and Iron Studios stuff then Bill will be a home run.
Now the question is will Trev sculpt the rest of the Ghostbusters? It doesnt help that Bill Murray looks great but the rest of the team look like stunt doubles. It will instill confidence in me to buy if they confirm Trev is onboard for the rest.

They should just have him do all their figures from now on because all of their statue figures look like the stunt doubles of the character they are suppose to be. HCG does not do well with actor likeness on their stuff, my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus

Trevor is the man...really wanted to like this piece when shown at sdcc and now after seeing the revised portrait I'm definitely on board.

While I like the look of the new sculpt, I wish they would have pics of the actual statue and not renders of it.

Looks so much better now!

Venkman_Final_15.jpg

Venkman_Final_26.jpg
Venkman_Final_24.jpg

Venkman_Final_20.jpg
Venkman_Final_19.jpg

Venkman_Final_21.jpg
Venkman_Final_22.jpg

Back