Ghostbusters 1/4 Peter Venkman HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who ya gonna call????

paintvenkman011.jpg

Wow, they really missed the mark on the head... rest looks great and you know if Nathan painted it he squeezed every bit out of the likeness possible.

As others have said the Snyderman is still the best one out there... just a great likeness and I really like the v2:

bfa85656-a6db-44ca-a57c-b2e5078d925c_zpsbf6d9f2c.jpg

I saw it at ComicCon and like most of HCGs character sculpts it's okay. On celebrity likeness they are usually miss than hit, I'm afraid, they just can't get the likeness well. And on this one while its one of their better sculpts its just okay. Should have taken pictures of it but that shows that I personally was not impressed with it when stacked up to all other offerings at Comic Con. And no it is not mixed media, everything on him is sculpted but that part of it looks great. My opinion on this company is they are great with creatures like their Underworld Lycan but when it comes to human characters,especially actors likeness, they fall short.

Happy Collecting

Max Power

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus

Likeness problems aside, who would want a statue of Bill Murray in their home? :wink1: (It's kind of a funny choice in some respects...) Now if it were Sigourney Weaver, I'd understand... :lol

You have actually seen ghostbusters haven't you?

And no it is not mixed media, everything on him is sculpted but that part of it looks great. My opinion on this company is they are great with creatures like their Underworld Lycan but when it comes to human characters,especially actors likeness, they fall short.

That just goes to show how good the rest of it is, aside from the bad head. I thought it was fabric.

WOW!! READ THIS!!!GOOD NEWS!!!

Greetings fellow Ghostbuster fans!

We recently debuted our 1:4 Scale Peter Venkman statue at SDCC. This was only our initial unveiling and it was only our prototype, so we were happy to receive the comments and feedback from fellow collectors. Now we have a BIG announcement: We currently have the Maestro, Trevor Grove re-sculpting the head for us. If you know Trevor's work, you know he is one of the best portrait sculptors around.Now we need your help!

We want to revisit the look of the statue base, and we are hoping to enlist the help of all the major Ghostbuster sites and fan pages to help us out. Our main goal is to let people know that we will work with them to get this done and we only want to see them happy.

Please share this with your fans and friends and please visit our Facebook page and we will be announcing a poll to gather your feedback about the base.

We look forward to hearing from all of you soon!

18.jpg

WOW!! READ THIS!!!GOOD NEWS!!!

Greetings fellow Ghostbuster fans!

We recently debuted our 1:4 Scale Peter Venkman statue at SDCC. This was only our initial unveiling and it was only our prototype, so we were happy to receive the comments and feedback from fellow collectors. Now we have a BIG announcement: We currently have the Maestro, Trevor Grove re-sculpting the head for us. If you know Trevor's work, you know he is one of the best portrait sculptors around.

Now we need your help!

We want to revisit the look of the statue base, and we are hoping to enlist the help of all the major Ghostbuster sites and fan pages to help us out. Our main goal is to let people know that we will work with them to get this done and we only want to see them happy.

Please share this with your fans and friends and please visit our Facebook page and we will be announcing a poll to gather your feedback about the base.

We look forward to hearing from all of you soon!

View attachment 196975

Really good news! Still wish it was mix media though but a redo of the sculpt is definitely a must from what I saw. Thanks for the update adegregorio.!

Max Power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That does sound awesome, I kinda liked the base tbh. More than I thought. The next thing to worry about is the production paints. The Heavy Metal cop girl statue came out pretty damn amazing. However the cleric (which I was looking forward to) was horribly done and I'm really glad I didn't PO it. But it seems like they want to get this one right, which sounds great.

commission Trevor Grove to sculpt a new head and you got a killer Venkman statue

what can I say, I know what's good

But seriously, this is HUGE news. Trevor is the king, the very best portrait sculptor in my opinion. The master of likeness.

images

HCG is making a no brainer look difficult. Just do the guys in these poses. It perfectly sums each one up and makes for a perfect display together. Simple...

Holy shoot...Trevor grove is god among the actor face sculpts...gotta commend and respect HCG for listening to fans... This could become a Ghostbusters grail...the rest of the sculpt is top notch..... Man I did not ever expect this phenomenal news

Good news about the sculpt and congratulations to Trevor for getting the commission.
I think they should revisit the pose, doesnt look natural and maybe the four bases should fit together as most will now try and collect the set.
I also think because of the nature of the suit plus proton pack they should make it mixed media.

Back