Ghostbusters 1/4 Peter Venkman HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure. The exclusives for all three so far are a must! The only thing holding me back on these two is the fully sculpted clothing. Not that it looks bad at all. And I do have Slimer on order but after seeing Ray here I can't stop thinking how awesome the ex Ray would look paired up with that Slimer and the table.

I have the Venkman statue and think it looks good in person. I got my EX off eBay for $300 so keep an eye there if you want one. I PO'd Ray and will get Slimer at some point.

Would like an environmental base, this one has the ghost looking up at his junk like.....
2017-03-23 10.33.53.jpg

I didn't say bigger, just environmental like street or floor.
It's going to detract once you line all 4 up and there are 4 bright logos all looking up at their butt cracks.
They can do concrete or wood floor the same size as these bright logos so the focus is kept on the subject and not drawn away by a big logo...or 4

I'm I alone thinking that neither head sculpt is worthy of a $400 museum quality statue of Dan Akroyd as Ray Stanz? The sculpts are good, but they both seem off to me, especially the exclusive terrified face. I usually stick to 1/6 scale Hot Toys, whose sculpts are amazing! I really want to like this statue since Ray is my favorite character, but, while the sculpt may be good, it's not close enough for me to jump into the 1/4 scale statue market. The 1/4 scale slimer looks great! I was really hoping they nailed this one. Anyone else feel this way? Maybe a little further down the road there will be a mixed media 1/4 scale statue that will better approximate Dan Akroyd.

I don't see a real problem with likeness.. only problem is the left bottom part on his goggles. It's the wrong color.

20170325_120754.jpg

Hope to see Spengler very soon, exclusive part is the PKE meter for sure.
As for Winston.... maybe a swith out hand with Walkie Talkie? Maybe a special base to put all 4 on?
HCG also said that there will be more characters added to this line... I hope Gozer... exclusive head with angry open mouth? Maybe some electric swirls?

Did Ray not even get his own thread? Anyone know if He will be shipping soon? HCG just took my last payment but I don't know if it was a mistake or not. They've done that to me once before.

Seems like my collection is off to a good start in 2018... hopefully I'll be adding 10 new pieces by the end of February.

Did Ray not even get his own thread? Anyone know if He will be shipping soon? HCG just took my last payment but I don't know if it was a mistake or not. They've done that to me once before.

Seems like my collection is off to a good start in 2018... hopefully I'll be adding 10 new pieces by the end of February.

Must be shipping soon. I didn’t do payments and they just charged me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask all the HCG Ghostbuster collectors here, did you also buy the Blitzway 1/6 range, or are you just staying with the 1/4 range? Just curious to know?

Can I ask all the HCG Ghostbuster collectors here, did you also buy the Blitzway 1/6 range, or are you just staying with the 1/4 range? Just curious to know?

I was tempted by the Blitzway figures but I don’t have the space. I’m sticking to these statues and will probably stop at Peter and Ray. I’m definitely curious about the others though and still might purchase them. In my opinion these statues are very underrated. Someone mentioned earlier that the actor likenesses weren’t good enough but I think they look amazing. Obviously the original Venkman, before the Trevor Grove sculpt, was awful but these are great, in my opinion. I also don’t mind the simple base. Not to mention that these feel like a real value compared to other statues out there which, as you know, can be nearly twice as expensive! I also prefer fully sculpted. To each their own, I guess!

Anyone received or at least gotten a shipping notice on Ray?

I got my notice as well. Thursday arrival to PA. Good to hear about the rest of the crew. I wonder when/who the next reveal will be.

MovieManiac, it would be cool to do a comparison with Venkman.
Curious if the tweaked the head because Peter has a bigger head than Ray.

Back