GG SDCC Exclusives preorder Info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
popup_2.jpg
popup_1.jpg

:rolleyes:

is it possible that Gentle Giant made a mistake about their edition sizes??

According to the e-mail they sent me:

Shocktrooper - 1500
Malfoy - 200
Vader Bust-up - 2000

but at the GG site:

Shocktrooper - 3500
Malfoy - 500
Vader bust-up - TBD

Are they saving alot for the convention?? Anyone know??

that's why i asked earlier what it was Dave was wanting, because if it was the Shocktrooper, i was gonna let him have the one Wetanut was gonna get for me (and thanks again Wetanut!! that right there is what reaffirmed my faith in humanity!). still will if he wants it. i hope Dave can get the Malfoy.

Mookey -- so glad you said that. I was really feeling badly that I offered to you without thinking of Dave first -- no offense but I think you know what I mean. Your generosity is also worth noting. :grouphug

student_toe5 said:

Shocktrooper - 1500
Malfoy - 200
Vader Bust-up - 2000

but at the GG site:

Shocktrooper - 3500
Malfoy - 500
Vader bust-up - TBD

Yes, part of the edition sizes will be sold at the show, and some are being saved for non-attendees after the show.

student_toe5 said:

Shocktrooper - 1500
Malfoy - 200
Vader Bust-up - 2000

but at the GG site:

Shocktrooper - 3500
Malfoy - 500
Vader bust-up - TBD

Student, the lower numbers are the amount of pieces they were selling through today's preorder. The larger numbers are the total edition size, including the pieces sold today, the pieces sold during the convention, and the pieces held back for sale afterwards to non-attendees.

lcummins said:
Yes, part of the edition sizes will be sold at the show, and some are being saved for non-attendees after the show.

so...there's still a slim chance then?? :rolleyes: I will have to fight my way in. What a battle it will be.

I was able to get this real quick when someone called me. Ran home from work to a PC and placed an order. Missed out on the HP bust but got the Shock and Vader Bust Up.

The Shocktrooper will be my first trooper bust and I hope SS will do a PF Shocktrooper soon. :monkey3

Originally Posted by tomandshell
A lot of people got one today because of the board-based cooperation, and there would BE no board without Dave!!! I was going to try to get my friend to pick one up for Darth Loki, but since he is now taken care of, I will try to get one for Dave.

Exactly. Dave I just see as priority but hey as long as someone got one that needed it. Dave is the boss and I'll see what I can do myself.

I tried calling him on his cell. He left his number on the party invite but got no answer. :dunno

Zoomaround said:
Sorry kids! I had a two hour lunch meeting so I haven't had time to respond to my PM's. I was able to order (and I received confirmation) for the Malfoy bust. Since Lonnie was nice enough to PM the link to me first, he gets his choice for the recipient....who is Darth Loki.

Thanks also to Dannie DarKo for sharing the link and I'm sorry I can't accommodate Dave. Hopefully, he still allows me to attend the Freaks party.

I'm glad to see boardmembers help one another. Thanks for sharing the link...

Darth Loki, I'll PM you soon. Oh, and by the way, you owe Lonnie big time!
:D

I owe you both! Thank you so much. It was so frustrating being the first to receive the email from GG and not being able to do anything about it. I can't wait to tell my girlfriend. Wow first my X-Wing(which I was told shipped today), and now the Lucius bust. What a good collecting week. Kit comes Thursday, Hulk vs Spidey should ship this week

:chew :chew :chew

I have a Lucius bust pre-ordered through some site, I can't even remember right now. But I got the last one he had up for pre-order so my chances are pretty slim of getting that one as well. If I do, it's all Dave's. Unfortunately I probably won't know until after the con so hopefully someone is able to get him one.

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH. I had a terrible day at work and you've made me forget all about it.

Great collection. I'm so glad to help a TRUE HP collector. As I said before, you're one step closer to obtaining the bust since my credit card already has a temporary transaction posted.

Congrats to those who were able to get their orders in.:chew

I'm going to need that Shocktrooper to go with his brothers. I hope I can pick one up after SDCC. I didn't realize there would be 3500 total.

Yes, there are actually 1000 more Shock Troopers than there are of the Utapau Clones. But they weren't event exclusives, which means that while there will be more available, you are going to have to get them off the secondary market and will pay more. I got my Utapau Clone for less than retail and I'm glad that I did!

Darth Loki said:
The brown. It's the non-exclusive. I actually like it better than the SDCC version.

I also passed on the sepia toned exclusive. I prefer the regular-colored one as it matches the rest of the gang. I am glad that the exclusive this year is a completely new character and not a repaint.

(I am kind of surprised that they made Malfoy the exclusive and the generic Death Eater a normal release. Seems like they would have done it the other way around...)

tomandshell said:
I also passed on the sepia toned exclusive. I prefer the regular-colored one as it matches the rest of the gang. I am glad that the exclusive this year is a completely new character and not a repaint.

(I am kind of surprised that they made Malfoy the exclusive and the generic Death Eater a normal release. Seems like they would have done it the other way around...)

That's what makes this exclusive a MUST have! It's not a varient, it's another character and a pretty important one in the scheme of things (please no spoilers, I haven't read the books).

Back