GG Obi-Wan Clone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I've studied and studied and studied these pics, especially the profile ones...and I still maintain that it's just the paint that's different. Now I'll grant... its VERY different... but i'm putting money down on this that it's just the paint, lol

(not that any of you will every get paid out to if I'm wrong) :lol

But on a different note... how big are these things? whats the scale on the figures? Could a Sideshow head fit on these (i dont mean connections... just the scale) or are they smaller/bigger

I usually try to stay positive and optimistic but this is a joke. Distribution of exclusives is one thing, what works for someone will not work for another, but a QC issue like this affects everyone. A lot of us paid 50 dollars to be a PG member; well why the heck has this not been addressed by GG. A simple email saying we are looking into this problem would make everyone feel better. But we get nothing which probably means, as other have kind of said; GG has their money and must not care.

GG has been put on this type of pedestal in which it is becoming more and more obvious that no matter what they do, they are going to do it their way and they think they can do no wrong. Look at this board when there is a member even a new member; if they come on here and start complaining about SS, well first they usually get a lashing, but more importantly Dusty or one of the other SS staff almost always posts asking them to contact them through pm's and they try to work things out. Anyone here ever call Attakus? Diego is one of the nicest people I have ever talked to on the phone and some of the best customer service a person can get. However, what do we get with GG; absolutely nothing. I guess I could go on longer but like I said I usually stay positive. I was looking more forward to this piece then anything else and this is a just a huge disappointment.

I agree that GG desperately needs an online fan relations person. Amanda from GG is very nice. As are many of their other staff members. But I think they need someone dedicated to the fans/boards/blog etc full time.

I've posted this exact thought on their blog about uhm... 1 zillion times now!

Gran3131 said:
I usually try to stay positive and optimistic but this is a joke. Distribution of exclusives is one thing, what works for someone will not work for another, but a QC issue like this affects everyone. A lot of us paid 50 dollars to be a PG member; well why the heck has this not been addressed by GG. A simple email saying we are looking into this problem would make everyone feel better. But we get nothing which probably means, as other have kind of said; GG has their money and must not care.

GG has been put on this type of pedestal in which it is becoming more and more obvious that no matter what they do, they are going to do it their way and they think they can do no wrong. Look at this board when there is a member even a new member; if they come on here and start complaining about SS, well first they usually get a lashing, but more importantly Dusty or one of the other SS staff almost always posts asking them to contact them through pm's and they try to work things out. Anyone here ever call Attakus? Diego is one of the nicest people I have ever talked to on the phone and some of the best customer service a person can get. However, what do we get with GG; absolutely nothing. I guess I could go on longer but like I said I usually stay positive. I was looking more forward to this piece then anything else and this is a just a huge disappointment.

I concur. Amy from MR, Diego from Attakus, Dusty or Amy...that's good service. GG on the other hand seems very distant when it comes to one on one interaction. The funny thing is that with so many people addicted to their busts it really doesn't matter to them. The demand for these "half-statues" as I like to call them borders on Pokemon at times and they know it. Why else do commander exclusives when they know most people want those? because they FEED on the hype.

I invite everyone to be more hesitant on preorders for GG from now on. I know it won't happen because, if a statue looks good, people will forget this whole episode. :rolleyes:

Good Lord!! I can't believe it came out so bad!! That thing was beautiful, I nearly ordered it on that strength alone.

Well, if anyone gets stuck with it... I'd gladly paint it at a highly discounted rate just to see if it was salvageable in any way. But looking at the stretched out face, I very much doubt it.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I concur. Amy from MR, Diego from Attakus, Dusty or Amy...that's good service. GG on the other hand seems very distant when it comes to one on one interaction. The funny thing is that with so many people addicted to their busts it really doesn't matter to them. The demand for these "half-statues" as I like to call them borders on Pokemon at times and they know it. Why else do commander exclusives when they know most people want those? because they FEED on the hype.

I invite everyone to be more hesitant on preorders for GG from now on. I know it won't happen because, if a statue looks good, people will forget this whole episode. :rolleyes:

With the diorama line coming out and I am hoping there will be some sweet statues in the next attakus sereis the need to buy these half statues may no longer exist.

Captain Aldeggon said:
OK, I just need to make the correlation between all those titles and stuff. Can I just publicly thank him then? I had to cancel my order for Kit after not having enough money when the time came to get him, and deeply saddened (I love Kit Fisto), I figured I would wait and find a deal. Well, I finally ran into that site after a google search and COULD NOT BELIEVE the price--$45?!?!? I thought it was a joke. I bought it almost expecting a post card with Kit's name on it, but no, he came in super-secure packaging, in MINT--and I'm talking MINT condition, and within 2 DAYS!!!

You have sealed me to your company Bob. Thank you!

I had a similar situation. When I found out that SSC was shipping the Jabba stuff separately ... my total for the set of 3 jumped up to 417 shipped. I just couldn't afford it at the time without giving up some other prized items. Then , when I started thinking about the throne ... 245 shipped on its own ... well, I just canceled the whole setup. That was in Jan. The next day I decided to order just Jabba and Sal so I could at least have them. I contacted Bob here and he offered me Jabba and Sal shipped for 120 bucks. That was a really good deal. I was happy. Now, flash forward to Monday. Bob e-mails me to let me know Jabba is in the house. Then he mentions he has an extra throne if I am interested. I figured it was going to be similar to Sideshow's price ... but I just had to ask ... how much for the whole setup? Well, long story short, I have Jabba, Sal, and throne on the way for 285 shipped! I pretty much got the Jabba and Sal for 40 bucks when you consider SSC was going to charge 245 for the throne alone. And this is the second time the Godfather has helped me out. He searched through his warehouse back in Oct and found me a Hot Toys Hicks ... then sold it to me shipped for 85 bucks. This was back when Hicks was going for 110+ on Ebay before shipping.

Bob is definitely the man. He has a customer for life ... or at least the life of my credit :monkey3

but dont take Bob's kindness for weakness. He is after all the Godfather! And he has his boys that will make you sleep with the fishes.

PS: Tom you need to speed up that animation on Fett and have some rock music automatically playing

Wow this really looks bad. :yuck

This was going to be my first non-animated GG piece but I had to cancel mine a few months ago. Now I'm really glad I canceled.

This is just another nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned when it comes to GG.

GG just posted production pics of the Slave Leia statue. Terrible changes.

page-5076.jpg

Princess_Leia_Jabba_Slave.jpg

Khev said:
GG just posted production pics of the Slave Leia statue. Terrible changes.

page-5076.jpg

Princess_Leia_Jabba_Slave.jpg

Not funny Khev! I preordered this statue. Oh man, if she comes out looking like **** I am not throwing away my money on it. Although if I don't, I'll have a bad relationship with my store owner and he's a nice guy. Ugh! Gentle Giant better not screw her up as well or else I'll... whine more than I usually do. If that's at all possible.:eek:

Back