GG Obi-Wan Clone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, as a hardcore GG fan I am as disappointed as all of you in this piece. It just shocks me how bad it is. It's bad enough that 100% of people here and on GentleGiantCollectors.com agree it's THAT bad. I now call it "Melted face Obi-Wan". And like many of you, I was really looking forward to this piece.

I do feel for The Godfather and all other e-tailers on this one. Unfortunately, they will be left holding the bag. Mass cancellations are ocurring right now. The sheep are jumping off the cliff!

The other thing that is amazing is that one picture (from Echobase over at GGC.com) can have so much power. I am 99.9% sure the pix are real and this is no hoax or knockoff. Echo is a respected member of our "community".. but where are some other pix from overseas?

It ALMOST looks like it could pass for an animated version of Obi Wan, or someone else! I'm also of the same opinion of Swabie ,are there any other pics out there? I don't deny the veracity of these , but I would love to see pictures in different light, angles etc. Our forum members from overseas must have some.

Shoosh! Really puts into perspective just how close SS actually comes to their prototypes with their production pieces. Paint apps are one thing, a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT and MUCH CRAPPIER sculpt on production after a KILLER prototype sculpt/paint application is just plain inexcusable IMO.

And I thought getting an Animated DATH Vader was just funny enough to have smartened GG up in their QA dept. :rolleyes:

Obi-Wan's melted face bares more resemblance to their upcoming Jabba statue...hehe, maybe they switched heads!!! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I couldn't afford both GG and Sideshow, so I jumped off the GG train back at the Rancor Pre-order, and boy am I glad that I did. I am not sure what happened here, unless they swapped in a crappy sculpt of Christian Bale or something. I know Sideshow has had a couple of pieces that aren't four star figures, but nothing this bad

Batty said:
That is really bad! What happened? :horror

Wait! There's nothing wrong with it! You guys just didn't read the really fine print where it said that the final piece would be a perfect likeness of Ewan McGreggor's stunt double. :rotfl

Sorry, just thought I'd try to break up all the bad feelings.

I usually don’t pre order and I’m glad I didn’t in this case. If this sculpt proves to be true, I will really be disappointed with GG. I can’t remember if I read it on here or on another board, but it really does look like Obi met up with the Necronomican from Army of Darkness.

Crash1207 said:
Wait! There's nothing wrong with it! You guys just didn't read the really fine print where it said that the final piece would be a perfect likeness of Ewan McGreggor's stunt double. :rotfl

Sorry, just thought I'd try to break up all the bad feelings.

:rotfl :rotfl

You guys don't know the worst of it.....it has ....
MONKEY ARMS!

Just a random question, but Bob do you run firesidecollectibles? Because they sold me a Kit Fisto for $45 and it only amounted to 50 bucks shipped!!! I was shocked at how utterly wonderful the price was, and at how fast it got to me (two days later). I don't know if that's you, and if not forgive me, but that was the best deal I've had in a long time.

If this statue affects a company like that, then Gentle Giant needs to make some massive changes quick. What a disaster!

It's funny that the Bust-Up is starting to look better like Ewan, given this farce.

What an evil trend! I wonder why they can't get that face right. For all the hype GG gets, I've never been too impressed with a lot of their stuff. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Captain Aldeggon said:
Just a random question, but Bob do you run firesidecollectibles? Because they sold me a Kit Fisto for $45 and it only amounted to 50 bucks shipped!!! I was shocked at how utterly wonderful the price was, and at how fast it got to me (two days later). I don't know if that's you, and if not forgive me, but that was the best deal I've had in a long time.

If this statue affects a company like that, then Gentle Giant needs to make some massive changes quick. What a disaster!

Yes that is he. He's commonly referred to as the Godfather. He's the F'n man and anyone who dares say otherwise needs to find another board.

Darth Loki said:
Yes that is he. He's commonly referred to as the Godfather. He's the F'n man and anyone who dares say otherwise needs to find another board.

Agreed Bob is the best. Sadly, I asked to cancel this statue that I had on pre-order with him. :(

HOWEVER, I'll just turn around and order other items from him instead.

OK, I just need to make the correlation between all those titles and stuff. Can I just publicly thank him then? I had to cancel my order for Kit after not having enough money when the time came to get him, and deeply saddened (I love Kit Fisto), I figured I would wait and find a deal. Well, I finally ran into that site after a google search and COULD NOT BELIEVE the price--$45?!?!? I thought it was a joke. I bought it almost expecting a post card with Kit's name on it, but no, he came in super-secure packaging, in MINT--and I'm talking MINT condition, and within 2 DAYS!!!

You have sealed me to your company Bob. Thank you!

Captain Aldeggon said:
OK, I just need to make the correlation between all those titles and stuff. Can I just publicly thank him then? I had to cancel my order for Kit after not having enough money when the time came to get him, and deeply saddened (I love Kit Fisto), I figured I would wait and find a deal. Well, I finally ran into that site after a google search and COULD NOT BELIEVE the price--$45?!?!? I thought it was a joke. I bought it almost expecting a post card with Kit's name on it, but no, he came in super-secure packaging, in MINT--and I'm talking MINT condition, and within 2 DAYS!!!

You have sealed me to your company Bob. Thank you!

If he's not at the top of your bookmarked dealers, you're a fool. In all honesty, he's a great guy and has great prices. Mike with Razor's Edge and Adam with Dark Shadow are right there as well.

Back