GG Obi-Wan Clone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Loki said:
That is still a damn big step backwards from the prototype. I have no desire to own this piece now.

I agree. I don't think this is the same thing as what happened with Anakin. This to me looks nothing like Ewan at all where as the proto did. The problem with Anakin was the lips which did not effect the sculpt.

It is different than what happened to Anakin, but the end result is the same, a production piece that doesn't look nearly as nice as the prototype.

I just pray the "Han Solo and Tauntaun" and "Slave Leia" I pre-ordered from these fools don't end up like this POS.

Whatever the case, after I get these I am through with GG. It's Sideshow/Medicom/Hot Toys for me from now on.

This statue was the best of both worlds for me: Trooper Armor and Obi-wan. And this is what we get. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 I'm feeling sick right now.

Guess I'll be looking at the Sideshow Obi/Anakin dio more closely now.

hunky_artist said:
like I said at the beginning.... it was just the camera angle and the paint :rolleyes:

I ain't spending $150 for that. it still looks terrible, and the sculpt is obviously changed.

Boba Fett said:
I just pray the "Han Solo and Tauntaun" and "Slave Leia" I pre-ordered from these fools don't end up like this POS.

Whatever the case, after I get these I am through with GG. It's Sideshow/Medicom/Hot Toys for me from now on.

Sadly, GG is becoming a coin toss company. They could go one side and be a great piece, or the other side and be a let down. The Vader and Sidious busts from ROTS were grand slams, amazing pieces, especially the EE Vader Reveal bust, blown away by that one, Qui-Gon Jinn, big let down, I "like" it but I'm not as excited about it as the rest of the busts I have, then they redeemed themselves with the Maul Statue & Bust, the Chewie Bust, and Grievous, now it seems they've hit a blunder. Luckily I buy all my GG stuff from StarWarsShop so I can return if I'm unhappy, but they are making it hard, they used to be a company where you could get pumped about the next release because you knew you'd get great product, now you have to cross your fingers and hope apparently.

I played around with this image in Photoshop, real quick (I'm at work). I repainted some areas and tried to scale his head so that's it not too elongated. I also adjusted his beard here and there. I don't know....I'm changing my mind.. I don't think paint can save this thing.

I still think he looks like Ryan Gosling!
notebook0514max300x435jo3.jpg

...but after seeing the comparing pics at mostwanted collectibles... It really was a potentially perfect piece... now I wish to see some in hand pics before buying it... If somebody will buy it please post pics THANX!

Back