GG Obi-Wan Clone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Every board I've been on has a Hate thread about the GG Obi-wan!

They are going to loose alot of business if it's not corrected.

Darth_Pain said:
Wow! Every board I've been on has a Hate thread about the GG Obi-wan!

They are going to loose alot of business if it's not corrected.
I dont think everyone needs to go crazy just yet. It could have just been an over zealous fan boy who wanted alot of grown men to cry over there precious Obi-Wan or it could be that Obi really does suck and let the bombardment of GG begin. I swear they tick off alot of people every month now.

jason2885 said:
I dont think everyone needs to go crazy just yet. It could have just been an over zealous fan boy who wanted alot of grown men to cry over there precious Obi-Wan or it could be that Obi really does suck and let the bombardment of GG begin. I swear they tick off alot of people every month now.

Well, if these pics are really representative of what people should expect:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Then I'd be seriously pissed if I had pre-ordered it.

I wonder if Lucas has somebody in charge of standards for licensed merchandise. All I'm saying is GG isn't the only company that's going to be embarrassed by this. If GG won't do anything about it, maybe a campaign to let Lucas' merch dept. know might get some results.

I still hope that this was a custom head and all this is for nothing. But GG's silence regarding the situation is deafening.

Gentle Giant's explanation for the crappy production piece in an email to a customer:

"Since these are produced in volume and they are individually hand painted; there will be variations from piece to piece."

:lol :rotfl :lol

They are so clueless.

Actually, the truth is that they just don't give a crap.

Kabukiman said:
I wonder if Lucas has somebody in charge of standards for licensed merchandise. All I'm saying is GG isn't the only company that's going to be embarrassed by this. If GG won't do anything about it, maybe a campaign to let Lucas' merch dept. know might get some results.

Not that it will help (because he's too busy counting $$$$), but Howard Roffman is the VP of Licensing at LFL and this is all ultimately on him.

I suggest emailing him (politely, of course) with your thoughts and concerns directly: [email protected]

Are the links that GabRaz posted to pictures that are the same as the ones from GGC.com? I'm just too lazy to sign up for another forum....

IrishJedi said:
They are so clueless.

Actually, the truth is that they just don't give a crap.

I tend to agree, but can't think that they are totally ambivalent to this. Their reputation has taken quite a few shots since Toy Fair - with both the Exclusives on overdrive and the "Ugly Wan."

Oh and Legos should NOT have cleavage! :sick

LOTRFan said:
I tend to agree, but can't think that they are totally ambivalent to this. Their reputation has taken quite a few shots since Toy Fair - with both the Exclusives on overdrive and the "Ugly Wan".

No, trust me... they don't care. Amanda and one or two others are cool. But I have personally witnessed the smug and condescending attitude that other GG reps have, even among their consumers at shows. It's disgusting, actually. GG and Hasbro are two peas in a pod when it comes to this.

Most Wanted has an official pic up. It's not AS bad as the phots we saw before due to light/flash, but it's still terrible.

Where'd you get that pic Batty?

jlcmsu said:
That does not look even close at all to the proto.

No, but it doesn't look nearly so bad and I don't think I'll cancel if that is what it truly looks like. To me that is not that different from the problems with SS's 12" Anakin.

Agent0028 said:
No, but it doesn't look nearly so bad and I don't think I'll cancel if that is what it truly looks like. To me that is not that different from the problems with SS's 12" Anakin.

I agree, and it is a bit ironic that we might have gone "Chicken Little" on Gentle Giant for a change. Actually the move from prototype to production on this piece is VERY similar to other companies ... I can think of one in particular.

;)

That is still a damn big step backwards from the prototype. I have no desire to own this piece now.

Back