GG-Elrond Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bannister said:
I don't think he looks any worse than Frodo or Aragorn. If this were made by Sideshow you would be calling the likeness uncanny and breaking out the comparison pics.:lol
:lol If you guys are talking about the 12" Aragorn, he had a great likeness, but I think the paint job just made him look bad. As for Frodo, he still may look worse than Elrond.:monkey5

carbo-fation said:
:lol If you guys are talking about the 12" Aragorn, he had a great likeness, but I think the paint job just made him look bad. As for Frodo, he still may look worse than Elrond.:monkey5
Underneath the paint, Aragorn looked good, Frodo, not so much.

Bannister said:
I don't think he looks any worse than Frodo or Aragorn. If this were made by Sideshow you would be calling the likeness uncanny and breaking out the comparison pics.:lol

He looks far worse than either of those two pieces combined. I'm sure there is some hand sculpting involved but since they laser scan the actors there is no reason for them to not be spot on. Frodo and Aragorn where solid sculpts. If this where made by SS I would be calling it out for what it is. :)

Last edited:
Also I've said how much I've liked every GG LOTR so far. As a matter of fact I have them all on order. :)

I think we should hold up on the judgment. Clearly this is not even a prototype for pre-production. I wouldn't be surprised if things get ironed out.

Take Slave Leia for example, they were able to alter that one before production started.

jlcmsu said:
He looks far worse than either of those two pieces combined. I'm sure there is some hand sculpting involved but since they laser scan the actors there is no reason for them to not be spot on. Frodo and Aragorn where solid sculpts. If this where made by SS I would be calling it out for what it is. :)

Frodo is a solid sculpt!:thwak

This Elrond bust isn't good but at least both his eyes are looking in the same direction.

jlcmsu said:
It's all good man. I was just messing with you. I actually agree that he should be spot on given the fact they are laser scanned.

Darth Loki said:
Frodo is a solid sculpt!:thwak

The sculpt is solid. It hasn't changed from what I saw at SDCC and that was a very good sculpt. The lips are too dark that I agree.

Darth Loki said:
This Elrond bust isn't good but at least both his eyes are looking in the same direction.

Well, from a distance it will look like his cross dressing cousin. That's good. While from a distance even if Frodo's eye is off a little you won't be able to tell. Which last time I checked is how most of us looked at our pieces.

Bannister said:
It's all good man. I was just messing with you. I actually agree that he should be spot on given the fact they are laser scanned.

It's all good. I knew ya where just wanted to make a point to others that want to let GG off the hook yet hold SS to a different standard.

I don't think anyone is holding SS to a different standard. The fact is that the pic of Elrond is a prototype and PF Frodo is production pics.

The more I look at it, I'm starting to like it. But there is still SOMETHING off about it and I'm beginning to think its the eyebrows, not enough angle, definition.

Its funny that we don't have any faith in GG to pull this piece off considering their other pieces are the best likeness of the characters of any other pieces out on the market.

Relax have some faith

Synergy said:
Its funny that we don't have any faith in GG to pull this piece off considering their other pieces are the best likeness of the characters of any other pieces out on the market.

Relax have some faith

don't know man. Sometimes they don't do great with the likeness even with their laser tech., for example the Luke bust

D3912.jpg

...but you are right, this is just a prototype so i will wait and see the final outcome :chew

jlcmsu said:
The sculpt is solid. It hasn't changed from what I saw at SDCC and that was a very good sculpt. The lips are too dark that I agree.

Well, from a distance it will look like his cross dressing cousin. That's good. While from a distance even if Frodo's eye is off a little you won't be able to tell. Which last time I checked is how most of us looked at our pieces.

It's all good. I knew ya where just wanted to make a point to others that want to let GG off the hook yet hold SS to a different standard.

Of course if this were from SS you'd be calling it the greatest Elrond sculpt ever. Your biased opinions are worthless. When you grow a pair and actually admit that SS isn't perfect, I'll give a damn what you have to say.

But this still may be the first GG LOTR bust I pass on if the likeness isn't improved.

Darth Loki said:
Of course if this were from SS you'd be calling it the greatest Elrond sculpt ever. Your biased opinions are worthless. When you grow a pair and actually admit that SS isn't perfect, I'll give a damn what you have to say.

No, I wouldn't but no matter how many times I say that you, Seth, etc. will see it your own way. Which is fine cause honestly I don't care.

My opinion is worthless? Ok so put me on ignore then. That way you can live in your dream world. I've never said SS is perfect and have said so on numerous occassions.

Ya know though Loki. I've seen you rail on flippers several times over the past few months. I find that funny considering you did the same thing with the BHST Bust from GG. Double Standard? I think so. ;)

jlcmsu said:
No, I wouldn't but no matter how many times I say that you, Seth, etc. will see it your own way. Which is fine cause honestly I don't care.

My opinion is worthless? Ok so put me on ignore then. That way you can live in your dream world. I've never said SS is perfect and have said so on numerous occassions.

Ya know though Loki. I've seen you rail on flippers several times over the past few months. I find that funny considering you did the same thing with the BHST Bust from GG. Double Standard? I think so. ;)
Hey josh that's not cool. Just ask Fritz if he thinks he got a good deal.:rotfl

Back