GG Collectors Club Guild

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave said:
It was only through the generosity of a board member (Hi Bob!) that I was able to get a HP Lucius Malfoy at cost. So Swabie's points have brought it home and I'll guess I'll have to join.

After my Grandfather's gift to me, I may join as well :D

Hopefully we can continue to help each other get those hard to find exclusives.

swabie2424 said:
BTW - can you imagine how mad the people who didn't sign up would be if the freebie was like the coolest bust or statue ever? Probably NEVER going to be a statue... but could you imagine?
Could you imagine if it's a bust we aready have or don't want? I really don't want to pay 50 bucks for a Harry Crapper bust.

I'm going to join in 2 weeks. I have spent so much $ in that last month I'll be lucky to afford the SSC and GG stuff that is coming in the next couple of weeks.

Turbo said:
Could you imagine if it's a bust we aready have or don't want? I really don't want to pay 50 bucks for a Harry Crapper bust.

I'm going to join in 2 weeks. I have spent so much $ in that last month I'll be lucky to afford the SSC and GG stuff that is coming in the next couple of weeks.

Hey, Turbo... I'm with ya. I wouldn't really want a Potter bust either. I hope they give people a choice of a couple items. That would be ideal. I think they're well aware that about 90% of their fan base is there because of Star Wars.

I hear you about spending dough! Ugh! They creamed us this month. Maul, Vader maquette, Rancor statue, Han/Greedo bookends, Chewie, Grievous on his way. And January is gonna be rough also with the Republic Commando maquette, Obi-Wan statue... oh God the insanity!

A HP bust wouldnt be my ideal gift but I could help someone here who does collect them like my Friend Rumi. I would hope it would be something LOTR or SW, and yes money is tight but when isn't it with collecting. :rotfl

swabie2424 said:
LOL! Best post I've read in a long time. It's just such a declarative sentence.
If you think about it we all are suckers. SSC and GG have us by the balls. :google

We're all suckers in a way I guess. Though CF is just posting that because he knows he will only get coal in his stocking for being a board troll.

I won't be shelling out $50 for what I faithfully believe will amount to nothing of value or consequence.

Gentle Giant has proven to have mediocre customer service. I'm not going to totally bash them, I've seen better, I've seen worse. However, I refuse to pay $50 just to have slightly better customer service. Good customer service should be free of charge.

-theropod

Sorry but I'm not a big fan of paid collectors clubs by manufacturers. I'm not totally against them, I just don't like them. That being said, I don't have any Gentle Giant items in my collection and don't plan to. The Blackhole Stormtrooper pushed me over the edge. Hopefully I won't regret that decision but as of now, I'm not planning on collecting busts or animated maquettes and that's all GG has for LotR.

Darth Loki said:
I just wonder how long before we start seeing LOTR statues from GG?

According to a recent Q&A, GG has no plans right now to launch a LOTR statue line. It's just the busts and animated maquettes.

As far as the paying collector's club, I'm passing on it. I love GG, but I'm more of a casual collector and a collector's club probably wouldn't benefit me much. The only line I've committed myself to is the OT animated maquettes...with the occasional LOTR bust thrown in. As long as GG makes the Blister B&W maquettes the exclusives and they leave the regular maquettes to order at will, then I'll have no need to join a collector's club.

what are you guys going to do when they offer clone commander mini busts as their Premier Guild exclusive? :D

nash said:
what are you guys going to do when they offer clone commander mini busts as their Premier Guild exclusive? :D

:lol They'll be running to the GG site like mad. :rotfl

nash said:

I'll think back to how I felt looking at my Blackhole Stormtrooper bust and remember why I don't collect GG. :(

But I still reserve the right to join if they make something super cool I can't live without. :wacky

How do you join the Premiere after you sign up?

I figured I could upgrade at any time but can't find any way to.

mfoga said:
How do you join the Premiere after you sign up?

I figured I could upgrade at any time but can't find any way to.

You need to click on the collectors club link again. There should be an option to sign in or upgrade.

Darth Loki said:
You need to click on the collectors club link again. There should be an option to sign in or upgrade.
But then I have to change my username and email address. I was hoping to upgrade what I already did.

Well now that i've picked GG over SS SW figs(the quality just isn't there in the SS SW figs IMO.)
I'm still more than likely not gonna join...Don't feel i should have to but i still might but i doubt it.

Seth Gecko said:
Well now that i've picked GG over SS SW figs(the quality just isn't there in the SS SW figs IMO.)

GG makes some nice stuff for sure. They are a quality product. That's why I buy them. However, the quality is there for the SS SW figs. I don't get how that can't be seen honestly. I get not liking them because you like another company but I find it absurd at best to deny that they are quality products.

Seth Gecko said:
Some would call it "nutswinging",I'd just call it having an eye for genuine quality.

That's how I feel about SS stuff. I'm sorry but people just can't deny the quality of product SS makes.

jlcmsu said:
GG makes some nice stuff for sure. They are a quality product. That's why I buy them. However, the quality is there for the SS SW figs.

Thats your opinion,they got good HS(most of the time) thats about it IMO.(The quality just isn't what I expect in a 12in figure(some may be satisfied but i am not)..and thats MY opinion.

jlcmsu said:
That's how I feel about SS stuff. I'm sorry but people just can't deny the quality of product SS makes.

I can! And did.

Now PF's different story.

Last edited:
Back