GG Collectors Club Guild

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a great option but with GG it just might be the best. Yeah, sure I'm an idiot for doing this and sure I shouldn't have to pay to get exclusives but with GG I'm not sure I'm willing to risk it.

Well, the only GG I'm collecting right now is the Potter busts and LOTR stuff, so until (and notice I didn't say "IF") they start the ultra limited exclusives, I will be ok. When they do do an ultra limited item from one of these lines, I will probably just give up and quit collecting the GG stuff. Again, it shouldn't be this hard to be a collector...

I have not got this yet but I will. I think it is great idea and this is why. First I do not 5000 people will not sign up because there is not that many gentle giant collectors on a regular basis. Not saying that certain items do not get that much attention because they do. If 5000 people do sign up well then it should be pretty easy for GG to decide how many products they will make. Another thing is that most people who are only planning on selling an item are not going to spend $50 to order a rare item that they may not get. Only problem I see is that when an exclusive does come around people in the club miss it or if after a year nobody benifits from it.

jlcmsu said:
It's not a great option but with GG it just might be the best. Yeah, sure I'm an idiot for doing this and sure I shouldn't have to pay to get exclusives but with GG I'm not sure I'm willing to risk it.

If I collected their SW busts, I could see it being worth it. But I'm only on the HP and LOTR busts and those aren't nearly as difficult to score, yet. Who knows what SDCC LOTR exclusive they'll have this year that will make me kick myself, but that's why we have such a great board here that members will pick up items for other members who are across the country :monkey3 .

Gran3131 said:
I have not got this yet but I will. I think it is great idea and this is why. First I do not 5000 people will not sign up because there is not that many gentle giant collectors on a regular basis. Not saying that certain items do not get that much attention because they do. If 5000 people do sign up well then it should be pretty easy for GG to decide how many products they will make. Another thing is that most people who are only planning on selling an item are not going to spend $50 to order a rare item that they may not get. Only problem I see is that when an exclusive does come around people in the club miss it or if after a year nobody benifits from it.

But this is something that scalpers and flippers will be all over. They'll set up several different accounts and get as many exclusives as possible to make us pay more. Gotta love capitalism.:rolleyes:

The site looks nice, but I think I'm done collecting the mini-busts. And $50 sounds kind of steep to be able to get the first crack at a few exclusives a year. I hope Sideshow never decides to do something like that!

Batty said:
I hope Sideshow never decides to do something like that!
Amen to that.
I am glad Sideshow isnt GG and I can get my PF any time over a few day period and the 12" exclusive for at least 24 minutes each. I have been able to get all of them so Im happy with the way they do that. Sideshow is the superior in all respects with customer service.

I never have heard of a website being up for some people but not for others

Darth Loki said:
If I collected their SW busts, I could see it being worth it. But I'm only on the HP and LOTR busts and those aren't nearly as difficult to score, yet. Who knows what SDCC LOTR exclusive they'll have this year that will make me kick myself, but that's why we have such a great board here that members will pick up items for other members who are across the country :monkey3 .

See I do collect some of their SW Busts. Clones and stuff like that and some of their statues as well. Yeah, I agree but I want to not have to burden (so to speak someone to get me something).

Darth Loki said:
But this is something that scalpers and flippers will be all over. They'll set up several different accounts and get as many exclusives as possible to make us pay more. Gotta love capitalism.:rolleyes:

Well, this is true but if it keeps me from having to pay over retail for items like the BHST Bust (for retail) or something like that. Then it will all be worth it.

Darth Loki said:

I guess I do not think it will work like that. It seems they are going to do a lottery for the BW Maquette so everyone has a fair chance. If a scalper sets up a ton of accounts and is able to get busts on every account they sign up for then everyone else will get the busts as well and they will have no one to sell to. We have to rember there is a $50 price tag. There simply will not be that many items released that are going to be worth it for scalpers to create different accounts. This is how I see it anyways and I when 08 comes around we will se how it all played out.

lcummins said:
I don't know... I refuse to pay for the privilege of getting exclusives! I think having exclusives only available to paid club members is just wrong and I really, really, really hope Sideshow never does something like this!!! As the point has been made in the SSE Mummy thread, collecting shouldn't become a chore that makes us anxious or nauseous! This kind of thing (and the Sideshow lottery) just begins to suck the fun out of collecting!

Yeah I agree. There is no guarantee on how many exclusives will come out each year and how many of those I actually will want...I'm passing. I was a SWS subscriber and bought one thing in two years...

If they start doing limited Harry Potter stuff like they do the super limited SW, I'll probably have to join. That's the only GG line I collect though.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I joined as well. I hope their site doesn't get hacked because the credit card number you save shows in its entirety.

Wow, that's awful. Be wary, folks. If they missed that simple security step, what else did they miss?

I've been a member of the following similar clubs:
- Moore Action Collectibles (went out of business during my initial membership, waste of money)
- Palisades (went out of business during my initial membership, waste of money)
- Art Asylum Collectors Club (never provided anything of value, colossal waste of money)

Also, since I never pay full retail for GG items, this club doesn't seem like a great deal to me. However, if I was a GG completist, joining would be a necessity.

[EDIT: If exclusives aren't guaranteed, this wouldn't even be a slam-dunk for a completist.]

Last edited:
The same thing goes for SS, why would you order direct from GG unless it were an exclusive? You can save 15-20% by just ordering from a retailer.

This is also the worst possible time to be asking me for $50. Luke/Yoda PF, Bib, Salacious, Grey Hulk PF, 2 Subject 57's, 2 GG LOTR busts, and possibly Frodo PF ALL COMING IN JANUARY :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Stilll undecided whether to join the guild. As Dave said, if they do the super limited editions for LOTR AND Harry Potter, and guild members are GUARANTEED them (whether they're going to SDCC or not), then I would join to try to avoid the hysteria and uncertainty of last year's SDCC exclusives ordering mess. That was nerve-wracking. But...I have issues about having to pay a fee. I don't see how paying a membership fee would discourage the scalpers any, if that was part of the rationale for this.

Wetanut said:
they do the super limited editions for LOTR AND Harry Potter, and guild members are GUARANTEED them (whether they're going to SDCC or not),

on their registration page, it says, that the exclusives are NOT GUARANTEED

anybody knows if they are sending to TUrkey or Russia :)

Back