Getting Burned on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only recourse for sellers now is to only allow bids from people who have a clearly positive recent history. For me it's no more 0 feedback bidders, and if the bidder doesn't have at least 3 positive feedbacks from different sellers within the last month, their bid gets canceled.

The only recourse for sellers now is to only allow bids from people who have a clearly positive recent history. For me it's no more 0 feedback bidders, and if the bidder doesn't have at least 3 positive feedbacks from different sellers within the last month, their bid gets canceled.

Problem w/ this is last second bidders you have no control over.. I can't tell you how many times I get a guy w/ 0 feedback from Thailand win an auction.. Even when I state USA shipping only.. :rolleyes:

I had found the option to limit Overseas bidders recently, is they a percentage and positive feedback limter as well?

well if/when you receive the item back you can still sell it...won't make as much which sucks but at least that's somewhat of a silver lining. :eek:

Problem w/ this is last second bidders you have no control over.. I can't tell you how many times I get a guy w/ 0 feedback from Thailand win an auction..:rolleyes:

I always hate it when they do that then ^^^^^ about shipping even though I clearly state to email me about shipping costs first. Whenever people do this to me, I kill them on shipping.

well if/when you receive the item back you can still sell it...won't make as much which sucks but at least that's somewhat of a silver lining. :eek:

thats true, but at that point i will only sell it here or on another forum which people will probably low ball me due to "imperfections" then start the whole process over again. :lol:lol

Problem w/ this is last second bidders you have no control over.. I can't tell you how many times I get a guy w/ 0 feedback from Thailand win an auction.. Even when I state USA shipping only.. :rolleyes:

I had found the option to limit Overseas bidders recently, is they a percentage and positive feedback limter as well?
I haven't seen anything that automatically allows you to forbid low-feedback bidders. I suspect that eBay wouldn't want to advertise such a feature, since it could create an environment where no new bidders get into the system.

You're right about last-second bidders, but you do still have the option to cancel their transaction and make an offer to the next-highest legitimate bidder.

I always hate it when they do that then ^^^^^ about shipping even though I clearly state to email me about shipping costs first. Whenever people do this to me, I kill them on shipping.

You know what I hate? When international buyers give you a low DSR rating for "shipping costs" because they live in another country and their shipping is higher than normal. I usually dont give those people any feedback.

You know what I hate? When international buyers give you a low DSR rating for "shipping costs" because they live in another country and their shipping is higher than normal. I usually dont give those people any feedback.

Yeah, if someone gives me positive feedback but complain with things like "took a while to arrive but everything is ok." I just don't leave them feedback. I usually ship within 2 days so if something took a while to arrive it is the post office, not my my fault.

That bugs me too. I always ship the next possible day after an auction completes, and I always provide tracking info (I won't offer shipping via any service that DOESN'T provide a tracking number). So there can be no mistake on the part of the buyer as to when the item was shipped. Plus, I only charge what it actually costs to ship, and I use the eBay shipping calculator to help make that point clear.

Yet some still complain about shipping cost and time. If they want to complain, they should contact the Postal Service or UPS regarding the speed and cost of their service.

eBay has been taking some serious hits lately, it just isn't worth it anymore.

:emperor

On the other hand, if you have stuff you need to sell, there still aren't any other really viable venues for selling. Craigslist can be good for local items (usually stuff that would be too expensive to ship anywhere), but your target audience is so much smaller that for most other items it almost isn't worth the trouble.

Back