Getting Burned on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so if he claims it with UPS will i have to take it back?? or does UPS issue him the money and keep it?? i just don't want to end up back at square one.... or possibly worse--he sends me a defective one that he swapped out.

From what I understand, you will have to file a UPS claim.. UPS will send an inspector yto his house and either pick up the entire packgae, packing and all, or judge the damage right on the spot. If a claim is granted, YOU get the money and will have to funnel it back to him.

here are the pictures he sent me. i have no idea what those are nor were they there when i inspected it. the auction clearly stated NO REFUNDS. UPS said he can still claim it as damaged. what do i do?? i think its shady because its been a month, he completely bypassed contacting me, didn't go through ebay, just filed a dispute on paypal.
DSCN1745.jpg

DSCN1740.jpg

Hulk has psoriasis.:google

Hope things get worked out man. Ebay buyers can be very nasty. :monkey4

From what I understand, you will have to file a UPS claim.. UPS will send an inspector yto his house and either pick up the entire packgae, packing and all, or judge the damage right on the spot. If a claim is granted, YOU get the money and will have to funnel it back to him.

ok..when i was just there the clerk says he has to claim it since he has possession of the item. is that true or do i need to go back up there??

hairlesswookie - hunt that sumbish down

mesascott - i would think that they'd be able to pick up on it, but i'm still waiting on 169.25 from part of a refund on a sauron statue from 3 months ago, so i'm not sure.

i'm actually getting sick of shady sellers on ebay. just received an 'undisplayed, mint condition ex. wolvie comiquette that had a dusty base, a chip on the tip of the masked head, and a claw that was bent all to hell. it seems like half the stuff i've bought on their isn't as described.

Man that sucks. I have had that happen to me several times and it is so annoying and frustrating. :banghead

I think you are going to have a big problem with this guy. Usually it's hard to fight paypal because they always tend to side with the buyer.

And for all the people that think Paypal just leaves your account on negative think again. I have heard they send a collection agency after you to settle up the debt. This is just another reason I find flipping a dangerous side game, especially if done on ebay where people don't care who they screw over.

just called ups. they said shipper files claim. ups will send rep to recipient to see damage and approve or decline claim. if approved, ups will reimburse shipper, who in turn reimburses recipient.

just called ups. they said shipper files claim. ups will send rep to recipient to see damage and approve or decline claim. if approved, ups will reimburse shipper, who in turn reimburses recipient.

This sounds good for you, I think. Now he has to try and con the UPS guy into somehow that "damage" was UPS. It really looks altered. \

Good luck with this.

This sounds good for you, I think. Now he has to try and con the UPS guy into somehow that "damage" was UPS. It really looks altered. \

Good luck with this.

yes and no. if ups says it wasn't damaged by them then the buyer could claim that it was sent to him that way. the best thing that could happen is UPS say that they did damage it.

yes and no. if ups says it wasn't damaged by them then the buyer could claim that it was sent to him that way. the best thing that could happen is UPS say that they did damage it.

Unfortunately.

It sucks to be at the mercy of a crazy person. There is pretty much nothing he can do to prove his innocence in this case. Paypal will probably take the money and then he will have to pay it back or get a damaged statue in return.

If I were you, I would definitely write or call Paypal to inform them of your side of this situation. It may not help but I doubt it could hurt.

exactly... what pisses me off the most is that its been almost an entire MONTH since the transaction ended and now all of a sudden i get an email from paypal saying that a dispute has been filed demanding a refund or dispute on my behalf. thats why i think this guy is trying to rip me off. most people with common sense would open and inspect something that they just spend several hundreds of dollars on IMMEDIATELY after receiving. my question is-- since i clearly put no refunds in bold print in the item description does this cover me at all??? because thats the excuse he input to start the dispute -- "item is significantly different than description states"

That sucks man! I've head something like this happen to me before. Do you have any pics of the statue before you shipped it out? Use that as evidence. Check his feedback and stuff too and as someone else mentioned, see if he bought another green hulk from someone else. Best of luck to fixing this disaster!

yeah this whole thing has kind of messed up the day. i'm seriously stressing about it. i just bought new computer and the money i made from the sale was intended to pay for the upcoming Wolf bust. if i get screwed out of the money i'm gonna have to cancel for sure.

not to derail your thread but I just opened up a Wolvie comiquette and I'm now on the other side. there is no question why a claw is broken, the head has chips, the left arm broke off at the shoulder socket and a finger is missing...this fool didn't tape up the white styrofoam container, the masked head was floating around in the box and wolvie's body is sitting on a plastic bag.

i'm about to contact him and ask him to file a claim right now with Fedex. i don't think they'll cover it because I cannot find the broken finger in the box, etc. if he gives me any lip i'm going straight to paypal and not even respond to him so hopefully he'll just do the right thing.

Edit: Just spoke with FedEx and he purchased the insurance but listed the declared value as $0 and they will only cover up to $100 at that point so what do you guys think, go straight to PayPal?

Last edited:
Hairless, dude, Thats sux a lot...I remember clearly when you sold that hulk...Funny thing is that its not even the same green on it..looks like he put some non-permanent paint on it just to fool paypal...this guy is a real ass..Ebay is now full of scammer buyers....If that happened to me, I would feel like beating him to death...Will you get that Hulk back now? what is gonna happened next?

IMO..I think its better to sell on board like this..at least we know the people we're dealing with.Maybe with a little less profit than on the bay, but with hassle free (generally).

Hairless, dude, Thats sux a lot...I remember clearly when you sold that hulk...Funny thing is that its not even the same green on it..looks like he put some non-permanent paint on it just to fool paypal...this guy is a real ass..Ebay is now full of scammer buyers....If that happened to me, I would feel like beating him to death...Will you get that Hulk back now? what is gonna happened next?

IMO..I think its better to sell on board like this..at least we know the people we're dealing with.Maybe with a little less profit than on the bay, but with hassle free (generally).

not sure at this point... he is seriously asking for a beatdown. his last message through paypal is "how can you prove it wasn't on there before shipping?" guess what??? i contacted my old roommate-- and he happens to have some pictures that he took last October with his camera. its on!!! i'm going to UPS tomorrow to file the claim. i'm not giving this guy his money back because i'm pissed off now. is there a way for paypal to take the money out of my account without my consent???

not to derail your thread but I just opened up a Wolvie comiquette and I'm now on the other side. there is no question why a claw is broken, the head has chips, the left arm broke off at the shoulder socket and a finger is missing...this fool didn't tape up the white styrofoam container, the masked head was floating around in the box and wolvie's body is sitting on a plastic bag.

i'm about to contact him and ask him to file a claim right now with Fedex. i don't think they'll cover it because I cannot find the broken finger in the box, etc. if he gives me any lip i'm going straight to paypal and not even respond to him so hopefully he'll just do the right thing.

Edit: Just spoke with FedEx and he purchased the insurance but listed the declared value as $0 and they will only cover up to $100 at that point so what do you guys think, go straight to PayPal?
Oh snap! This has happened to me twice with the Wolverine Comiquette. I don't understand why people don't tape those two inner styrofoam pieces together for shipping. I swear there must only be a few hundred of these left in decent shape these days. :monkey2

not sure at this point... he is seriously asking for a beatdown. his last message through paypal is "how can you prove it wasn't on there before shipping?" guess what??? i contacted my old roommate-- and he happens to have some pictures that he took last October with his camera. its on!!! i'm going to UPS tomorrow to file the claim. i'm not giving this guy his money back because i'm pissed off now. is there a way for paypal to take the money out of my account without my consent???

it was insured so I can't figure out why he isn't just going through the shipper to get his money back. my guy didn't insure it so if he isn't cooperative I might straight to Paypal.

i shipped a grey hulk PF and it arrived damaged but it was a paint rub on the thigh i guess because of the styrofoam packaging rubbing it and the hulk being so heavy. it did not discolor it though it just rubbed the paint. i offered to get money back from the shipper and give him his money back but he just painted it himself and you couldn't even tell. your buyer is a big ******.

Back