Getting Burned on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i shipped a grey hulk PF and it arrived damaged but it was a paint rub on the thigh i guess because of the styrofoam packaging rubbing it and the hulk being so heavy. it did not discolor it though it just rubbed the paint. i offered to get money back from the shipper and give him his money back but he just painted it himself and you couldn't even tell. your buyer is a big ******.

exactly... he didn't even bother contacting me first. i would've done the same thing, but this is just ticking me off.

I can't imagine that UPS insurance would pay for something like that which appears to be a faulty repair.

With the new ebay/paypal rules, it's definitely going to be a "seller beware" market out there. Paypal will do everything in their power to take the money from you - steal from your account, charge back your credit card - whatever it takes.

With the new ebay/paypal rules, it's definitely going to be a "seller beware" market out there. Paypal will do everything in their power to take the money from you - steal from your account, charge back your credit card - whatever it takes.

really...looks like i need to cancel my credit card and contact my bank tomorrow.

alright. the buyer is a total ******. i tried to see if we could work something out, but now he's totally ignoring my messages. paypal called me earlier today while i was in a movie. is this something typical?? i'm just gonna submit the information i have with my pictures and say sorry NO refund is possible.

alright. the buyer is a total ******. i tried to see if we could work something out, but now he's totally ignoring my messages. paypal called me earlier today while i was in a movie. is this something typical?? i'm just gonna submit the information i have with my pictures and say sorry NO refund is possible.

he's an idiot. i really hope PP realizes the hack repair job he tried to do on it and rules in your favor.

i received a damaged SS wolverine Excl. a few days ago and i contaced the seller instead of going to PayPal and he was great about it...offered a full refund or a discount and because of that I gave him retail for it so he got $180 out of it and I got the statue.....BUT i saved $195 from discounts so basically he paid me $15 to take it...i did have to glue some chipped pieces back and also his arm but you really can't tell. I wouldn't have kept it if i had to pay $650 for it but for the price I ended up paying, it was a win-win. I'd always contact the seller first....you can always go to PP later.

Last edited:

Please keep us posted, I am anxious to see how this turns out. I hope Paypal sides with you. This is terrible.

I hate to say this but PayPal will auto credit his account and negative yours if he shows proof that he mailed the hulk back to you....it sucks I know but it happened to me a few yrs back with a few ebay ****** bags that wanted a deal....1 guy had the statue in his hands for almost 2 months...then I get a box in the mail with a damaged statue in it and a negative feedback along with a negative balance on my PP....people suck and most are ^^^in idiots....The guy even wrote that I didnt have the original box and of course I did...good luck man....but ebay has turned into a haven for dicks...

HW, do you have any pre-shipped (displayed or inbox) pics?

I feel for you. I would be sick if this happened to me knowing PP rep. Everyone is vulnerable to that kind of ^^^^, it's totally ^^^^ up. Simple way to put it, but it's ^^^^ed up.

I hate to say this but PayPal will auto credit his account and negative yours if he shows proof that he mailed the hulk back to you....it sucks I know but it happened to me a few yrs back with a few ebay ****** bags that wanted a deal....1 guy had the statue in his hands for almost 2 months...then I get a box in the mail with a damaged statue in it and a negative feedback along with a negative balance on my PP....people suck and most are ^^^in idiots....The guy even wrote that I didnt have the original box and of course I did...good luck man....but ebay has turned into a haven for dicks...
this is exactly whats happening to me... the auction ended on may 18th it was delivered on the 26th. i get contacted from paypal last week that he wants a refund.
HW, do you have any pre-shipped (displayed or inbox) pics?
yeah, but paypal didn't ask me for any evidence and they just sent me an email saying that they sided with the Buyer and that i have to issue a full refund once he ships it to me. well, i will fight this as i went to my bank on monday and told them to put a stop payment on any transactions from paypal. i did the same on my credit card... i wonder how long before paypal starts calling me asking for money.

lol... the ****** has already emailed me asking when i want him to ship it back. funny how he can contact me now that he got his way and his refund. does he not get his money until it gets shipped back?? if so then i'm gonna take my time before responding.

Man this sucks. Boy I'm glad I don't buy anything over $100 on ebay.

If you get it back and its not the same figure I would check the laws for filing a fraud charge in criminal court.

Oh man, they sided with the buyer in this case!?! Now I am really worried about selling large items on the bay. Ugh.

Please let us know what happens.

I refuse to sell any collectible on ebay any more.. My last 3 transactions have been similar to HW.. As in the seller gets reamed even though he/she is not in the wrong. PP and ebay suck balls nowif your a seller, not worth it.

And HW expect to get harrassed bigtime from PP's creditors..

Yeah, I think I'm done selling on eBay... its just too much BS, and the seller now seems to have no protection.

Hooray for the commerce section :rock

Well now, this makes me nervous... I'm all ready to open the floodgates this summer with both my vintage collection and more recent (last ten years) carded stuff...

I have been avoiding ebay as much as possible since the seller/buyer strike. I think I will continue avoiding it whenever possible. Not only do their fees stink but you also get scammed every which way as a seller. Not worth it. Ughh.

I have been avoiding ebay as much as possible since the seller/buyer strike. I think I will continue avoiding it whenever possible. Not only do their fees stink but you also get scammed every which way as a seller. Not worth it. Ughh.

What are the other alternatives?... Besides our own commerce section.

Back