Get on the Wait List Now!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is even the standard version will sell for a lot in the future.

There really are not that many of this piece made.

Seeing this makes me feel a little sick considering I did the nice thing and raffled away my Gray version.

My cash flow situation would be in a much better posistion right now if I had been :emperor and not :monkey3

**** ME! Over a grand on ebay?!?!?! Ok, I am going to go throw up now :monkey1

two minute later update.....still sick to my stomach

LOTRSWfan said:
**** ME! Over a grand on ebay?!?!?! Ok, I am going to go throw up now :monkey1

two minute later update.....still sick to my stomach

Are you talking about the grey or the green? A green sold today for $575 but the grays have been selling from $1200-1500. Damn scalpers, they should all be stoned.

Darth Loki said:
Are you talking about the grey or the green? A green sold today for $575 but the grays have been selling from $1200-1500. Damn scalpers, they should all be stoned.

grey, I have one sitting right here.

Still sick as a dog........

Darth Loki said:
Damn scalpers, they should all be stoned.

How much did you sell that Blackhole bust to Fritz for?

:rolleyes:

Just kidding...

I'm glad that you managed to get a Lucius Malfoy bust for cost from another board member, and I hope you remember that kindness the next time you have an item like the Blackhole bust that you don't intend to keep. I was going to try and get you a Malfoy at cost when I could have easily marked it up and made a quick buck, and now I will be trying to get one to give to somebody else at cost. I have also been on the lookout for an X-Wing for you. Now some people would find one and sell it to you at a markup, and others would do it for free just to help out a fellow collector. I strive to be the second kind of person and I hope others do as well. The nice thing about this place is that there are people here who are willing to help each other out. Hopefully, we can all return the favor--either to the person who helped us, or we can "pay it forward" and help out somebody else.

Honestly though, we all have tough choices to make when it comes to collecting. I love to help people out, but the chances of me selling my Gray Hulk at cost are about the same as somebody else selling me a Padme at cost when I was looking for her. Same story with the original Balrog, or Orthanc (one that I missed and will never be able to get.) It's nice when we can get things for each other at cost, but sometimes that obviously doesn't happen. We all have to find a balance that we are comfortable with.

tomandshell said:

Just kidding...

I'm glad that you managed to get a Lucius Malfoy bust for cost from another board member, and I hope you remember that kindness the next time you have an item like the Blackhole bust that you don't intend to keep. I was going to try and get you a Malfoy at cost when I could have easily marked it up and made a quick buck, and now I will be trying to get one to give to somebody else at cost. I have also been on the lookout for an X-Wing for you. Now some people would find one and sell it to you at a markup, and others would do it for free just to help out a fellow collector. I strive to be the second kind of person and I hope others do as well. The nice thing about this place is that there are people here who are willing to help each other out. Hopefully, we can all return the favor--either to the person who helped us, or we can "pay it forward" and help out somebody else.

Honestly though, we all have tough choices to make when it comes to collecting. I love to help people out, but the chances of me selling my Gray Hulk at cost are about the same as somebody else selling me a Padme at cost when I was looking for her. Same story with the original Balrog, or Orthanc (one that I missed and will never be able to get.) It's nice when we can get things for each other at cost, but sometimes that obviously doesn't happen. We all have to find a balance that we are comfortable with.

Why am I the only f-in idiot who gave his grey hulk away at cost??:confused:

Dont get me wrong, I am very happy to help out a fellow board member. Just that extra $1,000 would have finished off my debts.

Remember how much **** I go when I tried to sell mine? Good times :p Now half of these will be moved for a profit and probably no one will get any crap for it.

LOTRSWfan said:
grey, I have one sitting right here.

Still sick as a dog........

Then tell the person you need more money for it and you did not know it was going to sell for this much.

That's a LOT of money to miss out on. Being nice is one thing, being smart is another.

Get out of debt.

:)

Gruson said:
Then tell the person you need more money for it and you did not know it was going to sell for this much.

That's a LOT of money to miss out on. Being nice is one thing, being smart is another.

:)

True, but I made a deal and an agreement. I will not back out of my word. I would not do that no matter how much I am going to missing out on.

Hopefully Karma will be coming my way soon :D

I know, I honor my deals/presales as well.

I just feel bad for you because a lot of people were pretty rough on you at the time.

Good luck.

tomandshell said:

Just kidding...

Well said. Can we say that I've learned from my mistakes. I've made two offers to ship the Danbury Mint's Minas Tirith to Freaks in Europe since DB won't. And I'll also be ordering a Boba Fett for Kit if it goes on sale tonight. The kindness of other board members has been noted and I'm trying to make amends.

Just wondering why those who are getting rid of their Grey Hulks aren't getting the same kind of abuse that I've been subjected to?

Gruson said:
I know, I honor my deals/presales as well.

I just feel bad for you because a lot of people were pretty rough on you at the time.

Good luck.

Rough? They were ****ing brutal! Jesus. I doubt many of the peopel here could deal with the sports card world. People flip stuff there and are praised for getting a good flip. Here, they string you by the balls.

Darth Loki said:
Just wondering why those who are getting rid of their Grey Hulks aren't getting the same kind of abuse that I've been subjected to?

You must have missed the fun the people here had with me a while back

I think the reason you're getting "abused" is because people who are selling their gray hulks aren't going into threads acting as if they deserve a good deal on a malfoy bust because they are 120% completists on the hp line.

Originally Posted by Darth Loki
Damn scalpers, they should all be stoned.

Alright fellas, who wants to throw the first rock at Darth Lugi I mean Loki! :moon

Then I'm next but at least I admit to doing it now and then.

Last edited:
Well I can't help if Fritz is not happy or however he feels about his purchase now. He was chopping at the bit when I mentioned that Josh might not be interested. I don't regret getting the X-Men vs. Sentinel Exclusive for more than retail from a retailer. I'm just happy I was able to get it. If I were ever unsure about something, I wouldn't buy it in the first place.

It's not about Fritz. It's not about hating scalpers. That's fine! Everyone has different views.

It's about pointing fingers at scalpers when in fact you're doing the same thing. Yet you keep bashing scalpers. Do you not get it!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Look!!!!

arrow_down.gif

HYPOCRITE

hypocrite

n : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he does not hold

hypocrite

one who puts on a mask and feigns himself to be what he is not

DannieDarKo said:
It's not about Fritz. It's about pointing fingers at scalpers when in fact you're doing the same thing. Yet you keep bashing scalpers.

HYPOCRITE

hypocrite

n : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he does not hold

hypocrite

one who puts on a mask and feigns himself to be what he is not

When exactly did I bash scalpers?

LOTRSWfan said:
lol, good stuff.

It is funny how I became a ****ing dick head ass hole when I tried to sell my grey hulk to PAY TUITION DEBTS, but most people dont seem to give a damn about a flip as long as it is paying for the collection.

Yes, Im in a bad mood now :monkey4

Thought you might enjoy that... :lol

Back