1/6 DIY - Remote Controlled Hulk Buster Lighting Tutorial / Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on how you want control the lights will be a factor in the method you use

I went with the relay board so I could control the lights with a remote.

If you just use a 4.5vdc adapter you will have to use the figures switches or plug and unplug the power supply

You can also get the relay boards with more then 4 relays, currently the largest board has 16 channels and now they even come with built in wi-fi and smart phone control

If you were to do the 16 channel board and control 1 figure per channel, would you have 4 positive wires coming out of one CK terminal? How would you do the negative (ground) wiring, there would be a lot of them?

I would run the 4 wire pairs for each batter compartment for about 16" (about 24 gauge wire) and then splice all of the positives and negatives to a 20 gauge wire and then run a single pair from each figure to the relay panel

That draw very little current so you don't need large gauge wires to safely power them

You wouldn’t happen to have a little drawing showing it? Haha where would the negative wires go back to? Sorry, just trying to fully understand this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should PM me your number so I can call you explain the basics of DC circuits

But in a nutshell. The 4.5vdc power supply has a red + wire and black negative wire

The red power supply wire is jumped to each of the relays and all of the black ground wires go back to the power supply ground wire.

Not sure of the international call charge would be as I live in Australia haha! I'm just trying to understand the layout of where each black negative wire goes if one were to run 16 channels and make it as less messy as possible. So you have 16 channels, each channel is one figure so 4 pairs of wires, so that would be 64 pairs of wires. Surely you can't place 64 negative wires into one terminal block, and then one goes back to power supply via one wire?

EDIT: Sorry if this isn't easy to understand

I guessing a call could be costly.

I explained what you just asked in post 43

You also don't have to run the black wire to the relay panel. You can slice a wire to the power supplies negative lead and run that to a terminal block and run all of your wires from the figures to that

I finally ended up doing this, took me some time because at some points I couldn't be bothered haha but the first of many figures I hooked up was my Mark 46 and here is the result. wlm6vIA.jpg OjjCpXY.jpg XpMASMh.jpg
I just went through an adjustable voltage adapter -> switch ->terminal block -> wire with female jst connector -> wires with male connector -> battery adapter in the figure. Thought I'd share anyway to thank you for the help haha, didn't end up doing relay but watching the video made me want to do it haha Thanks!

I'm about to get started on doing something similar to this, except I'm thinking I can accomplish this with an Arduino. Either the Uno or Mega. I'm also going to buy the Soap Reactor dummy battery connector wires. I def don't want to solder to my figures permanently. Should still come out significantly cheaper than buying the whole Soap Reactor kit.

Also for anyone that is curious, you can power a lot more figure/lights on the Soap Reactor than they say you can. All you need is a splitter cable and plug it into one of the 4.5V, 0.3A slots. An led typically uses around 0.03A so each one of the 0.3A plugs on the soap reactor can power roughly 8-10 leds. Repeat this 3 more times for the other 3 0.3A slots. I did this with my soap reactor and currently powering my entire collection (around 48 leds) from one soap reactor.

Also for anyone that is curious, you can power a lot more figure/lights on the Soap Reactor than they say you can. All you need is a splitter cable and plug it into one of the 4.5V, 0.3A slots. An led typically uses around 0.03A so each one of the 0.3A plugs on the soap reactor can power roughly 8-10 leds. Repeat this 3 more times for the other 3 0.3A slots. I did this with my soap reactor and currently powering my entire collection (around 48 leds) from one soap reactor.

Memphis, could you post a link to the splitter cables you used (so I can save time hunting them down)? I have two soap reactors, so it would be nice to split them up between separate cabinets.

Thanks for the bump. Made me remember I still need to do this.

Did anyone actually manage to replicate it. Does it work well ?

Back