George Lucas end of the world 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The end of the world is when the Almighty Lord thy God destroys it(plus Christ must reign on earth 1,000 years)...we got a little while to go!

All of which science can explain completely or to some degree. All have rational explanations, even things which we are still vaguely unsure of, like the dying birds - I mean why leap to crazy explanations rather than simple science? People watch WAY too much TV and movies!

All these things have far more rational explanations than "sci-fi end of the world" reasons! None are caused by cosmic kookiness, paranormal activity, ghosts, vampires, elves or anything else "weird".

And apart from the man made disasters (like pollution, climate change, dying animals and insects, etc) the geological events have been ongoing for billions of years and are nothing to be surprised about if you know some geology. If people just listened to those who are educated, life would be much better for all of us.

Sean

Whilst I agree that science has explained away many things over the years, it's not beyond the realms of possibilty or imagination for the world to end, (as we know it). It could mean many things. Man being what he is, I wouldn't be surprised if we had a hand in our own destruction Even before 2012.

Here's hoping not though!
:dunno

Whilst I agree that science has explained away many things over the years, it's not beyond the realms of possibilty or imagination for the world to end, (as we know it). It could mean many things. Man being what he is, I wouldn't be surprised if we had a hand in our own destruction Even before 2012.

Here's hoping not though!
:dunno

No one said the world couldn't end. An asteroid could hit, for example. Man can be wiped out by disease or a number of things. But there are reasons why this might happen that can that can be explained and are not some mystic crazy pseudo-science like the 2012 theories. That's all.

And I agree- man has a good chance of destroying himself (by destroying the environment) in the not too distant future.

Still waiting for Lucas to admit the prequels were "just a joke".

Sean

Whilst I agree that science has explained away many things over the years...

:slap

Science doesn't 'explain away' things.

Although hack scientists have done a good job of explaining away the litany of non-anthropomorphic causes of temporarily elevated mean global temperatures.

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Eco-apocalypse...blah, blah...original sin...blah, blah...man is evil...blah, blah...
picture.php

Lucasfilm rep Lynne Hale in an e-mail to Wired.com about this issue of obvious intergalactic importance:

“He was not serious when he talked about the end of the world in 2012 but he is an adamant believer that the world is flat, that Stonehenge was built by aliens, and that the sun revolves around the Earth,” Hale said. “These are among the many subjects he commonly discusses at length with Elvis, who he’s going to digitally insert into Indy 5 along with a roster of famous dead actors.”

https://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/01/george-lucas-2012/
:rotfl

Seth Rogan is still cooler then Lucas. This smells like a cover up because everyone knows he's a creepy recluse hermit.

Really, Rogen cooler than Lucas... I get that Lucas has gone the way of the ******. But c'mon, the guy created SW... he could be a raving racist conspiracy nut and he still be one of the coolest dudes on the planet :lol

Lucas gets a lifelong pass :lecture

I suppose it depends what you mean by "cool." Lucas as he is today kind of reminds me of my Dad. Not cool in the traditional sense, but I do have a lot of respect for what he accomplished.

Eh. What he accomplished isnt avalible to those who want it. What he created is "gone", and in it's place is a shallow, messy void filled with crap.

I aint talkin about the Prequels. I mean everything he created as a filmmaker has been alterered into something unwatchable. The Special Editions...atleast for me.

I dont have a respect for a man who doesnt respect the people he sells his crap too.

Lucasfilm rep Lynne Hale in an e-mail to Wired.com about this issue of obvious intergalactic importance:

“He was not serious when he talked about the end of the world in 2012 but he is an adamant believer that the world is flat, that Stonehenge was built by aliens, and that the sun revolves around the Earth,” Hale said. “These are among the many subjects he commonly discusses at length with Elvis, who he’s going to digitally insert into Indy 5 along with a roster of famous dead actors.”

I dunno, sounds like damage control.

(I don't really care if he believes it or not. But i think it makes things more interesting if he does.)

If it werent for Lucas, we'd probably still be watching sci fi movies featuring spaceships flying around on strings.

Among other things, he is responsible for...

Star Wars (good and bad)
Indiana Jones (good and bad)
ILM
Pixar
THX
and Non-Linear Editing
Stopped colorization of movies (kind of ironic)

Yeah, I think he get's a pass.

"Rogen, yes. Very disturbing. Write something to bail my retarded ass out of this.

And make it witty..."

:lol

Yeah, I think he get's a pass.

A big one. But people will still talk ____ because their dolls cost too much and they can't watch the versions of his films that they want.

Not saying I like the fact that he won't release the original unaltered trilogy in BD quality, but I'm not about to insinuate moral turpitude.

Back