Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these things in a resealable clamshell or are they edge/heat sealed like the later Hasbro VOTC figure cases?

My snaggs just shipped... I saw a few of these figs in a comic shop, but none of the ones I'd consider buying, so it will be cool to have this in-hand.

All resealable, Blue Snaggs included. You just have to cut some tape (which also peels off very easily.)

- MJ

$80 is kinda outrageous..

It is. I'm sure GG probably did their market research when determining the price, and I suppose it's possible that they simply can't make them at a lower price point. I don't know. But I agree that they would sell a lot more of them at a lower price. Maybe it's a situation where they would rather make $40 per figure sold (to make up a number out of thin air) rather than sell several times as many figures but only make $10 on each.

Same here; $40 sounds very reasonable to me. $80 is kinda outrageous..

Yeah, I paid $80 because Blue Snaggs is sort of special but mostly because a custom 12" Blue Snaggs would have cost me more in materials and time, but there's no way I'd pay more than $40-50 for the main line of these. Their simplistic level of detail just doesn't blow up to a 12" product that feels worth that $70 GG regular pricepoint.

Agreed though - if these were a $30-40 Hasbro product (which I could almost have seen Hasbro doing a few years back) I would have bought most of these.

Depending on my reaction to Blue Snaggs in hand, I'll decide whether I'll get a few more of these or if this will be a one-off purchase.

The SW card of Boba is one I will get when it comes out though.

Last edited:
I just got Blue Snags, pretty cool figure. He wandered into my Sideshow display...:)

DSC060281200x586.jpg

DSC060321000x620.jpg

He is the only one I plan on getting. He is pretty iconic. Although I never had this one as a kid, seeing him really brings back memories of childhood playing with my Star Wars toys.

Back