Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to share what I did this weekend. I liked the backer card for the R2-D2 figure so much that I went out and bought a cheap frame at Michaels. He's now hanging on my wall at work. :)

r2d2frame.jpg

Just wanted to share what I did this weekend. I liked the backer card for the R2-D2 figure so much that I went out and bought a cheap frame at Michaels. He's now hanging on my wall at work. :)

r2d2frame.jpg

You opened it, it's worthless now:lol

That's pretty cool. I haven't decided if I leave it carded just like its original or do something like that.

I don't have any room to leave these carded. My LCS has like 5 of these on the wall and they take up so much space.

14 inch x 18 inch

Michaels only had 3 choices in that size. Lucked out with them being 50% off with an extra 20% off coupon.

Maybe. I have the C-3PO already and was considering getting the R2 (and of course the Gamorrean), but I find them too big to display in their packages. Framing might be a reasonable compromise.

I found the cards to be too nice to throw away. I really like the R2-D2 as compared to the Stormtrooper that I sold a while back. I actually still have my R2 from my childhood thats sticker is just disgusting at this point. R2 met many a swamp when I was young.

Oh, I received the Blue Snaggletooth this week. A great figure even with the smaller packaging. I'll try and get some photos this weekend.

What sucks is I pre-ordered the SDCC 12" Snaggletooth, which cost me an extra $15 shipping and I could have just walked up and easily bought one while at SDCC. :gah:

What sucks is I pre-ordered the SDCC 12" Snaggletooth, which cost me an extra $15 shipping and I could have just walked up and easily bought one while at SDCC. :gah:

I did the same, but only because I didn't want to wait in their line at CVI.

Back