Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Fett and the Stormtrooper will be re-released and will be cheaper than their con exclusive counterparts. You only missed having them on Empire cards.

There still has been no official confirmation about this.
Altough I think they will be re-released on SW cards.

ToyFare: When will the figures star hitting?

Gilmore: We are launching with two very important characters in honor of the big 30th anniversary of Empire Strikes Back. San Diego Comic-Con will debut the ESB-carded Stormtrooper, and Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando, Fla, will get the Troopers and the ESB Boba Fett! Both come sealed on traditional ESB backer cards with an outer clear plastic display clamshell and stickered for the 30th anniversary. This will be followed up with the classic, first 12 action figures- Lucasfilm was pretty adamant about nailing them down. This makes a lot of sense as it is chronological and all the core characters are represented. I'm pretty excited about each of them, but just wait until Series 2. That's when Greedo, Walrus Man, Snaggletooth, and Hammerhead will hit the streets. I absolutely love all the cantina creatures. I'm looking forward to the Jawa and Sand People, too. Since I sacrificed mine, I'm in need of a nice big replacement! I really hope we can eventually get up into Return of the Jedi; I'd like to see a Gammorean Guard in this scale.

Note that he says that after TESB Trooper and Fett they will follow up with "the classic first 12," not "the rest of the first 12." Obviously the Stormie at least is getting a re-release. Logic would state that they'd follow suit with Fett as well.

Well, it will take an long time before we will find out, the next release in this line, Han and Chewie, are scheduled for an februar/march release. And with GG's trackrecord of at least surpassing any release date by 6 months :slap

I will be only collecting the first 12 + Fett, alos dont see this line expanding much more then that, the likes of Walrusman and Snaggletooth will be poor sellers when the edition size will not be very limited.

Well, it will take an long time before we will find out, the next release in this line, Han and Chewie, are scheduled for an februar/march release. And with GG's trackrecord of at least surpassing any release date by 6 months :slap

Yeah, someone on rebelscum quoted GG as saying the Fett and ST re-releases would be 2+ years away. I wouldn't be surprised.

Guess we see why SS hasn't released Boba Fett yet. GG already blew their load on him and people are now dropping for the line like flies.

Fett was my favorite figure (followed by the Biker Scout) so it is easier to say, "Peace, I'm out!" than if they'd started with Han and Chewie and were playing the "If these sell out we'll think about making Boba Fett" card. :lol

I'll probably get a few more (don't know that I'll be able to resist Vader, Telescoping Luke, and Vinyl Jawa) but I don't see myself dropping $1000+ for a set of the first 12. We'll see. I see Chewie is showing up on some retail sites now. Very tempting....

I'm in for R5-D4 if nothing else. That was my first Kenner Star Wars figure and if it looks as shiny as the one on the hook at Service Merchandise did in 1979, then the price will be irrelevant.

Okay, I tried reading through the whole thread and clicked on the links but... am I missing something? Where does one order these? I can't even find these on gentle giant's site.

Okay, I tried reading through the whole thread and clicked on the links but... am I missing something? Where does one order these? I can't even find these on gentle giant's site.

In order for the links to work, you have to be signed in to your Gentle Giant account. The only reason I ordered from them this round is because I prefer the small-head Han Solo as compared to the George Harrison version and wanted a confirmed reservation for it. I will definitely be buying future releases from online distributors to save a few bucks!

- J

What do you mean by "orignal one released"? The small head Han came out first and was then replaced by big head Han.

Was it? I've read several things about the whole small head big head swap, and I really don't know the truth.

I can swear on a stack of bibles that the Han I had in 1978 was indeed the big head Han. I may still have it at my Mom's house (in another state). And I honestly remember it the other way around. I remember that the small head came out later and I remember specifically thinking back then that they took the ESB Han head and stuck it on the ANH body!

Can anyone who was around back them chime in? Anyone remember?

I find your lack of faith disturbing. ;)

Vintage_ROTJAFA_10495217.jpg

In order for the links to work, you have to be signed in to your Gentle Giant account. The only reason I ordered from them this round is because I prefer the small-head Han Solo as compared to the George Harrison version and wanted a confirmed reservation for it. I will definitely be buying future releases from online distributors to save a few bucks!

- J

I was logged in and it still lead me to a weird page.

Thanks for the EE links, but I just found these on BBTS for $71.99.

Does anyone know when is Chewie coming? Thinking of getting that for a pal whose birthday is in January.

They will be released in March or April.
But with GG's trackrecord of getting eveything delayed .. it could easily be an couple of months later.

I'm hooked on these also. Got Boba and Stormie at C5. Sucks that Chewie and Han seem so far away. Oh well, I have plenty shipping in the mean time *eeh*

In that case, I think I'll mosey on over there and place a couple orders! Thanks!

(PS - the release date they're listing is May 2011.)

- J

Last edited:
Back