Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was really stoked about these untill I found out how much.

:eek

I think that these are a cool novelty idea, but yea, I just can't bring myself to pay such a high price for these. These would be $30.00 each tops for me personally.

I can't justify the price. I'm out, fellas. This collector would rather spend his money on stuff he didn't own when he was six, scaled up to his current size.

I think that these are a cool novelty idea, but yea, I just can't bring myself to pay such a high price for these. These would be $30.00 each tops for me personally.

I'm with ya... cool as novelty and $30 tops. But at these prices I would rather put it towards some nice real vintage stuff.

Maybe someday down the line when someone is unloading their loose collection of these for a good deal..

____ all three of these, especially that large head Han Solo.

I bought Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper at CV. At first I was kind of excited about them because 1.) they were exclusive, 2.) they were a _____ to obtain and 3.) the idea was kind of cool. But no way am I collecting the whole line. Not for $70 dollars a piece. I paid the lowest price you could possibly pay for both of them ($85) and I'm still suffering from buyers remorse. I can only imagine how someone who paid 100+ feels.

I'll buy Vader when he comes out and call it quits. That way I have three iconic characters and a figure with a "jedi" (lightsaber character), a trooper and a bounty hunter, etc. Some of the aliens might be cool to own but, eh what am I going to do with them? I have enough trouble with room as it is.

I'm fine with just Boba, a Stormtrooper and Darth Vader himself. These were interesting at first but now they seem kind of goofy. I'll wait for a company to reproduce the originals and make replicas of all of them. Every detail, right down to the cards.

I can't justify the price. I'm out, fellas. This collector would rather spend his money on stuff he didn't own when he was six, scaled up to his current size.

I was so excited about this line and now I'm finding myself hesitating on ordering the next two for the exact same reason. Do I really want to spend hundreds of dollars to build up a line of commemorative Kenner figures based on all the same sculpts I've already owned, played with, and then discarded? In 30 years of collecting is that really how far I've come? I don't know. Part of me is thinking that for $75 a pop to start the whole thing all over again maybe Kenner just had its time and Fett is all I need to remember it.

1.) they were exclusive, 2.) they were a _____ to obtain and 3.) the idea was kind of cool. But no way am I collecting the whole line. Not for $70 dollars a piece. I paid the lowest price you could possibly pay for both of them ($85) and I'm still suffering from buyers remorse. I can only imagine how someone who paid 100+ feels.

I agree that these are overpriced, but that the main points for you were to buy these just because they are exclusive and hard to obtain just comes accros as silly to me.
I am getting these because I like them, and would have bought these if they were $30 or $120 each. I never bought anything hopeing it would become more valuable.

Some of the aliens might be cool to own but, eh what am I going to do with them? I have enough trouble with room as it is.

Yeah these take up lots of space, but are cool to own ;)
What are you doing with your other collectibles ? Just display and enjoy them.

I'll wait for a company to reproduce the originals and make replicas of all of them. Every detail, right down to the cards.

Why wait for replicas if you can buy the originals for over 30 years :)
If you want anything like that this line is the way to go or just buy the originals.

I agree that these are overpriced, but that the main points for you were to buy these just because they are exclusive and hard to obtain just comes accros as silly to me.
I am getting these because I like them, and would have bought these if they were $30 or $120 each. I never bought anything hopeing it would become more valuable.

Well hey now, you skimmed over me stating that they were "cool". Yeah, I'm not going to lie. The value and availability was one of the factors that made these enticing. I know I'm not the only one. Now I would never turn them over and sell them (god knows if I wanted to do that I'd sell my Boba that I bought for $85 for $200 by now) but I think we all love owning desired things right? Maybe it's just me.

Yeah these take up lots of space, but are cool to own ;)
What are you doing with your other collectibles ? Just display and enjoy them.

My other collectibles aren't overly expensive cheap injection molded jumbo reproductions of figures from over 30 years ago. ;)

They're gigantic. And with that said, being this big I think it would have been appropriate for Gentle Giant to make jumbo cardbacks also. So the whole package was an actual 2-up.

Why wait for replicas if you can buy the originals for over 30 years :)
If you want anything like that this line is the way to go or just buy the originals.

1.) The ones I want are too expensive (carded 12 backs, carded POTF, mint figures and vehicles)

2.) Replicas are the next step, just look at these and Hasbro's mail away Boba Fett.

I would have bought these if they were $30 or $120 each.

Now THAT is silly. If these were more than $90, I would never buy them. These are easily $30-$40 figures. I also thought that Gentle Giant stated that the regular figures would be $60 dollars each, not $70 plus. More power to you I guess. It's your money.

I also think that's ____ed how different characters/types cost different prices. Small head costs more than big head. Chewbacca is slightly more. If they're going to do this, R2-D2 better be $30 bucks or something. Not only is it a small dinky toy, it has a sticker for "details".

But no, I'm sure R2 will be expensive.

Last edited:
For memories sake, I want to get at least one.

Probably a Jawa or a Sandpeople.:)

I might be interested in a Threepio, depending on how they do his gold finish. I'd want to see it first. I'd hate to think of how much they'll cost when they land here though.

Han looks ridiculous:cuckoo:, makes me laugh every time I look at that pic.

Back