Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad Gentle Giant messed up some nice busts (Leia Slave, Lando) transforming them into pieces of crappola just to get these oversized things done... :monkey4 :slap

Too bad Gentle Giant messed up some nice busts (Leia Slave, Lando) transforming them into pieces of crappola just to get these oversized things done... :monkey4 :slap

These are still one of the best collectable ideas since an long, long time. I wonder what the general reaction to these would have been if SS had come up with this idea :nana:

sorry,but 12" in that style? no way.will not buy!if i want to spent money for 12" ,i want something better than that.as a kid i bought those little ones,but now i want really good figures for that kind of money.

I'm glad SS didn't.

Same here!

These are still one of the best collectable ideas since an long, long time. I wonder what the general reaction to these would have been if SS had come up with this idea :nana:

That is a hilarious remark my friend. :rotfl If you want vintage, then go and buy vintage. In 3"3/4 scale the vintage line is superb. No need for oversized weird looking monsters like these. If I want 12" then I buy 12" Hot Toys, Sideshow, Takara, or even Medi figures or Gentle Giant statues. It's like looking with a microscope on your face, and besides the wrinkles you can see all the microbes and germs living on your skin. No need to see the inevitable imperfections of the 3" vintag lines translated into a 12" line. Plus they are way overpriced

Pic courtesy of JediKnight on the Rebelscum forum.
gentle_giant_vintage.jpg

I can't wait for the Cantina aliens to come out, and there appears to be additional vintage figures on the table -- Yoda, Bossk, At-At Driver, and Gamorrean Guard. Perhaps they're getting the upsize treatment as well?

Anybody know who the guy on the right in this photo is?

I'm glad SS didn't made them... In my opinion they are just some crappy, overpriced and oversized pieces of plastic. I think it would be more awesome if Hasbro made a more articulated version of the old figures. With joints in the elbows, wrists, knees and ankle's.

I saw the Stormy in person the yesterday. Soooooo glad I passed. I didn't get any of that "nostalgia" people are talking about and to be honest, at this size, with the mold seams, and vintage lack of detail, they look tacky.

Anybody know who the guy on the right in this photo is?

That pic was pirated from Insider. His name's in the issue, but I'm too lazy to go dig it out for ya. :nana:

I love that people either get it or they don't. This toy line splits people right down the middle. :lol
Yep. I was four when Star Wars first hit theaters, so collecting these taps into my earliest toy-related memories. They're great and I'd take an action figure over a mini-bust even without the nostalgia.

Not really. I own the vintage 3 3/4" one MOC. But if saying I fail compensates you for the fail of buying into this scam, more power to ya. :lol

Nope. I love this line but only own Fett. Just too many other awesome things to spend money on. I'd love to own them all though. Only a total fail of a person** sticks their face up to one of these and sniffs all the "flaws" at point blank range. These look awesome in curios from a distance of four or five feet (or more.) Just like at CV. And now you know.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nope. I love this line but only own Fett. Just too many other awesome things to spend money on. I'd love to own them all though. Only a total fail of a person** sticks their face up to one of these and sniffs all the "flaws" at point blank range. These look awesome in curios from a distance of four or five feet (or more.) Just like at CV. And now you know.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think the biggest disappointment about it was that the damn thing just feels so ____ing cheap, especially since it's hollow. Considering it's $80, and knowing what we got from Sideshow for just $10 more, it just doesn't seem worth it. Hell, the vintage 12" Kenner figures looked better. :huh

Back