GeneralZodLives--Collection SDCC 2015 Update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GeneralZodLives--Collection Pics *Big Print Update 12/13/2014*

some SERIOUS update bro! Loving the new Mondos :rock Congrats on MOS PF, Viper, BW and Throg buddy! Looks like your gonna be having a great Christmas! :)

some SERIOUS update bro! Loving the new Mondos :rock Congrats on MOS PF, Viper, BW and Throg buddy! Looks like your gonna be having a great Christmas! :)

Very great acquisitions bro!

Thanks guys! I haven't even started taking pics of the 1/6 scale stuff. :gah: I need to keep on top of updating this page from now on--or buy less stuff, and I know that's not going to happen. I told my wife she doesn't need to get me anything for Christmas. I buy myself stuff all year, plus SS should be shipping a couple DC PF's soon so those will really make my Christmas.

Wow man, you have my dream setup there! My poses are so boring in comparison! All of mine look like they are in a damn police line-up. I love your work here especially the evil superman/batman and Tony's workshop.

This is why I joined, to see you guys being creative. I love to collect but I need to work on presentation. Thanks for the reply.

Wow man, you have my dream setup there! My poses are so boring in comparison! All of mine look like they are in a damn police line-up. I love your work here especially the evil superman/batman and Tony's workshop.

This is why I joined, to see you guys being creative. I love to collect but I need to work on presentation. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks! I appreciate you checking out my collection! I used to have them all displayed in museum poses (some of them I still do) but when I got new display units I decided to play around with posing them. I still mess around with the figures and see what poses I like. Might as well have some fun with them!

Check out the Show Your Shelves thread--some guys have collections and displays that put mine to shame. Always a great place to find new ideas.

Got a little time this weekend to get some more pics with my ghetto setup. :lol The pics never really turn out the way I want and sometimes don't really show how good the figures look in-hand--I should have asked Santa for a nice photostudio.

Hot Toys 1/6 Amazing Spider-Man 2: Spider-Man EX

I really like this figure, especially compared to the ASM version. The body style, white eye pieces, and costume are fantastic! He's super-poseable and looks like Spider-Man should look. However, my only complaint is the damn ugly way they engineered his hands. The finger pieces don't sit flush and it annoys me. It's a great idea in theory, but the execution missed the mark. That being said, I'd much rather have this version just for the overall look. I didn't take any pictures with the clothes because I think they look stupid. :pfft:

HT ASM2 full straight (427x640).jpg

HT ASM2 fighting stance (427x640).jpg

I LOVE that I have a Spider-Man figure that can do this!

HT ASM2 upside down (427x640).jpg

HT ASM2 webbing (433x640).jpg

HT ASM2 webbing half (640x427).jpg

HT ASM2 full (427x640).jpg

HT ASM2 close (640x427).jpg

I took advantage of Sideshow's Black Friday deals and got the Hot Toys ED-209 figure. I couldn't pass up the discount, free shipping, and all the extra reward points. The only reason I hadn't bought him before was that I didn't want to spend $400 and deal with a cracking dome. However, now I'll use some of the money I saved and buy some Honda grease!

I'm pretty impressed with the figure. He's a beast (as he should be) but still has some really nice details in the weapons and wiring. The battle-damaged arm is awesome and how I wanted to display him so I'm glad it came with the figure. I didn't bother putting batteries in for the voice-chip because I've heard it online and it sounds horrible.

HT ED front full (520x640).jpg

HT ED side arm (511x640).jpg

HT ED side full (503x640).jpg

HT ED side left (515x640).jpg

HT ED full angle (547x640).jpg

HT ED close undamaged (640x427).jpg

HT ED full damaged (547x640).jpg

HT ED close (640x427).jpg

HT ED damaged arm (640x427).jpg

I've been waiting a long time for the Hot Toys Robocop figure and wasn't disappointed when it arrived. I know a lot of people were complaining about the paint (which is NOT chrome-no matter what anyone says), but I'm extremely happy with how he turned out. I understand people want what they want but the constant nit-picking that goes on in this hobby gets old. Every figure has an issue or two that could have been done better--you just have to decide if that's a reason to personally pass on the figure. In this case, the paint looks good to me. Definitely not a reason to keep it out of my collection.

To me, the figure is just unbelievably AWESOME--especially with everything that's included. The battle-damaged pieces are beautiful, the extra face pieces are ones that I'm glad they picked, the paint shows some nice color highlights, and the voice-chip is actually pretty good (a million times better than ED's). The die-cast makes the figure feel solid and the poseability allows me to recreate all the iconic Robocop poses from the film. My only complaint is that I wish HT would have included a molded trigger hand for the die-cast gun. Once you get the gun in the hand correctly it sits nicely but it takes some work to get the hand to hold it properly. The hand bothers me way more than the paint :lol

HT ROBO full (427x640).jpg

HT ROBO full 2 (427x640).jpg

HT ROBO full right (451x640).jpg

HT ROBO gun holster (427x640).jpg

HT ROBO close (640x427).jpg

HT ROBO bd full (427x640).jpg

HT ROBO fu close (640x427).jpg

HT ROBO bd half (640x427).jpg

HT ROBO bd close (640x427).jpg

HT BD close 2 (640x427).jpg

HT ROBO v ED 2 (640x427).jpg

HT ROBO vs ED (640x427).jpg

Re: GeneralZodLives--Collection Pics *Updated 12/21/2014*

Awesome haul and great pics!

Thanks! I still have quite a few figures to photograph but this time of year is crazy. I'm hoping to get caught up and post new pics of my room before the end of the year.

Those pics are pretty fantastic, love the pick ups!

Those pics are pretty fantastic, love the pick ups!

Thanks! I'm still learning how to take good pics but I think I'm starting to figure out my camera.

Great pick ups & pics.! That Spidey!:clap

I'm really impressed with the Spider-Man figure--more than any of the other 1/6 scale Spideys I think he just captures what I think of when I picture Spidey. Really turned out to be a great figure, though I know a lot of people got scared off from the first pics of the costume. I highly recommend grabbing one.

The room I display everything in is a disaster area after working on some Evil Superman Christmas pics but I'm trying to get everything back together so I can get back to getting pics of the new stuff. I'll post the Evil Superman pics in here before the end of the week.

Excellent updates dude . Im getting Eddy 209 tomorrow. For me, the side shots really show off the scale and detail superb. Love it :)

Excellent updates dude . Im getting Eddy 209 tomorrow. For me, the side shots really show off the scale and detail superb. Love it :)

You'll love ED. It's got a lot of detail when you really look at it. I wish I had room to keep him displayed together with Robocop but he's a beast.

Back