GeneralZodLives--Collection SDCC 2015 Update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GeneralZodLives--Collection Pics *Updated 12/28/14*

Thanks! I don't get many Transformers but some of them I can't pass up. Just got notice today that the FansToys Dinobot Soar shipped so I'll try to get some pics up quickly when I get it. I've got about half a dozen other pieces that I need to take pics of and post as well so I'm going to try to get caught up this weekend.

Yeah Soar is super awesome as well! Got him about a week ago. Hope you like him too!!

Big update coming today!

j6gk0cD.gif

Yeah Soar is super awesome as well! Got him about a week ago. Hope you like him too!!

I really like him. FansToys is killing it with their Dinobots.

Hey buddy, congrats on Catwoman :) looking forward to the full pics :hi5:

Thanks! She's a beauty except for the wonky eyes. I fixed them though and am posting pics.

OK, here we go...

Gethsemoni Queen of the Dead Print #059/200: Beautiful print from Sideshow. I don't even care that the artwork doesn't match the premium format statue. My only complaint is that it's smaller than the other prints that Sideshow offers. Not sure why they'd do that with the COTD prints but it'd be nice if they were uniform in size with the DC and Marvel prints.

QOTD PRINT (504x640).jpg

Psylocke Print #010/150: I didn't get the Psylocke PF but the print was too pretty to pass on. The colors are vibrant and really bright--makes me wish SS would do another Psylocke statue.

PSYLOCKE PRINT (473x640).jpg

Malcolm Reynolds Pistol Replica: I love Firefly and Serenity, and I've been looking for this piece for awhile. QMX finally got them in stock on their website and I had a 20% coupon that I could use so I grabbed one. It's really a nice replica--paint is good and the metal-plating makes it hefty when held. It came with a display stand as well. Really nice for the price!

FF MAL PISTOL FRONT (640x500).jpg

FF MAL PISTOL BEHIND (640x508).jpg

IMG_0803 (640x331).jpg

IMG_0804 (640x427).jpg

Revoltech TMNT Raphael: Raphael is my favorite turtle so when I saw this line of figures I had to get one. Once you get past the awkward-looking joints this figure is freaking awesome. Great representation of the character and the poseability is unreal. The only thing stopping me from getting the rest of the turtles is the price because these little guys aren't cheap.

TMNT RAPHAEL FULL (427x640).jpg

TMNT RAPHAEL BACK (427x640).jpg

TMNT RAPHAEL FULL SIDE (427x640).jpg

TMNT RAPHAEL HALF (640x427).jpg

TMNT RAPHAEL IN AIR (480x640).jpg

TMNT RAPHAEL IN AIR CLOSE (640x427).jpg

TMNT RAPHAEL SCARY FULL (427x640).jpg

Art Figures Heavy Armored Special Cop (AKA Dredd, AKA He Of Whom We Do Not Speak On This Forum): This figure is based on Dredd from the newer film that rocked and Art Figures killed it, especially for the price. Just an unbelievably great figure--the helmet, clothing, and boots are fantastic. The Lawgiver pistol looks great and I like that all of the accessories fit on the figure at once without looking like he's overloaded.

DREDD FULL (427x640).jpg

DREDD BACK (427x640).jpg

DREDD FULL POSED (427x640).jpg

DREDD FULL SIDE (427x640).jpg

DREDD CLOSE (640x427).jpg

Mandy Statue Exclusive Version #020/100: I love Dean Yeagle's artwork and this Mandy statue was a must-buy for me. I'm really pleased with how she turned out--the sculpt is amazing and the paint is perfect.

MANDY EX FULL FRONT (427x640).jpg

MANDY EX SIDE FULL RIGHT (427x640).jpg

MANDY EX BACK FULL (427x640).jpg

MANDY EX HALF SIDE (427x640).jpg

MANDY EX CLOSE FRONT (458x640).jpg

MANDY EX BOOBS (640x427).jpg

MANDY EX BOOTY (640x427).jpg

FansToys Soar: The Dinobots were some of my favorite Transformers growing up, and I'm finally getting awesome figures of them thanks to FansToys. Soar is a massive, heavy figure that turned out great. Colors are good and joints are tight (which was one of my only complaints about the Scoria figure). A nice little bonus was that FansToys included a non-chrome set of wings and clear beak. I probably won't ever switch them out but it was cool that he came with them. I like the scale on the figure as well. He looks as big as he should when compared to figures from the Masterpiece line. I haven't transformed him to dinosaur mode yet but wanted to get some pics up.

FT SOAR FULL FRONT (427x640).jpg

FT SOAR CLOSE (640x427).jpg

FT SOAR FULL POSED (508x640).jpg

FT SOAR CLOSE POSED (640x427).jpg

FT SOAR & FRIENDS (427x640).jpg

FT SOAR & WST (640x385).jpg

J Scott Campbell Gwen Stacy Statue #3497/4000: Over the holidays I posted a bunch of pictures of Evil Superman doing various things and Chicky said she'd send me something for doing it. I didn't get a Hellboy PF but she sent me this Gwen statue. I have the Mary Jane one so it's nice to have both ladies (now I'll have to get the Black Cat statue--well played, Chicky). SS did a great job capturing the art of J Scott Campbell. You can tell his it's design just by looking at it. Gwen looks cute, the pose is great, raindrop effect is well done, and the Spidey umbrella is a nice touch. This doesn't really have anything to do with the quality of the Gwen statue but I wish SS would have done a different pose for Mary Jane after seeing her next to Gwen. The Mary Jane statue looks really, really small now--though the Black Cat statue looks like it'll be even shorter than Mary Jane if they don't put her on a decent base so maybe the different heights will work when all three are together.

GWEN FULL (338x640).jpg

GWEN FULL SIDE (427x640).jpg

GWEN FULL SIDE 2 (360x640).jpg

GWEN FULL BACK (386x640).jpg

GWEN CLOSE (427x640).jpg

EVIL SUP WITH GWEN (427x640).jpg

Poison Ivy Green With Envy Premium Format #0590/2500: I missed out on the first Poison Ivy so was glad to see SS produced a variant. I actually prefer the green skin so it worked out perfectly for me. After receiving my last two pieces from SS with quality control issues (Alien Big Chap and Catwoman PF) I was nervous opening the box when I got her. However, the statue I received was fantastic--no wonky eyes! Sideshow killed it with the paint on this statue. The green skin looks beautiful and the sculpt/paint details are done extremely well. I can only hope that the same people who produced Ivy are the ones who are working on the Wonder Woman PF.

PIVY FULL FRONT (317x640).jpg

PIVY FULL TURNED (339x640).jpg

PIVY FULL LEFT (334x640).jpg

PIVY FULL BACK (316x640).jpg

PIVY FULL RIGHT (308x640).jpg

PIVY HALF FRONT (427x640).jpg

PIVY CLOSE FRONT (640x427).jpg

PIVY CLOSE TURNED (640x427).jpg

PIVY BOOTY (640x427).jpg

Catwoman Premium Format Statue #0513/2000: This Catwoman statue is one I'd been looking forward to getting for a long time. Everything about the statue was great until I got to the goggles up HS and found she had wonky eyes. I was disappointed because I had been planning on only displaying her with the goggles up sculpt. I contacted SS and they said they didn't have any replacement heads that were better than what I'd received so I could keep her as-is or return her. I decided to try and fix her myself rather than not have her in my collection or risk getting another bad sculpt. I got some eye decals and gave it a shot (only had to use 6 decals to get 2 eyes done :lol) and the result was pretty damn good for my first time doing something like this if I do say so myself. Now I can display her the way I want. Barring the wonky eyes, SS produced a really nice statue. The sculpt and suit are fantastic and the poseable whip is a nice little extra. The EX on this statue is a bag of jewels and not a must-have IMO but looks good when displayed. However, the ugly cat is completely unnecessary and looks like I tried to sculpt it myself.

Goggles Down:

CW GD FULL (345x640).jpg

CW GD SIDE (331x640).jpg

CW GD HALF (427x640).jpg

CW GOGGLES DOWN CLOSE (640x512).jpg

CW GD CLOSE 2 (640x427).jpg

Ugly Cat:

CW UGLY CAT (640x427).jpg

Wonky Eye HS:

cw wonky eye.jpg

catwoman wonky eye 2.jpg

Fixed HS--I'm sure there are people with more skill than I but I'm happy with how this turned out. Plus, now she has green eyes like she should have had from the start!

CW NEW EYES CLOSE (480x640).jpg

CW NEW EYES 2 (493x640).jpg

CW NEW EYES 3 (439x640).jpg

CW GU CLOSE (640x509).jpg

CW GU FULL (387x640).jpg

CW GU FULL 2 (361x640).jpg

CW GU HALF (427x640).jpg

Ok, last update today :pray: This will teach me to wait so long to get this page updated.

DID Chicago Gangster II--Robert 1/6 Scale Figure: This is based on De Niro's Vito Corleone from Godfather II. I think DID did a pretty good job with this figure. Though not fully screen-accurate, it's close enough--especially for the price. There is a ton of stuff included: 2 head sculpts, clothing, and accessories like a pocket watch, cane, gun, white cloth, etc. I had to buy another body, a set of pants, shoes, and socks to complete a full second figure so I could display both head sculpts but it all still cost me less than a HT figure. The figures look great with the HT Godfather figure and show a nice evolution of the character.

GF TRIO FULL (436x640).jpg

GF TRIO CLOSE (640x427).jpg

GF VITO GUN (427x640).jpg

GF VITO SUIT (364x640).jpg

Dammit--one more

Gentle Giant Groot Comic Version Statue #305/500: I like the movie version but I love that the comic book version of Groot is a little more alien and gnarled tree-like. When I saw that Gentle Giant had produced this statue I had to get it. Plus, they included holiday decorations that are easy to add on--the lights will stay on or twinkle. Gentle Giant also included a miniature version of the black costume Spidey.

GG GROOT FULL FRONT (358x640).jpg

GG GROOT SIDE (372x640).jpg

GG GROOT BACK (350x640).jpg

GG GROOT CLOSE (640x427).jpg

GG GROOT FULL XMAS (427x640).jpg

GG GROOT SPIDEY (640x427).jpg

Re: GeneralZodLives--Collection Pics *HUGE Update 01/18/2015

Sick updates Zod :rock I like how Groot looks like Pumpkinhead :lol

Thanks! I didn't realize I had so much stuff to post until I started doing it. I know everyone is loving movie Groot but it's nice to see comic Groot get some recognition. I'd like to see him look a little more like this statue in the next movie but it's probably not cute enough to sell toys.

Catwoman looks great with green eyes. :) Nice job!

WOW! Whoppa of an update bro! And respect on fixing the eye issue on the Cat Woman...great job! :clap

Awesome stuff man!

Back