GeneralZodLives--Collection SDCC 2015 Update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: You will KNEEL before my collection!

SUPERMAN LIFE-SIZED BUST IS HERE!!!

I couldn't wait to get home after work to get this out of the box.

View attachment 108083

View attachment 108084

It is GIANT (yeah, I know--LIFE-SIZE but that doesn't really register until you see it in person) and I was surprised to see that it fills the box from top to bottom.

View attachment 108085

I collect what I want to own--NOT what I'm planning on selling. I'm not one who searches for low #'s of an edition-size. However, I will admit that it's a nice little thrill to get a low number when you're not expecting it. #0068 of 1500!!!

I will admit that I didn't even notice that the number of the bust is on the shipper box until after uploading these pictures. I was so excited I just wanted to get it unpacked and didn't read past "Superman Life-Size Bust".

View attachment 108086

Barely fits on top of my Detolfs. I was actually really nervous that it was going to scrape the ceiling because after looking at it I didn't trust the measurements I made, lol. Not sure if this is his final resting place but it will do for now.

View attachment 108087

I literally can't stop looking at it. I may have gotten myself into some trouble delving into the life-size category for the first time because this piece is blowing me away!

View attachment 108088

WOW buddy :horror massive congrats on the Supes Bust...loving the bluey/silver chrome colour of the base :love will this be going with a certain Superman PF I wonder? :lol

Man of Steel Crib Diorama by Wild Mind Collectibles has arrived! I'm very happy to have this unique piece in my collection. Just a few quick pics--I'll probably change the pose for Jor-El after I decide how I want him displayed with it. I also may try to suspend the codex above baby Kal-El if I can figure out a good way to do it. Now I need a Kelex figure.

superman crib diorama full (615x640).jpg

superman crib diorama side close (640x427).jpg

superman crib diorama close (640x427).jpg

superman crib diorama above (640x471).jpg

Got me a nice little Bat-Shield for my '66 Batman and Robin figures from Lee in MI and DCFett at Carter Collectibles! Accurate to the show and very well built--it looks great with the figures. I will get some better lit pics up at some point but I couldn't wait to get this thing added to the thread.

batshield 2 (427x640).jpg

batshield close (640x427).jpg

batshield vs joker (640x427).jpg

batshield joker focus (427x640).jpg

Amazing collection. I have some of the same DC giclees.

Thanks! The giclees are awesome but I've really slowed down buying them unless I can get a great deal. As it is, I don't have the wall space for the ones I have and I hate not having them displayed.

Cool update bro ;)

Thank you sir!

I've got a bunch of prints that I got at Dallas Comic Con that I'll try to get pics of and post them this weekend. Also, Zod is coming next week, and the second week if June I'll get the Superman EX PF!

Loving those '66 pics. The batshield is a nice little addition. Would love to see a Romero Joker made to go along with your setup.

Loving those '66 pics. The batshield is a nice little addition. Would love to see a Romero Joker made to go along with your setup.

I'd love to add a Romero Joker to my collection. Hopefully a few villains will make the cut before they give up on this line. I'm still waiting for the Batmobile to go up for preorder. Crossing my fingers that it and a couple figures will be announced by the time Comic Con rolls around.

Holy crap you have a nice collection! A lot of figures. R u from dallas too? I saw you mentioned the comic con.

Holy crap you have a nice collection! A lot of figures. R u from dallas too? I saw you mentioned the comic con.

Thanks for checking it out! I'm in Oklahoma but my wife and I drove to Dallas for the Comic Con--took about 5 hours but the convention was worth it. Met all the Firefly people and got pics with Nathan Fillion, Stan Lee, and William Shatner. I was surprised at how large the Artist Alley section was. I'll probably make Dallas Comic Con a regular trip now. I've got to post all the prints I got that weekend on here--hopefully I can get them on in the next day or two.

Great Great Scores and Pic's on Jor-El and baby Kal-El diorama + Digging 66 Batman and Robin with there Bat Shield, Heath Ledger is a nice touch, Zod, Excellent Excellent Posts my Friend

P.S. The answer to your question, Ultra light Clear Fishing Line, I used to suspend my model aircraft when I was youngster but it still gave the Illusion of Flight, JMO

Be Cool
Al

Thanks Colossus for advice on the type of fishing line! I'll give it a try.

The Bat Shield really is a great custom piece. It's definitely something that adds a bit of "Oh, man--I remember that!" when people see it with the figures.

Finally! Here's the update with prints I picked up at Dallas Comic Con this month. I wasn't expecting so many artists (especially ones I wasn't familiar with) and I grabbed more pieces than I planned. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Amanda Conner Dallas Comic Con Harley Quinn Exclusive

conner harley dallas ex (418x640).jpg

Amanda Conner Wonder Woman

conner wonder woman (427x640).jpg

Greg Horn Superman

horn superman (422x640).jpg

Greg Horn Wonder Woman

horn wonder woman (434x640).jpg

Greg Horn Joker and Harley

horn joker harley (416x640).jpg

Greg Horn Black Cat

horn black cat (426x640).jpg